Post Match FA Cup Replay: Leicester 1 Huddersfield 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were shit but hey ho. We have a week off now, get the players rested, get over the bumps and scrapes and attack the league with renewed vigour.

Last edited:
At least people can stop whinging about giving Futacs a chance.

As one who was guilty I have to say I feel well and truly let down. If Futacs never wears the Leicester shirt again I won't complain.

Looked like we were going through the motions.........hardly surprising when you look at our focus on the league

Has anybody posted the 'at least we can concentrate on the league' bollocks yet?

It's the cup and Wellens got in the team. I can't be alone in thinking Pea Son couldn't give a shit about qualifying for Europe this season, can I?

As one who was guilty I have to say I feel well and truly let down. If Futacs never wears the Leicester shirt again I won't complain.

Don't go too far the other way :icon_wink

I can understand the frustration when a player seemingly gets ignored by a manager, but if NP is seeing that kind of performance from Futacs in training everyday you can understand why he doesn't get a sniff.

Schmeichel, Morgan, Drinkwater, Knockaert, Nugent and Wood. We need them all fully fit for the remainder of the season. Otherwise we may be fooked.

We were shit but hey ho. We have a week off now, get the players rested, get over the bumps and scrapes and attack the league with renewed vigour.

Well said, Mate! So we're out of the cup, who cares?

it was bad really bad, but lets not dwell on this, how mant times has our best 11 been beat, lose and perform that badly v Charlton and i will be concerned, im hoping expecting a positiveresponse from the club

As piss poor a performance as we've seen for some time. Absolutely shocking from the very first minute to the last

At least we now know why Fuctash doesn't get a game. It's because he's feckin' shite

The tie was lost by the quite ridiculous team selection in the first game, compounded by tonight's godawful shambles of a performance, in a dreadful game that we should never have had to play

It can only get better from here

But is that not what you were crying out for before Posh?

I don't think that anybody was suggesting that James alone would win us matches. James alongside Drinkwater is quite clearly our most effective midfield partnership. Nobody was clamouring for James alongside Wellens. You seem to want to jump on anything to support your perverted 'club right fans wrong' viewpoint.

Anyway, on to tonight. When I saw the line up my confidence in us winning was shot. But I was still not expecting a performance as inept as that one. We have been poor in our last three matches and worse in each than the last. Let's hope that ends now rather than descending into the kind of run which could see is scrapping for a play off spot, let alone the top two. Hopefully the rest will do us good.

I'm disappointed to say that I feel the manager and players treated the cup with disdain tonight. Promotion might be more important to those who stand to profit from it but as a supporter I want to see us winning trophies. Was that likely this season? No. But something being unlikely is no reason not to give it a go. Why are we aiming to be a top flight club? I would hope because being so means we are part of an elite group capable of winning silverware. Like the trophy we have given up on tonight. The team selection smacked of the manager not giving a shit and the players did a very good impression of men who felt the same.

You seem to want to jump on anything to support your perverted 'club right fans wrong' viewpoint.

I think you're being a bit unfair there. His viewpoint to me seems more like 'Club aren't quite as shitty as hysterical fans are making out'

I think you're being a bit unfair there. His viewpoint to me seems more like 'Club aren't quite as shitty as hysterical fans are making out'

I might have caricatured Matt a bit but he seems to have a big downer on our supporters. I don't use this place as much as others so it's quite possible I don't see enough of his posts to make a good judgement. It wasn't meant as personal attack (and I could have worded it less aggressively) and I'm sure Matt will tell me if he feels it has crossed a line.

Last edited:
I might have caricatured Matt a bit but he seems to have a big downer on our supporters. I don't use this place as much as others so it's quite possible I don't see enough of his posts to make a good judgement. It wasn't meant as personal attack (and I could have worded it less aggressively) and I'm sure Matt will tell me if he feels it has crossed a line.

Meh, **** him

Well,for me thats pretty much 40 years as a City fan summed up.5 league wins on the bounce,chasing promotion...then 2 defeats in 4 days.Both to utter shite that we should beat in our sleep.If there's anyone out there old enough to have been a fan for 80 years (must be a few) then I reckon their recollections are exactly the same.Its basically who we are.I wasn't born in Manchester,Liverpool or London though so I just have to put up with it.Onwards we go.

Philosophical mood today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670