Football Manager 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
how the hell can i give myself 100mill on the game? i am still having a piss-poor championship season....only won 2 games.....just pathetic

there is an ingame data editor floating around, you can change any aspect of the game including increasing player stats and recovering them from injury (but not suspension).

Your all fakes, £0 for transfers for me and im scouting in wales.

Your all fakes, £0 for transfers for me and im scouting in wales.

Keepin' it real. On FM 08 I took Hinkledash all the way to League 1 with no money at all. Any pittence I was offered as transfer money at the start of a season was sent to the wage budget for loanees and free agents.

The key to managing any lower league side has to be the affilations with larger clubs to get some tasty loan signings in. Covscum's youth team virtually got me promoted from the BSP :icon_bigg

Last edited:
Fourth season with Lincoln City. Promoted to the Championship last season, via the play-offs.

First season: Lost in Play-off semi's to Wycombe.
Second: Promoted as League Two Champions.
Third: Promoted as League One Play-off Champions.

Early in Championship season. After 4 games, failed to win. Favourites to go back down.

Team is as follows:

GK: Chad Harpur (S Africa)

LB: Jorge Rojas (Venezuela)
RB: Daryl Janmaat (Netherlands)
CB: Ilyan Garov (Bulgaria)
CB: Seyfo Soley (Gambia)

DM: Moussa Dabo (France)
AMC: Jacek Kielb (Poland)
AMC: Lee Frecklington (Ireland)

FL: Louis Dodds (England)
FR: Sabrin Sburlea (Romania)
FC: Radoslav Vasilev (Bulgaria) - Top Scorer. Scored about 100 goals in 3 seasons

Subs from:

Ivan Axwijk (Netherlands)
Maurice Mendy (France)
GK- Claudiu Puia (Romania)
Jakub Susser (Czech Rep)
Michael Schon (Czech Rep)
Rudolf Skacel (Czech Rep)
Patrick Oboya (Kenya)
Paul Mulders (Netherlands)
Miguel Rebosio (Peru)

Just released a number of players at the end of their contracts including Jody Morris and Matt Jansen.

Fourth season with Lincoln City. Promoted to the Championship last season, via the play-offs.

First season: Lost in Play-off semi's to Wycombe.
Second: Promoted as League Two Champions.
Third: Promoted as League One Play-off Champions.

Early in Championship season. After 4 games, failed to win. Favourites to go back down.

Team is as follows:

GK: Chad Harpur (S Africa)

LB: Jorge Rojas (Venezuela)
RB: Daryl Janmaat (Netherlands)
CB: Ilyan Garov (Bulgaria)
CB: Seyfo Soley (Gambia)

DM: Moussa Dabo (France)
AMC: Jacek Kielb (Poland)
AMC: Lee Frecklington (Ireland)

FL: Louis Dodds (England)
FR: Sabrin Sburlea (Romania)
FC: Radoslav Vasilev (Bulgaria) - Top Scorer. Scored about 100 goals in 3 seasons

Subs from:

Ivan Axwijk (Netherlands)
Maurice Mendy (France)
GK- Claudiu Puia (Romania)
Jakub Susser (Czech Rep)
Michael Schon (Czech Rep)
Rudolf Skacel (Czech Rep)
Patrick Oboya (Kenya)
Paul Mulders (Netherlands)
Miguel Rebosio (Peru)

Just released a number of players at the end of their contracts including Jody Morris and Matt Jansen.

You're ****ed when the domestic player rule comes in.....

I am in my second season of Championship. Got a decent side, should finish top half/edge of the playoff. Got well beat by Carlisle on it though 2-0, they have a cracking side on it.

First season I was awful for half of it and then we were superb, finished 11th.

Team is
Larsen/Heaton

Eardley
Mattock
Tunch/Morrison
Kisnorbo

Gradel (whose dynamite on it)
Boyd/Adams
Weso/some French geezer I signed
B.Howard

Folan
Roberts

Mr Nalis? Got this the other day..superb game! I'm Man City at the minute and i've spent millions! Lassana Diarra, Arseshavin, some keeper called Ochoea and a left back. won first 4 league games!

First two games in the BS Premier have been a joy to watch, Corin Brooks Meade doing a sensational job in goal to keep 2 clean sheets.

Cambridge 0-2 Blyth
Kidderminster 0-1 Blyth

The team I have assembled looks more than capable of competing this season. I managed to sign the Striker I had on loan from Sunderland last season on a perm (Cradock) and also picked up an Ex Newcastle forward on a free after watching him in the England Trialist fixture, Wesley Ngbo or something.

Christon And Gianluca Havern brought in to strengthen the defence and Kieran St Aimee and van de berg to give more options on the wings.

The most significant development was successfully putting the majority of my key players from last season on full time contracts rather than the previous part time deals.

Steady progress is key.

I was the Celtic manager for 3 years, won all the Scottish cups and League. I just couldn't progress in the CL, couldnt get past the group stages on my 4th attempt.

I was tight as the manager, cut all wages, was quite strong about it; even when players demanded more I told them to leave. Had a few bust ups and sacked a few players for not turning up for training.

I decided the time had come and lost all enthusiasm for the job, so I resigned.

2 months after: having a break from the game I decided to manage Barnsley who were bottom of the table in the Championship. I told players to leave the club and got rid of players on the cheap like Surman for £1million, no player is bigger then the club.

After 5 games, i've won 4 games and conceded 0 goals. I've implemented the same tactics as I had at Celtic and took a couple of backroom staff with me. Speculation continues as to whether i'll be at Barnsley come next season.

The dog fight is on!!

I started again as Leicester after my apprenticeship with Arsenal (which ended up being a bit too easy/boring).

So I started off by tring to get rid of as much dead wood as possible. Also cancelled the loans of Wayne Brown and Tom Cleverly.

Concentrated on signing midfielders first off, signed Alaixys Romao and Sergio (?) Matabuena. These used up most of my budget. Both Solid DM/CM but Matabuena is probably my best player. Also signed Alvaro Novo (AM RC) on a free transfer.

Started the season on fire. Fryatt scored 9 goals in 5 games, including four in a 5-0 thrashing of Leeds. Then he got injured, along with half of the squad and i dropped right down to 17th.

Have managed to get back up to 5th now after about 15 games, having tightened up my tactics.

Really need a new striker but have no money!

n508221259_1366458_3669.jpg

n508221259_1366459_3918.jpg

n508221259_1366461_4438.jpg

I'm still playing FM08, I get the game every two years so my next one will be FM10.

Currently in my 13th season as manager. Started off with Leicester in the Championship, got them promoted in the first season. Then took 8/9 years to go from fighting against relegation every seaon to mid table security and finally to pushing for a Top 10 finish. Got to the FA Cup final three times in a row only to lose to Liverpool x2 and Arsenal.

During this time I also took charge of Ghana for qualification to the African Cup. Unfortunately I failed to qualify even though I didnt lose a game. I couldnt be bothered to wait two years for a World Cup and so stepped down.

After 10 seasons with Leicester I got offered the Liverpool job which I accepted. Liverpool had become a mid table team, but in my first season I managed to finish 6th and also won the UEFA Cup. My second season I was given the challenge of finishing in the top 4, and after a slow start managed to work my way up to win the Prem!!

Just starting my third season at Liverpool and have my best squad so far.

Decided to try to do it honestly and starting with Burton, so far sitting 3rd in the BSP in my first season after spending all season at 1st until after Christmas when I couldn't buy a win.

Try the Swedish lower leagues - there's very little difference in quality between the second and fourth tiers, and if you get a reasonable squad together from the regional divisions it's relatively easy to bag successive (or at least fairly quick) promotions. Just hope you don't go up to the top flight too quickly because you'll doubtless get murdered on a weekly basis.

Finished the season in League One in really good form - only lost two after christmas i think. Almost made it into 2nd place but a draw on the last day of the season ended hopes of automatic promotion.

Won the play-offs on Penalties against Scunny.

When i next get on my home compluter i will list my signings. The main ones i can think of are Leroy Lita (free, from reading), Stephen Kelly (B'ham free), Andy Dawson (Hull £80k), Ben Foster (Man U Free), Some french RB (ESTAC 70k), Keith Southern (Blackpool free)

Also signed a couple of slovenian kids.

Managed to get £750k for Andy King (B'ham) & £350k for Lloyd Dyer (Bristol C). Considering neither of them were first choice in League 1, i was surprised i got anything for them!

Team looks like this:

Foster

Kelly
Dawson
Kisnorbo
Tunchev

Gradel
Mattock (retrained as LM)
Matabuena
Romao/Southern

Lita
Fryatt

After four games i have won 2, drawn 1 and lost 1. Out of the league cup in the 2nd round (Bristol City). The wins were the first two games so i'm hoping to pick back up from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669