Post Match FA Cup Replay: Leicester 1 Huddersfield 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
A comedy miss by Futtocks, but the bloke has barely had a look in this season. I'm sure there's a decent player in there somewhere, he just looks very short of game time and confidence.

An excellent challenge to the orthography. Futtocks will be popular in the dressing room as his eye-catching display, helped no end by those hideous yellow boots, took the attention away from the terminal crapness of the rest of the team.

I'd give Wellens a point for at least making some effort at putting some order into the shambles around him. Half a point to Keane for that pass to the offside Nugent, and a quarter of a point for Gally, for playing, no better no worse, in exactly the same infuriating way he has in the last couple of years.

Last edited:
People saying that the fans don't care is not true.

Anyone could see that from the way Nigel approached the 1st leg we never wanted to win the game last night, anyone who paid to go to the away game (I did) and still thought it was a good idea to pay a tenner last night (I didn't) must have part of their brain missing.

The manager never wanted to win, why you expect the fans to still turn up in volume and pay money to watch us limply crash out against a staggeringly shite opposition is crazy.

The nearly 5000 fans who travelled to Huddersfield (a team in the same league as us who we had already played twice zzzzzzz) certainly want to take the FA Cup seriously.

If the club took it seriously when we have a golden chance of progression then I would have been there last night, Pearson however provided enough evidence in the 1st leg that it would be a total waste of time and money.

Last edited:
The lack of effort has very little to do with the manager and more to do with the players. Even your dependable Schmeichel and Morgan looked woefully short of their normal performances.

I was not at either game but I struggle with this trend, amongst most managers, that the Cup is not important. One only needs to look at this site, to see what defeat has done to the fans' confidence and surely, the players will feel much the same.

Last night's team was a pretty strong one. Do those that were at the match feel that we did not really try, or were we just bad? I truly cannot see any advantage to going out of the tournament in this manner.....

Its all just a big shame.

Last night's team was a pretty strong one. Do those that were at the match feel that we did not really try, or were we just bad? I truly cannot see any advantage to going out of the tournament in this manner.....

What I can't understand is putting out a 1st 11 against Burton Albion and then deciding the later stage games are not as important.

Sometimes I cannot understand the logic in his decisions.

The only good thing to come out of this whole thing is Homer calling Reg and Martyn 'The Chuckle Brothers' :)

I think putting out a strong eleven against Burton was about putting the League Cup defeat behind us.

The Old Fox: A bit of both. We were poor but there was very little effort by the players to get forward and threaten Huddersfield's defence and to me it looked as though players were told not to go out of their way to win 50/50s. It felt like a friendly.

I haven't paid to attend a cup match (except the Florist one last season) for years now. The reason I haven't bothered is because the club don't take the competitions seriously enough and it is clear that they're not a priority. Why should I bother if they don't?

I wish we did take the FA Cup more seriously and I do recall the great excitement and anticipation fans used to feel about it. However, this is now dead and last night was just another nail in the coffin. I find it utterly ridiculous when managers (NP is not in a minority here) who talk as if they give a feck about cup matches and then select teams and play as if they're pre-season friendlies.

The fact that Bradford are in a cup final speaks volumes doesn't it?

Good post BN. There is a general disinterest in cups these days, other than when it gets to, say, the semi-final stage. Before that they are just an inconvenience.

I personally don't blame the clubs (most clubs as you rightly point out, not just LCFC) for this, as there is so much emphasis on the league. This is mostly in relation to income and, for better or worse, that is what football is predominantly about these days for the clubs themselves.

I think cups are generally treated as a distraction, much like international football recently. The marketing for the Premier League is so bombastic, and the riches are so great, that Championship and lower Prem clubs have a 'get there/stay there at all costs' mentallity and the cup games are a mere hinderence. People paid to watch a bad performance last night, thats the risk any football fan takes when going to a match, but its pretty obvious that the tactics and instruction were to take it easy and hope that the opposition roll over for us. Thats not a good attitude to take at any level. Afterall, a team not dissimilar to the one used in the cup put 8 past Huddersfield in the league this season.

Either that or we didn't want to be part of ITV's bum-clenching 'ooooh magic of the cup, here's some sad piano music and Matt Smith acting like a haunted ventriloquist dummy' coverage.

Last edited:
I blame the advertising boards, they were so bright they distracted me all match.

One thing that definitely WAS a distraction was the Huddersfield joint temp manager with the white shorts. Wellens misplaced a pass to him instead of one of our players and could be seen pointing it out afterwards. Surprised the officials didn't take action.

Seems to me that nugent looked very tired ,same with wez morgan,i really think we badly need some loan players for a back up to the regulars in the team. waghorn for me crap once again ,vardy out of his depth ,futacs i can see now why he dosent make the team ,wellands bloody well past it ,his pace has gone ,andy king didnt play but hes no better, yes if we are going to maintain the the games coming up ,we deffenitly need, a few loan players across the whole squad,and if and its a big if that we did get into the prem ,i can only see about 4 worth keeping ,or we will be straigt back down again.LAST NIGHTS GAME WAS A BLOODY SHOCKER.

Well I blame the players for playing like complete feckin' amateurs

One in particular, defended like a feckin' eight year old kid for their second goal - but we shouldn't criticise him, 'cos that would be plain wrong.....

@konch3: Good to see all the LCFC fans being so supportive after a defeat! Instead of getting behind us

Last edited:
One thing that definitely WAS a distraction was the Huddersfield joint temp manager with the white shorts. Wellens misplaced a pass to him instead of one of our players and could be seen pointing it out afterwards. Surprised the officials didn't take action.

I'm surprised Wellens wasn't complaining about all the City shirts in the stands confusing him into misplacing passes.

I'm surprised Wellens wasn't complaining about all the City shirts in the stands confusing him into misplacing passes, slowing down the pace of the game, getting in the way of team mates, committing stupid fouls, being a squillion miles off the pace of the game, and generally fart-arsing around like a fat useless lump of lardy cake

Corrected

I'm surprised Wellens wasn't complaining about all the City shirts in the stands confusing him into misplacing passes, slowing down the pace of the game, getting in the way of team mates, committing stupid fouls, being a squillion miles off the pace of the game, and generally fart-arsing around like a fat useless lump of lardy cake but then being really honest about how shit his performance was in the post match interview so fair play to him for that.

Doubly corrected.

Last edited:
I think putting out a strong eleven against Burton was about putting the League Cup defeat behind us.

The Old Fox: A bit of both. We were poor but there was very little effort by the players to get forward and threaten Huddersfield's defence and to me it looked as though players were told not to go out of their way to win 50/50s. It felt like a friendly.

- Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670