Post Match FA Cup Replay: Leicester 1 Huddersfield 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massively disappointing to see a performance like that, none of the team seemed interested and saying we played the game at a similar pace to a friendly would be very generous. I'm hoping it was a case of our 1st teamers, as it wasn't that much of a second string team, not being too fussed about winning the game otherwise we could be in some serious trouble for the rest of the season.

I'm or was a big fan of Wellens but last night showed his time is coming to an end as a player at this level simply because he is far too immobile. James was disappointing and seems very much like a sideways step to King and it seems most of of midfield are only capable of receiving the ball and passing it 5 yards rather than trying to do anything meaningful. Nuge was terrible and I have to admit that Futacs didn't show anything of any real merit to show we would be any better with him up front than the current out of sorts and badly off form Waghorn & Vardy, but it was his first start in however long so understandable to look a bit rusty. Still expected to see more though.

Not really sure what Keane & Konchesky were up to for their second goal and Kasper could have possibly done better with both but overall, it is probably a good thing being out as it does give us a nice full week off now as it did look a case of tiredness/half-arsedness last night and we would inevitably go out at some stage. Just a shame to lose at home and also lose 2 on the bounce to teams we really should be beating.

The wheels are still firmly on for me but I think last night did show us that they could come lose should we get some injuries to key players.

For the reason of.....?
Two things, based entirely off your previous contributions. Firstly, the fact that you're old enough to have watched a game 60 years ago. Secondly, the post as a whole. I feel somewhat the same way, but probably for different reasons.

I also feel that this season may be my last but not because of any loss of enthusiasm. As much as I want us to go up there's a decent chance that Premier League football will see me priced out, of a season ticket at least.

Two things, based entirely off your previous contributions. Firstly, the fact that you're old enough to have watched a game 60 years ago. Secondly, the post as a whole. I feel somewhat the same way, but probably for different reasons.

Div 2.... 21Nov1953 lcfc 9 Lincoln 2.... City top of the table with Doncaster 2nd. City finish champions with Everton runners up. As an 8 year old the best first game ever...the best first season ever... and 59 years of more downs than ups since.

One for the conspiracy theorists: -

Charlton announced that if we beat Huddersfield, our game next week would be put back to the Wednesday.
Can't remember seeing anything announced from our club.

Just saying, like :017:

There have been several stories on our official site about this.

Which have now been deleted.

It was probably just the one article that they kept bringing back to the front page. This is what it said:

Further to recent fixture rescheduling brought about by City.s involvement in the FA Cup with Budweiser, the Club would like to clarify any potential rearrangements that may be made as a result of further progress in the competition.

City.s Fourth Round Replay against Huddersfield Town will take place at King Power Stadium on Tuesday 12 February (kick-off 7.30pm).

Should the Foxes be successful in the Fourth Round Replay:

- The Fifth Round tie against Wigan Athletic will take place at King Power Stadium on Sunday 17 February (kick-off 3.55pm).

- The npower Championship home fixture against Charlton Athletic, originally scheduled for Tuesday 19 February, would subsequently take place on Wednesday 20 February (kick-off 7.45pm).

Should Huddersfield be successful in the Fourth Round Replay:

- The visit of Charlton Athletic to King Power Stadium will go ahead as previously scheduled on Tuesday 19 February (kick-off 7.45pm).

Tickets purchased in advance for the Charlton Athletic game will be valid for either date (19/20 February). Should City progress to the Fifth Round of the FA Cup with Budweiser, tickets for the Wigan Athletic tie will go on sale immediately after the Fourth Round Replay.

They also posted about it on Twitter and Facebook. Presumably it was mentioned in last night's programme too.

But apart from that, they haven't mentioned it.

Last edited:
Div 2.... 21Nov1953 lcfc 9 Lincoln 2.... City top of the table with Doncaster 2nd. City finish champions with Everton runners up. As an 8 year old the best first game ever...the best first season ever... and 59 years of more downs than ups since.
We're only one league place worse off. I reckon it's about even.

Which have now been deleted.

It was probably just the one article that they kept bringing back to the front page. This is what it said:

They also posted about it on Twitter and Facebook. Presumably it was mentioned in last night's programme too.

But apart from that, they haven't mentioned it.

I really can't see the point to all the secrecy. I smell a rat

Why the friggety-feck is anybody bothered by this loss? It's in a competition we have no chance of winning and the sooner we're out of it the better. Much bigger fish to fry, I'm with Rhydal on this one.
So the single, only thing we can ever win in the future is promotion to the Premier League.

Not bothered about going out of a competition which is dying on its feet. We certainly didn't have the resources for a long cup run and going out was in our best interests.
I find it very sad that the only aspiration of some fans is to get promotion to a League where, in the absence of ambition to win any trophies, the only thing we would celebrate would be the occasional win against Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd.

lcfc 9 Lincoln 2.... As an 8 year old the best first game ever...the best first season ever...

That's odd. My first game was also as an eight-year old and also saw a team score nine... Middlesbough 9:0 Brighton.

So the single, only thing we can ever win in the future is promotion to the Premier League.

I didn't say that at all. The aim for this season is promotion. In the future it may be that we have the resources and situation to go for a cup run, but for this season promotion is the goal and anything that can distract from that (through gaining injuries, tiring players etc) should be a lower priority.

I didn't say that at all. The aim for this season is promotion. In the future it may be that we have the resources and situation to go for a cup run, but for this season promotion is the goal and anything that can distract from that (through gaining injuries, tiring players etc) should be a lower priority.

I think it is far more likely that a mid premier league team will win the cup than a promotion chasing championship team, why not work on becoming a decent mid table premier league team for now?

I think it is far more likely that a mid premier league team will win the cup than a promotion chasing championship team, why not work on becoming a decent mid table premier league team for now?

That is exactly my point. I was saying the same thing to some friends yesterday.

A game in which Derek Hines scored a lot of goals - 5? maybe.

I didn't see the game - although I saw quite a few games that season. My first visit to Filbert Street was I think 1952/53 but it involved a friendly v Derby County.

Except that mid-table premier teams generally field weakened sides and don't care if they lose cup matches so that they can concentrate on survival and safety from relegation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566