Pre Match FA Cup Stoke v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
The circumstances are different though. Our team is very settled at the moment, they've had a tough spell of fixtures and many of the players look utterly exhausted. We are also more reliant on a handful of key players this time round.

As a general principle, when it is right to make changes, I advocate wholesale change as opposed to two or three. That was the mistake we made last year against Huddersfield. We didn't change the team enough and it upset those left out and those left in. All of a sudden, nobody knew who was first choice and who wasn't and everything got messy. If you make it clear that you're just changing the team around because you need to rest players, everyone knows where they stand. Those coming in can nudge themselves closer to the side, those out know why and that it's temporary.

The changes against Millwall were about spot on. NP inferred that he's less committed to the Cup than the league so to expect anything other than wholesale change is odd. I expect Stoke to make major changes too. Sadly, the FA Cup isn't what it once was. Unless the FA dramatically decide to increase the reward for winning it in terms of a Champions League place or huge financial rewards, it will inexorably deteriorate as a competition. See Paul Lambert's quote yesterday as an example. Truth told, tomorrow's game is nothing more than an inconvenience for us and most other sides with something much more serious to play for.

I think the bigger problem against huddersfield was the re-introduction of players we thought we'd seen the last of like Wellens. I think Gallagher and Danns might have come back as well for that one though I may be mistaken.

I think the bigger problem against huddersfield was the re-introduction of players we thought we'd seen the last of like Wellens. I think Gallagher and Danns might have come back as well for that one though I may be mistaken.

Leicester City
01 Schmeichel
02 De Laet
03 Konchesky
05 Morgan
15 M Keane
16 James
17 Gallagher Booked
19 Wellens (Dyer - 81' )
24 Knockaert Booked
29 Futacs (Waghorn - 74' )
35 Nugent (Vardy - 74' )

Substitutes
13 Logan
22 Moore
04 Drinkwater
10 King
11 Dyer
09 Vardy
14 Waghorn

Leicester City
01 Schmeichel
02 De Laet
03 Konchesky
05 Morgan
15 M Keane
16 James
17 Gallagher Booked
19 Wellens (Dyer - 81' )
24 Knockaert Booked
29 Futacs (Waghorn - 74' )
35 Nugent (Vardy - 74' )

Substitutes
13 Logan
22 Moore
04 Drinkwater
10 King
11 Dyer
09 Vardy
14 Waghorn

Didn't Wood score?

I meant the away cup match, this was the team

Schmeichel
De Laet
Morgan
Keane
Konchesky
Marshall
King
Wellens (Drinkwater 69)
Dyer
Waghorn (Wood 60)
Vardy (Nugent 60)

So just Wellens.

In Conrad we trust :icon_conf

Feck me.. we need to start looking for another keeper a bit sharpish! Make things a bit easier in the summer if Kasper does go and give us adequate cover for the rest of this season..

Let's hope it's a cut or bad bruising. There's at least one youngster on the bench!

Strange feeling tomorrow. Will watch a City in an impartial mood. Win, great stuff. Lose, oh well. Worst result would be a draw.

I don't think Schmeichel should have played on Saturday anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566