Feck off Kelly..................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree, he is part of the problem, he was involved in the Management structure that built this current squad and instigated the blue print for the future, he was also responsible for the signing of 5 players since the close season (if you include Welsh).

He designed the pre season programme, picks the team, formation and tactics, so how the feck can he not be held responsible. Whilst the financial situation is not Kelly's doing the rest IMO is and people continually defending his responsibility in the current mess are naive.

but 'the mess' started years ago?!!? We were up to our arm pits in that mess the day he took over....he does all of the things that you say but he can only field 11 players to a certai standard...and that standard is poor. Bringing in better players without spending will take far more than 10 months.

We are totally capable of beating Wednesday, getting something from the Wolves game and spanking Barnsley. I think the next 2 home games will paint a different picture for us.

i think we are more than capable of losing those 3 games

Comapre where we were when he took over to where we are now......and with that in mind has he done such a bad job? We are totally capable of beating Wednesday, getting something from the Wolves game and spanking Barnsley. I think the next 2 home games will paint a different picture for us.

But he was appointed as Assistant Manager he had a say then then on who we bought,tactics etc.
So if we don't beat any of them you will come on here and say you may have been wrong ? Yes the demise may have started 4 years ago but we want it to get better and at the moment it isn't

well said

well said?!

That line of thinking assumes that Mourinho could go to Watford before the seaosn started and with no additional money he would be able to do infinitely better than Boothroyd is doing?! Do you really believe Watford with Mourinho would be mid table in the Prem?

RK can only work within the limitations of the club. Asdide from the few really excellent managers (like MoN) who could do any better?! Most would, in my opinion, have done a lot worse.

But he was appointed as Assistant Manager he had a say then then on who we bought,tactics etc.
So if we don't beat any of them you will come on here and say you may have been wrong ? Yes the demise may have started 4 years ago but we want it to get better and at the moment it isn't

I agree....it's waht amkes football what it is...I believe we are achieving as much as we can with RK and you believe that he is the primary cause of our current problem.

I hope that both sides of the fence don't let it be known before or during the game on Sat though.

well said?!

That line of thinking assumes that Mourinho could go to Watford before the seaosn started and with no additional money he would be able to do infinitely better than Boothroyd is doing?! Do you really believe Watford with Mourinho would be mid table in the Prem?

RK can only work within the limitations of the club. Asdide from the few really excellent managers (like MoN) who could do any better?! Most would, in my opinion, have done a lot worse.

For starters, Mourinho would have greater tactical awareness.

As I have said a good manager would have executed a player for money. Mourinho probably would have sold Young and brought in 4-5 players with that money.

Just add Boothroyd has spent milllions at Watford this season, Danny Shittu to name for starts

well said?!

i think a lot of it comes down to man management/tactics/motivation etc and kelly seems to have run out of ideas :102: you have used a few exclamation marks there :icon_bigg

Well when else are you supposed to sack someone?!?!?

If you have an employer and you give them seven houses to build, 4 of them he does okay, 1 brill and then the other 3 crap whilst all showing shoddy workmanship.

If you were the boss you would seriously consider his position, you would have a talk anywhere.
Surely when you build a house you start from scratch not try to manage with somebody elses crap. All our builder has had is the chance to go round the other builder and find what they didn't want. Might do a better job if he was allowed to buy his own material like previous builders did.

For starters, Mourinho would have greater tactical awareness.

As I have said a good manager would have executed a player for money. Mourinho probably would have sold Young and brought in 4-5 players with that money.

Just add Boothroyd has spent milllions at Watford this season, Danny Shittu to name for starts

With respect, I think you you are getting a little specific about a hyperthetical scenario....point lost, doesn't matter.

well said?!

He won the champions league with porto so yes!

I do.He might be a Arrogant fecker but he can motivate his players and has great tactical awareness.Look at MON at Villa he's spent very little in Prem terms and has turned them around

Last edited:
With respect, I think you you are getting a little specific about a hyperthetical scenario....point lost, doesn't matter.

Well Mourinho would have sold to make money to bring better quality to Watford.....

Kelly should of done the same type of asset management, still could have done it as late as last week and shipped a player off loan with a fee in January.

He won the champions league with porto so yes!

Can't really argue with that. Well, if you guys have your way and he get's the boot and MM doesn't buy the club I really do fear for us.

Who knows, we may manage to appoint some quality manager from a lower division but it would be a huge risk.

Surely when you build a house you start from scratch not try to manage with somebody elses crap. All our builder has had is the chance to go round the other builder and find what they didn't want. Might do a better job if he was allowed to buy his own material like previous builders did.

Yeh but the firm hired him because he had previously done good work in a similar situation, now its gone below that standard he previously did.

However, on the workers and material RK has had to use, the firm (lcfc), future houseowners (the fans) and estate agents (the league table) dont take that into encount.

Well Mourinho would have sold to make money to bring better quality to Watford.....

Kelly should of done the same type of asset management, still could have done it as late as last week and shipped a player off loan with a fee in January.

Who would you have shipped out that has a value then?

I would imagine the only players we ahve of value are PK and PMac. I wouldn't want to lose either of those right now?

I would imagine the only players we ahve of value are PK and PMac. I wouldn't want to lose either of those right now?

Stearman and Kisnorbo - neither of whom would be missed if the price was right

Can't really argue with that. Well, if you guys have your way and he get's the boot and MM doesn't buy the club I really do fear for us.

Who knows, we may manage to appoint some quality manager from a lower division but it would be a huge risk.

but appointing any manager is a risk especially in our predicament but i think its more of a risk to stick with kelly should we fail to pick up at least 5 points from our next 3 home games..we are on a downward spiral whilst teams around us are picking up points

The same way Kelly was a huge risk, another manager from a lower league at least has some experience which Kelly didnt have. Kelly has never had the reins for a whole season. If the silly feckers at board level didnt take the 'cheap' option, we wouldnt be in this situation. After all, Davies at Preston was already to quit for City.

MM or no MM, the board need a right rocket up their arse because the last two appointments have been shocking : a manager from Scotland (If he was any good, he would have broke the Old Firm) who had no idea of the English game and a coach who has had no experience in managering a team for a sustained period.

Stearman,Hume,Fatty Fryatt ? I wouldn't say RK has done a bad job but we are no better there is no progress and we seem to be getting slowly worse.He's now starting to blame performances on anything other than himself or his team.Afterall he has been at the Club a while now and he must have had a say in CLs signings and tactics etc.Some of his players appear not to want to play for him

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670