Football manager 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its been a funny a wierd career thus far.

In the January window I'm given more funds, i spend a further £10million. 4th in the table with a 5 point lead from 5th, 3 points off top. Could i do the unthinkable and win the Premiership, stay tuned :icon_wink

Finished 5th. Im gutted. I won 6 on the bounce with 1 game left. I was 4th on goal difference 1 goal ahead of Villa. Blues vs Newcastle, West Ham vs Villa.
Villa drew 1-1. I was 3nil down, made changes got it to 3-2, really needed another goal but it wasn't to be. The lads gave it everything they had, im gutted and im taking this month to consider my future. I let the team down finishing behind Villa by 1 point. I'm really, really, really gutted :mad:

noooo noooo nooo :098: :090: :icon_eek: :icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry: FM is saying "cannot open saved game" im hoping restarting my laptop might work, doubt it though :icon_sad:

1st season, Played 36 games and 5th place, 7 points off automatic promotion.

Also in QF of FA Cup against West Ham.

brought it a few weeks ago and it wouldnt work on my laptop.

It installed fine, then when i tried to run it kept saying insert Original disk instead of backup disc

why wont it scarb?

i have it again since and it still says the same thing. I went into Comet and they said my laptop isn't powerful enough to play it, its an Acer Aspire 3694. Im sure it has the required memory and stuff though.

I started a new game with Leicester.

First season: Bad start and was near the bottom for much of the season, however a late surge ensured me 9th place. Collins John ripped the league to shreds, scoring shit loads, including 5 goals in a 9-1 demolition of Sheffield Wednesday.

Second season: Managed to sign Collins John on a free transfer, and also got Dave Kitson at a bargain price of £2m. They both were amazing, Collins scoring 42 goals in total. Was in the top 6 all season, finished 5th after a bad run towards the end of the season. Beat Wolves 6-3 on aggregate in Playoff Semis, and then beat Fulham 2-1 in the Playoff Final! Premiership here we come!!!

I hate this bloody game.

I installed it a few weeks ago, I just don't have the time, nor do I have enough patience to play it.

I hate this bloody game.

I installed it a few weeks ago, I just don't have the time, nor do I have enough patience to play it.

That's probably not a bad thing. I'm literally addicted to it and its the reason why I underachieved on my GCSE's and A-Levels - I now uninstall it every about 2 weeks before I have exams at uni, and lob the disc in the attic until the exams are over!

I hate this bloody game.

i've still got the demo, i started a new game after going ages without bothering (due to ridiculous flaws with fan support stuff when managing carlisle). started a new game, its november and i'm top with leicester having shipped out half my squad and replaced it with kids/donkeys....

i've still got the demo, i started a new game after going ages without bothering (due to ridiculous flaws with fan support stuff when managing carlisle). started a new game, its november and i'm top with leicester having shipped out half my squad and replaced it with kids/donkeys....

Real Donkeys?

thats the stuff....

i totally forgot those existed, i'll add that to tomorrows shopping list

News-wire

'Leicester City Manager Fitz has put a £4.5m bid in for Brighton Forward 'Kissme Quickhats' which speculation says may be turned down'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669