Forest Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forest were worthy opposition and can feel good about there teams performance.
Good luck to them for the rest of the season.

If it's all the same to you I would prefer to see them go down to the fourth tier of English football. :)

Any news on Weso's injury? Is it a bad one?

If it is we need some midfield cover with the amount of games we have coming up.

Done his hamstring - so will probably be a couple of weeks at least

Kishishev can cover

Actually Granite Fox he has got problems with his voice ... I listened to his pre-match interview on the BBC and he sounded like Bonnie Tyler ... very croaky from yelling instructions apparently ...

I know- I was only being sarcastic at the end. Give the guy a chance and see what results he produces. Milan will not put up with failure, so the fans do not need to get on anyone's back.

Yes, you are absolutely right David.
But can I also make the point that this is an internet forum (not necessarily directing this at you BTW Davd)
talkingballs.co.uk has always been for me the internet equivalent of sitting in the pub talking shit with your mates. Whatever is said here has no affect on the team & is just a place where you can air your views, regardless of what your views may be, popular or not, it didn't used to matter.
Recently however people have been shot down in flames for daring to question anything that may be perceived as being in any slight way as being critical of the way the club is being run. Whether there is any truth in it or not.

Recently on this forum, if you dare offer any opinion that doesn't toe the Milan propaganda on how things are, you are instantly labelled as a bad fan and posters will try to convince you that they are better than you in all ways because you are not toeing the party line.

Anything that you post here is your own opinion and however insane it is, it is valid, it's your opinion after all.
There is a huge difference between offering to share your opinion on an internet forum & refusing to support your team whilst they are playing on the the pitch.

I just wish that some of the newer posters on talkingballs were able to make that separation. Unfortunately that isn't the case & it is to the detriment of the forum.

This is the longest post I have ever made in the history of talkingballls but I am really pissed off with the way some posters have been pathetically trying to belittle other posters for not having identical views to them.

To those posters suck my infected dick.
talkingballs is better than you.

good post and seeing that some of what you said was directed at me i will reply:
you are right macky as regards not taking whats said on here to serious.
when i had a dig at you and redditch, it was all part of the big picture, ie from day one that megson was appointed, some here had a right go at him.some dissapointment but some comments that imo were way out of order,ginger c^nt,florist tw&t etc etc, put that together with the negativity (imo) as regards how he was the worst appointment and the pro ma brigade shooting him down.
i consider myself a good fan of this club (35 years) and you could say i lost it with all, imo, the negativaty sorrounding gary megsons appointment as manager of this club.

can i take this chance to apologise to you and reddittch and anyone else that might have thought i had tried to silence their opinion.

i will now take my blinkers off and move on.

i will remain positive, thats my nature,but not so positive that it upsets other posters.

Any news on Weso's injury? Is it a bad one?

If it is we need some midfield cover with the amount of games we have coming up.

Hamstring - still needs to be assessed, I guess worst case is 6 weeks.

I agree with Macky that we can say what we want and what we feel on this board, it is the numpties that chant for MA2 at the match that get my goat.

We are all entitled to our opinions on here, but we need to get behind the lads at each game. I think some posters get confused and think that people being negative on here are also being negative at the games and I do not think that is often the case.

i will remain positive, thats my nature,but not so positive that it upsets other posters.

I wouldn't worry about other posters - it's not as if they give a fcuk about you :)

Hamstring - still needs to be assessed, I guess worst case is 6 weeks.

I agree with Macky that we can say what we want and what we feel on this board, it is the numpties that chant for MA2 at the match that get my goat.

Absolutely

These people are festering wankpieces of the highest order

The cobblers posted on here is just light-hearted nonsense and inane opinion on the whole and, like Macky said, the type of shite you would witter on about in the pub with your mates (assuming you have any). When it comes to the game I suspect that everyone on here is behind the team as much as anyone

But these tossers are complete tossers, end of story.

If we win five games on the trot they will singing Megson's name instead without a second thought (that's if they are capable of having an independent thought)

Just wanted to say 'good on you' to all you guys and gals who went last night. Hope the result gave you a chance to have a darned good celebration due to events ON the pitch for a change.

If we win five games on the trot they will singing Megson's name instead without a second thought (that's if they are capable of having an independent thought)

So will you be changing your sig when we go on this five game winning streak?

:)

I am warming to Megson. Not because of last nights result though. It was his description of Wesolowski having "a heart as big as a bucket..." that did it for me. Love it.

Super PR attack from MM and his lapdog reporter :038:

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?key=1D29|0|2185366269754|R|536|6343261992007326951831

Stop poisoning this club - Milan
by Bill Anderson

Leicester City chairman Milan Mandaric has blasted certain elements of the club's fans for “poisoning the club.”
cityvforest1-we38.jpg

He was incensed at Nottingham Forest last night when chants of “One Martin Allen” rang out from small sections of the City support.
Mandaric, below, saw it as an insult to himself and to his new manager Gary Megson.
The former Forest manager was only appointed as Allen's successor last Thursday, and last night he led City to a 3-2 win at the City Ground in the re-arranged Carling Cup second round tie after giving the home side a “free” goal at the beginning.
Although other, larger groups of the Blue Army responded with chants of support, Mandaric was furious at what he had heard.
He said: “I was very disappointed to hear that coming from those among our supporters, who are clearly not supporters at all, at least not by what it said the last time I looked in the dictionary.
“I am working very hard to take this club forward. I am using my money, my enthusiasm and my energy, which is driven by doing this for the 20,000-plus fans in the majority, not small minorities like this whose behaviour I find totally unacceptable.
“They are poisoning the club. They are those who have been part of the doom and gloom element over the years here, and we are all working hard to move things forward. I want them with me in this, not against me.
“When I first came to this club, I asked the people to trust me and I have only one aim, to make this club successful for everyone.
“I hope the true supporters isolate and reject those groups who are obviously not real fans.
“Were they not at Nottingham in the previous game under Martin Allen when that 45 minutes was a disgrace?
“To do this when the team is out there fighting back to win, showing great spirit under the new manager, was unacceptable.
“It also spoiled a night when not only did the team win a fine victory, but also when the reputation of the club, through sportsmanship, would be known not just in this country but around the world.”
Mandaric came up with the idea to give Forest a goal start last night.
It was a gesture of fairness as Forest had been 1-0 up when the original game was abandoned because of the half-time collapse of City's Clive Clarke, and it also stunned the crowd on both sides.
Megson had backed the move and said: “In view of how well Forest had done in their help in dealing with the Clive Clarke situation, we felt it was only right and fair that we did this.
“I told Forest our plan only a few minutes before the game, and we had to keep it under wraps until then because, with people betting on first goalscorers and all these other things in football now, it would have been a problem.
“So that Forest could not be accused of anything, it was left to me to pick the goalscorer and that is why their goalkeeper (Paul Smith) got the goal.
“It was the right thing to do and then our team showed the strength of character needed to twice come back from behind to win the game.”
Forest manager Colin Calderwood added: €˜€˜Leicester felt it was the correct thing to do and I must admit it took us back a little bit to start with.
“But it was an honourable gesture and I would like to think that football in general has come out of the game as the winner.”
City now face Martin O'Neill's Aston Villa in the third round at Villa Park a week tonight - a repeat of the same stage last year when Villa won on penalties at the Walkers Stadium.

I agree with his sentiment but I think he is on a bit of a loser with the 'didnt you see the disgraceful performance at Forest' line. It was on the back of hammering the league leaders 4-1

Well said Milan!! Blimey didnt think he would come out and say that!!

I agree with his sentiment but I think he is on a bit of a loser with the 'didnt you see the disgraceful performance at Forest' line. It was on the back of hammering the league leaders 4-1

True

It was, however, one of the most inept performances that I have seen for many a year.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669