Post Match FA Cup Replay: Leicester 1 Huddersfield 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised Wellens wasn't complaining about all the City shirts in the stands confusing him into misplacing passes.

The only part of the game I saw live involved Wellens have a ten yard start on one of their players towards the ball, failing to win the ball and then slipping over in the corner in a bid to tackle the opposition player.

Retirement awaits.

Konchesky can **** himself, did he pay to go and watch and travel and eat for the game on Saturday?

Did he do the same for the first leg of the cup tie?

Did he realise we turned up last night not wanting to win the game from the very start?

He was one of the bad performers last night so I think he should watch his mouth.

Good post BN. There is a general disinterest in cups these days, other than when it gets to, say, the semi-final stage. Before that they are just an inconvenience.

I personally don't blame the clubs (most clubs as you rightly point out, not just LCFC) for this, as there is so much emphasis on the league. This is mostly in relation to income and, for better or worse, that is what football is predominantly about these days for the clubs themselves.
I don't know why we still bother with the League Cup.* I mean, I'm sure it's going to be a great day out for Bradford, but even they can't pretend like all teams are taking it seriously, can they?

The best clubs in England play in the league, Champions League/Europa League, the FA Cup and the League Cup at the same time. As you say, I can't blame them for putting out a weakened team, and tournaments whose participants are not interested in winning are just a waste of time for me. Get rid. Maybe that could re-raise the profile of the FA Cup.

* Well, if it generates money then maybe I do.

Last edited:
Konchesky can **** himself, did he pay to go and watch and travel and eat for the game on Saturday?

Did he do the same for the first leg of the cup tie?

Did he realise we turned up last night not wanting to win the game from the very start?

He was one of the bad performers last night so I think he should watch his mouth.

You're risking his ma having a go at you now.

Wellens plus Gallagher in midfield is = or < a barn dance in both substance and spectacle.

Not bothered about going out of a competition which is dying on its feet - effectively killed off by the status of the Premier League and because the FA Cup is only a route to the Europa League which is in itswelf a nuisance and probably costs participants between 5 and 10 League points for having to be involved.

What is of concern is that we have no depth of quality in the squad - a point already acknowledged by Pearson. But acknowledging it isnt a lot of use. Unless Beckford and Danns are a major problem then I think that we would be better off with them at the KP than on loan. And yes before one of the usual pedants/ idiots throws in their oar I have noticed that Beckford is currently unfit.

The last two results have come as a reality check to remind us that we aren't that good and that it's going to be tough to take 2nd place. There is only one near quality side in this division and it isn't Leicester City. We certainly didn't have the resources for a long cup run and going out was in our best interests.

I don't know why we still bother with the League Cup.* I mean, I'm sure it's going to be a great day out for Bradford, but even they can't pretend like all teams are taking it seriously, can they?

The best clubs in England play in the league, Champions League/Europa League, the FA Cup and the League Cup at the same time. As you say, I can't blame them for putting out a weakened team, and tournaments whose participants are not interested in winning are just a waste of time for me. Get rid. Maybe that could re-raise the profile of the FA Cup.

IMO the League Cup should be killed off. And if it is to hang around, make it highly regionalised with a heavy emphasis on getting the first few rounds finished early on. First Round to always be a couple of weeks before the opening game of the league season. Second Round a week before.

FA Cup Replays should be seen off too. Let's get the fixture done on the day.

Last edited:
An anagram of Paul Konchesky is Holy Spunk Cake.

Just saying.

Last edited:

The League Cup will have diluted the importance of the FA Cup to some extent but the main reasons for the decline of the competition are more deep seated.

when i was a kid the FA Cup was regarded as more glamourous and probably more important than the League. This was when the club game was mainly a domestic matter. The rise in the importance of the Champions League has changed all that. Its a given that winning the FA Cup is never going to be allocated a Champions League place and the big clubs have demonstrated their low priority for the competition. As for the League Cup a final between Bradford and Swansea must be a sponsor's nightmare and lays bare the pointlessness of the competition except for spreading around a few quid from the rich clubs tables.

Huddersfield have made it £10 a ticket again for the Wigan game. I wonder what we would have charged.

Well,for me thats pretty much 40 years as a City fan summed up.5 league wins on the bounce,chasing promotion...then 2 defeats in 4 days.Both to utter shite that we should beat in our sleep.If there's anyone out there old enough to have been a fan for 80 years (must be a few) then I reckon their recollections are exactly the same.Its basically who we are.I wasn't born in Manchester,Liverpool or London though so I just have to put up with it.Onwards we go.

Philosophical mood today.

My first game was watched on the popular side terrace in 1953. Had my first season ticket in the Double Decker in 1958, and had one ever since. This club has given me more pleasure for much longer than anything else in my 67 years. I am now truly fed up thought I'd die in sight of the pitch but I think that this will be my last season. Ihope they make it one to remember with another promotion...

My first game was watched on the popular side terrace in 1953. Had my first season ticket in the Double Decker in 1958, and had one ever since. This club has given me more pleasure for much longer than anything else in my 67 years. I am now truly fed up thought I'd die in sight of the pitch but I think that this will be my last season. Ihope they make it one to remember with another promotion...
This surprises me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570