Forest Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Campbell is a good goal scorer. Trouble is, we have no idea what one of those looks like cos we haven't had one here for about 25 years.

If he plays in a half decent team for 40 matches, he'll score you 20 goals. He'd be one of the first names on any team sheet for me.

Agreed.

DJ Campbell looks totally in control and a class finisher when the ball is on the floor and at his feet.

What he wont do is win headers and scrap for the ball (i.e. Hume), but he will score you goals.

Agreed.

DJ Campbell looks totally in control and a class finisher when the ball is on the floor and at his feet.

What he wont do is win headers and scrap for the ball (i.e. Hume), but he will score you goals.

He's playing for the wrong team then

Think QPR was first?

By the way, Megson can stay in the dressing room if this is how they finish the games. Despite we were playing shite for nearly the whole 90 minutes, it was a good game. :)

thats fecking news to me, where were you sat?

DJ Campbell is not proving himself, can anybody tell me how many goals he scored last season?

Just heard on Radio 5 Live that the free goal idea was cooked up by Milan, Tim Davies and Megson, who were apparently impressed with the way Forest reacted in the abandoned game. Megson told Colin Calderwood 15 minutes before the game what was going to happen, but said it had to be the Forest keeper who scored as there were no odds on him at the bookies to score the first goal.

Just heard on Radio 5 Live that the free goal idea was cooked up by Milan, Tim Davies and Megson, who were apparently impressed with the way Forest reacted in the abandoned game. Megson told Colin Calderwood 15 minutes before the game what was going to happen, but said it had to be the Forest keeper who scored as there were no odds on him at the bookies to score the first goal.

Remember when Paulo diCanio caught the ball against Everton when their keeper was injured? He got a special UEFA fair play award. I reckon we ought to get one too for this.

Campbell scored 12 in 18 starts for Brentford and 12 in 24 starts for Brum. 2 in 6 starts for us so far. Quite a few sub appearances along the way too.

Overall, 48 starts & 26 goals.

Last edited:

well thats utter bollux. This was discussed the following day of the previous match between the two boards. Forest offered the abandonment we did not ask for it, so we give them the one goal back

Remember when Paulo diCanio caught the ball against Everton when their keeper was injured? He got a special UEFA fair play award. I reckon we ought to get one too for this.

wonder if any of those three had a quick wager :icon_wink

i heard he scored an average of a goal every other game

19 starts 9 goals

Yep, but that was his whole time with Brum for league matches, not just last season.

Last edited:
DJ Campbell:

Birmingham 22 starts plus 24 as sub - 12 goals
Brentford 18 starts plus 10 as sub - 13 goals

Plus whatever he did in non-league football.

25 goals from 40 starts is pretty good by anybody's standards.

DJ Campbell:

so in the 34 games he came on as sub he never scored?...........:102:

DJ Campbell:

If your stats are correct, and i'm sure they are ... He's scored 25 goals in 74 appearances. 1 goal every 3 games ... very average

He's probably got the best goalscoring record of any striker we've had in at least five years (someone will now go and prove me wrong).

But hey, let's moan about it anyway! :icon_roll :icon_roll :icon_roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00