Forest 5-1 City

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have the fans and have the right to know what on earth went wrong today.

We got ****ed. Sometimes you don't know how or why, you just get a seeing to. You just have to hobble away with your pants round your ankles and trying to retain some dignity.

We got ****ed. Sometimes you don't know how or why, you just get a seeing to. You just have to hobble away with your pants round your ankles and trying to retain some dignity.

That reminds me of Yarmouth in 1990... there's no dignity in being arrested though

Truth.

Try to put your finger on why we lost and realise it was a freak result.

Shit defence - Not usually
No Fryatt magic - Happened many times over the last 12 months, just not today
Wellens pulling strings - Non descript for a change

Now pour a drink, stick some JJ Cale on and chiiiill Winston.

I left just after Wagga scored.:icon_roll

Decided not to put up with the gloating from the trees on the way to the tram.
We were walking across the bridge as the fifth went in, we could see them celebrating in the Brian Clough Stand:icon_sad:

Not much to be added to the comments so far but I'll give it a go!

Can't complain at the scoreline, or Forest's domination. We were second best in every area on the pitch and no visible signs of teamwork, desire or determination.

I don't know if I would be more disappointed if we had lost 2/3-0 but had played with some damn passion and commitment than walking out the ground ranting about that useless lot.

Saying that...maybe if we had been given the penalty we were given, and then not given when it was 3-0, we might've sneaked a quick second and then it could've been game on(yeah yeah I'm clutching at straws)

From the back.....

Weale...well tbh the poor bloke must've felt he was being defending by a wet paper bag in front of him, not much he could do about anything.

Neilsen...utter shite. Should've been the first sub made.
Hobbs....all over the place.
Brown....:098: utter utter wank. And he might as well have picked up the ball and given to Earnshaw for his hat trick. I wouldn't have cared if he been sent off for chopping him down, but no, he just backed off so much that the lad must've thought Christmas had come early for his third, and the defending on him for his other two was just as pisspoor!
Berner....non-existent. Didn't do owt to help out Kermit in defneding when Forest scored their first.

Oakley....did he play?? Oh yes...I did manage to take a photo of him standing doing feck all......
Wellens....did he play??...Oh yes....as ineffectual as Oakley.
King.....He definiately didn't play..but he was on thep itch the same as the other two waste of spaces.
Kermit.... at fault defensively for the first(though he shouldn't have had to put in that position from Berner imo) don't understand why he got took off instead of Fryatt as he was at least winning his headers.

Fryatt........utter shite. No pace and offered nothing(tbf though he had nowt given him from the midfield)
Wagga....got on the scoresheet and ran about a lot, but tbf did as much good as Fryatt.

SUBS:

Howard for Kermit.........WHY?? I know... let's take off a bloke who can win headers and replace him with someone who can't and is as fast as a snail. It worked like a charm though didn't it?:icon_roll
Dyer for Fryatt.... Should've been done and Kermit moved upfront with Wagga.
Morrison for Neilsen.....Should've been done within 10 minutes, at least Morrison has some pace...though Morrison could've replaced Brown for all the good HE did.

Pearson.... got EVERYTHING wrong today. Team selection and tactics weren't suited to cope with a fast attacking side. Subs and timings didn't make any sense.

Ref and linos......well we can't make excuses for how pisspoor we were and that Forest didn't deserve it, but that ref was one of the biggest homers I have ever had the misfortune to see...good job we played shite actually....cos if we had played well and been done on the result cos of his ineptitude(and the highlights show didn't even show the debacle over the first penalty...oh no we've changed our minds- decision) I would've been even more angry than I was when I left the ground.

Listened to Pearson and Brown on RL as we came home from Mansfield(went there for food and to pick up pets after the game) and tbf to both of them, they didn't make any excuses, didn't shirk the responsibility of the games debacle, and fully accepted that the result was completely embarrassing and that the fans had every right to be miffed.

Pearson said that no one was safe for the team on Tuesday after that, and they'd be in training Sunday. And when Brown was asked about Sunday training and if it was cos we had a midweek game, Brown said it was the first time since joining us that they had been told they would be in on a Sunday. Which imo is quite telling on how angry Pearson is about the result(And so he should be the twonk!)

Right....I'm off to have a few more drinks and will face TFF tomorrow.....any of those Forest lot taking the piss and I'll have the match thread locked quicker than they can blink and I'll be pressing the ban button if they annoy me too much!( Ahh it's great being an Admin on such a huge forum....even though I ain't got a clue about the technical side of things!)

Thanks for the in depth view BF. Sorry you had to see it in the flesh. I hope and pray NP has the nads to try summink different on tuesday.

ah a couple of glasses of vino later its not so bad. We're still in a good position - would have took a loss today to be where we are at the start of the year . Nige will see us good , our form has been slipping lately and we've got away with it - we needed a kick and we got one . At least we know now who stole the chelsea dagger cd ! :018:

Pearson.... got EVERYTHING wrong today. Team selection and tactics weren't suited to cope with a fast attacking side. Subs and timings didn't make any sense.

Listened to Pearson and Brown on RL as we came home from Mansfield(went there for food and to pick up pets after the game) and tbf to both of them, they didn't make any excuses, didn't shirk the responsibility of the games debacle, and fully accepted that the result was completely embarrassing and that the fans had every right to be miffed.

Pearson said that no one was safe for the team on Tuesday after that, and they'd be in training Sunday. And when Brown was asked about Sunday training and if it was cos we had a midweek game, Brown said it was the first time since joining us that they had been told they would be in on a Sunday. Which imo is quite telling on how angry Pearson is about the result(And so he should be the twonk!)

Pearson sounded confused to me, sounded as if he didn't know his own team, not knocking him, he sounded how I felt, which was probably accurate

Hope we can look back on this and say blimey, that was the game when NP finally told Oakley and Neilson to **** off, come back and then **** off again.

Slip Bristol a reminder that we're a good team disguised as a bunch of unpredictable, shambolic retards and I'm happy.

Pearson sounded confused to me, sounded as if he didn't know his own team, not knocking him, he sounded how I felt, which was probably accurate

Yes but he didn't hide and try and make excuses, which many managers would've done, even when offered the hcance to discuss the performance of the ref he wouldn't put anything down to him but to his own, and his teams failings.

I thought he came away from the interview with a lot of credit the way he spoke about the performance and his thoughts on why it went so badly wrong.

One thought.... seeing as he and his team are acknowledging their performance wasn't acceptable, perhaps a small gesture of goodwill by the club to show their appreciation of the 4000+ fools who went to the City Ground would be nice...obviously there's feck all chance of us getting a refund for that no-show by the team a la Wigan, but could we have our Swansea cup tickets for nowt please?:)

Seeing as they know exactly who was there after handing over the details of our names, addresses and phone numbers-which I found out today and I see no feck all reason why Forest should want them......I mean my number is ex-directory for a reason....cos I don't want twats having access to it!

Just landed in Abu Dhabi after a 14 hour flight, and was finally able to get the result. Deeply dejected. :icon_sad:

We also lost 6-1 away to Ipswich in one of the first few games of the season back in 2002 before we got promoted back to the Premier League after finishing 2nd in Division One!

Listening to the fishing show on TalkSport this morning, I can't even escape it. Someone text in with a reference to the game yesterday... :(

Really expected a lot more from you guys. Just humping it up front at every opportunity is garbage. Not very good are you ?

And more than a little boisterous in your tackles and God knows why the ref wasn't more sever with you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566