Football thugs aka wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
But to most it will just make football look bad,as we know they went their for one thing and it was not to watch city play cov scum.

Then why would Leicester scum go and fight Cov scum on the same day the teams were playing? Why not go to Peterborough, Nottingham, Derby, Stoke, Birmingham?

Of course it is connected to football.

I used to know somebody who said EXACTLY the same as this. I branded them pathetic and deluded.

Out of interest, are you a fan of Martin King's books, swellbelly68?

I was married to someone who sounded like that... he was a total tw*t too

If it wasn't for football, it wouldn't have happened.

They were Leicester City Fans and Coventry Fans fighting in the streets before they attended the match on the same day.

This is a football issue, it's nonsense to think otherwise.

fans in the loosest of terms of course, half of them dont even end up going to the game, they are too busy in the pub planning their next little assault on the next unsuspecting group that happen to be away fans that come their way. Pathetic arseholes who deserve locking up.

fans in the loosest of terms of course, half of them dont even end up going to the game, they are too busy in the pub planning their next little assault on the next unsuspecting group that happen to be away fans that come their way. Pathetic arseholes who deserve locking up.
Cate fox,as always a woman of sense and reason.I know several 45-55 yr olds who still come to the footy to cause trouble,trouble is many of them are now taking their 16 year old sons to indoctorate into their moronic ways.What hope is there.

Tenuous? Hardly a coincidence that people from Cov and Leicester meet up for a scrap on the very same day as Cov and Leicester play a football match.

So they are football fans like you and me? :102:

I agree entirely, but nonetheless, this is a football issue and we can't bury our heads in the sand and pretend it isn't.

These people are fans, whether that descriptions suits us or not, they are also fighting for the name of their club. We can disassociate ourselves all we like from them by our behaviour, but like it or not, they are football fans using football as their mode of violence.

I don't wish to be associated with these people, but I am. I won't try to convince myself otherwise.

I agree entirely, but nonetheless, this is a football issue and we can't bury our heads in the sand and pretend it isn't.

These people are fans, whether that descriptions suits us or not, they are also fighting for the name of their club. We can disassociate ourselves all we like from them by our behaviour, but like it or not, they are football fans using football as their mode of violence.

I don't wish to be associated with these people, but I am. I won't try to convince myself otherwise.

.... or Coventry and Leicester in general?

Maybe, but football is their vehicle. We are associated and it is football's problem.

Er... yes and no. All I want to do is disassociate myself from these thugs as a football fan. FFS according to a poster on FT one of them was a matchday host for City. :icon_conf

If it wasn't for football, it wouldn't have happened.

They were Leicester City Fans and Coventry Fans fighting in the streets before they attended the match on the same day.

This is a football issue, it's nonsense to think otherwise.

I hear this argument a lot and can't agree. You seem to be saying that if football didn't exist then we wouldn't have this type of people fighting. That's clearly erroneous. Football is simply an easy way to declare tribes and organise the fights.

Tribal fighting has been going on far longer than football and would continue if football were to disappear.

I still think that these people and society as a whole would be better served with a legal area for this type of fighting to take place. If Macky achieves world dominance I will lobby him for such a setup .

I hear this argument a lot and can't agree. You seem to be saying that if football didn't exist then we wouldn't have this type of people fighting. That's clearly erroneous. Football is simply an easy way to declare tribes and organise the fights.

Tribal fighting has been going on far longer than football and would continue if football were to disappear.

I still think that these people and society as a whole would be better served with a legal area for this type of fighting to take place. If Macky achieves world dominance I will lobby him for such a setup .

Jaysus, something else we agree on!
What's going on? Are you an imposter? Where's the real FIF gone?

You seem to be saying that if football didn't exist then we wouldn't have this type of people fighting
I'm sorry for you that you have interpreted it that way.

I'm saying that these people are using football for their vehicle on which to fight, therefore it is football's problem. Coupled with the fact that they are also football fans means that football is a very easy vehicle to use.

I'm not saying if football doesn't exist then this would stop, I'm saying that it does exist, and football is only the catalyst, the ingredients are already there. It's easy. Remove the football and another catalyst will probably be found.

It isn't the shit's fault that flies gather around it, but they do. Remove the shit and they will find something else. But as long as the shit can't find a way to remove the flies, then the flies have no need to look for anything else.

But as far as we're concerned, shit attracts flies.

Fair enough. So can we agree that the media is part of the problem in that they link this fighting to football. Football is not the cause, it's more of an innocent bystander. This type of person is going to fight whatever, without termination they won't stop - so let's give them a legal possibility where they can kill each other without being put away.

Fair enough. So can we agree that the media is part of the problem in that they link this fighting to football.
No.

Can you seriously, "SERIOUSLY" not see the connection between lads/men/boys from Leicester fighting in Coventry against lads/boys/men from Coventry before the Leicester v Coventry match?

Seriously?

No.

Can you seriously, "SERIOUSLY" not see the connection between lads/men/boys from Leicester fighting in Coventry against lads/boys/men from Coventry before the Leicester v Coventry match?

Seriously?

Of course there is a connection, but who is making that connection and why? :102: :icon_wink

No.

Seriously?

I can see a connection, but I can see many connections - I'd guess that there were clothing connections, hair style connections probably even after shave connections. I could see far more similarities between the two factions than differencies but the Media want to make this out to be a football problem, not a society problem, city problem, style problem etc... They don't want to look at the real root of the problem - evolution, Man (with a capital M), they don't want to resolve the problem. They want to attract money and calling it football hooliganism does that.

I can see a connection, but I can see many connections - I'd guess that there were clothing connections, hair style connections probably even after shave connections.
OK, one question:

Would you put the timing and location of said altercation down as a complete coincidence and actually nothing at all to do with the Coventry v Leicester match?

I remember the heights of "football hooliganism" in the flesh. The fighting wasn't really linked to the football. Around football games was the place it happened, it was convenient. A good kicking was given because it could be, not becasue they supported the opposition. These people are far more of a "group" than they are an opposition.

OK, one question:

Would you put the timing and location of said altercation down as a complete coincidence and actually nothing at all to do with the Coventry v Leicester match?

I remember the heights of "football hooliganism" in the flesh. The fighting wasn't really linked to the football. Around football games was the place it happened, it was convenient. A good kicking was given because it could be, not becasue they supported the opposition. These people are far more of a "group" than they are an opposition.
Is that a "Yes, it is a coincidence" or a "No, it isn't a coincidence"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669