Football Manager 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the in-depth backroom staff this time.

I'm in the Championship after comfortably winning League One with Leeds, doing well, on the verge of the playoffs, but finding I'm havign to adapt my tactics almost every game this time round, whereas in League One my players were so much better tahan everyone else's I didn't have to.

I really like the in-depth backroom staff this time.

I'm in the Championship after comfortably winning League One with Leeds, doing well, on the verge of the playoffs, but finding I'm havign to adapt my tactics almost every game this time round, whereas in League One my players were so much better tahan everyone else's I didn't have to.

I find the same, slight tinkering for each game

Which is realistic I suppose... not many teams send out a team with exactly the same instructions week in, week out... but it is time consuming!

I find the same, slight tinkering for each game

Which is realistic I suppose... not many teams send out a team with exactly the same instructions week in, week out... but it is time consuming!

That's why I like the new tactics creator and backroom staff, it was time consuming on previous games, but I find changing tactics so much easier and faster now if you have good backroom staff like I do. That's why I find this the most accessible FM game for years.

Last edited:
I really don't know where I'm going wrong, but I can't buy a win at the minute!

21st in the league :( Maybe I made too many changes over the summer... I think my defence is worse than I realised as well, and I'm shipping way too many goals.

I really don't know where I'm going wrong, but I can't buy a win at the minute!

21st in the league :( Maybe I made too many changes over the summer... I think my defence is worse than I realised as well, and I'm shipping way too many goals.

I was doing that, found I was defending too deep and attacking too much.

Switched to a Counter Attacking style both Home and Away and pressed more because I had one of the fittest and quickest teams in the Championship, soon shot up the table.

i am second in early november after a 5 game winning streak. Andy Carroll just brought in on a short loan as fryatts injured and hes doing the business.

Still on 09 but with the current season data update. Just got Charlton back to the championship at the first time of asking via the playoffs after a 5th place finish. Just spend my entire transfer budget for this season (159k) and I presume next on Kris Commons.

I had Jay Simpson and Gael Katuka on loan last season on the wings, and Tresor Kandol up front. Kandol got 28 goals in all comps.

Still on 09 but with the current season data update. Just got Charlton back to the championship at the first time of asking via the playoffs after a 5th place finish. Just spend my entire transfer budget for this season (159k) and I presume next on Kris Commons.

I had Jay Simpson and Gael Katuka on loan last season on the wings, and Tresor Kandol up front. Kandol got 28 goals in all comps.

Which update is that?

It's called the ADDM update, there was a new one released every week more or less in the build up to the close of the season, I have one of them. We have Weale but Mattock hadn't gone yet.

Google ADDM and you will find loads, pick the most recent.

i'm top and i've won 8 in a row, but im still only 3 points ahead of 3rd. i almost don't want to play on it now as i know a losing streak is about to start and all my good work will be for nothing!

I can't seem to get out of my rut in my 2nd season :(

21st after 18 games, conceded 45 goals! Can't seem to stop!

I've got my whole back 4 set as defensive, and a defensive mid in front of them... yet still conceding loads!

So frustrating, don't know what to change.

Woo, finally getting back on track.. hopefully.

Had a complete rehaul of my tactics, really sorted out my defence myself rather than letting the tactics creator or player roles sort out the settings.

In the 4 games since, I've won 1 and drawn 3... but most importantly kept clean sheets in 3 of those games... hopefully can get the team back on track, but they've all got low morale.

I've gone for a mixture of oldies and youngsters... lets hope they can help me achieve promotion first time round. this is my 3rd season having not got up from league 2 the 1st season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669