Forest Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Megson's comments ... taken from the OS

Megson On Dramatic Cup Victory

Leicester City boss Gary Megson has this evening relayed his thoughts to the club's official website following a remarkable night at the City Ground.

The Carling Cup second round tie was replayed after the first game had been abandoned at half time when City defender Clive Clarke collapsed in the dressing room.

It transpired that Clarke had suffered heart attack - but thankfully the player is now on the road to recovery.

Forest had been leading the game 1-0 at the time, and after discussions at the weekend between Chairman Milan Mandaric, Chief Executive Tim Davies and Megson himself, it was decided in private that the Foxes would hand a goal to the home side at the start of the replay.

So as the match kicked off it was left up to Forest goalkeeper Paul Smith to dribble the ball upfield and restore the advantage.

Megson said: "We just felt that it was the right and proper thing to do. The first game obviously finished in tragic circumstances - with Clive's heart attack. But the rules say that Forest would have been perfectly entitled to have played out the game. We felt it was therefore the right thing to do.

"I wasn't at the first game but I have been told that Forest were well on top and by all accounts it could have been all over by half time.

"We wanted to make sure that the game kicked off how it had finished. It just took Paul 10 or 20 seconds to score and then we were able to kick off the game as it had finished.

"It was difficult trying to organise the whole thing because of betting. We didn't want people to know what was going on, so I spoke to Colin about 15 minutes before the kick off and told him what we intended to do. I informed him that as they were tossing the coin ahead of the game I would tell him which player should score so there would therefore be no suggestion of impropriety on Colin's part - or anybody at Nottingham Forest.

"Regardless of the score we knew it was the right thing to do."

City equalised on the night through Alan Sheehan, before Nathan Tyson regained the advantage for the home side in the second half.

But Richard Stearman levelled the score with just two minutes of the game remaining before Stephen Clemence grabbed the dramatic winner in stoppage time.

Megson added: "I think the chances that we had in the first half meant we were on top, but Forest really piled the pressure on in the second half.

"We kept going, but we got ourselves into a position where the game was slipping away. Then suddenly we started to play how we should do in those circumstances - with no conservatism.

"In the end we have managed to get a terrific result from a game that was going away from us."

The only sour note on the night was regarding James Wesolowski, who had limped out of the game during the first half.

Megson said: "James has been a credit during the short time that I have been here. He has got a heart as big as a bucket. He works hard and he certainly wouldn't go down if there was nothing wrong with him.

"He has pulled his hamstring and we will have to now assess how bad the damage actually is."

would have been qpr but we lost so it was today instead unless we had lost then he would have said he wasnt even in the ground. when we scored the winner he had to show his face so he could claim the win

Megson always said that this would be his first game. Lets give him a chance to show whether or not he will be a good Leicester manager. I have a feeling that some Leicester fans have decided they are against Megson whether he does a good job or not.

Megson always said that this would be his first game. Lets give him a chance to show whether or not he will be a good Leicester manager. I have a feeling that some Leicester fans have decided they are against Megson whether he does a good job or not.

Yes, you are absolutely right David.
But can I also make the point that this is an internet forum (not necessarily directing this at you BTW Davd)
talkingballs.co.uk has always been for me the internet equivalent of sitting in the pub talking shit with your mates. Whatever is said here has no affect on the team & is just a place where you can air your views, regardless of what your views may be, popular or not, it didn't used to matter.
Recently however people have been shot down in flames for daring to question anything that may be perceived as being in any slight way as being critical of the way the club is being run. Whether there is any truth in it or not.

Recently on this forum, if you dare offer any opinion that doesn't toe the Milan propaganda on how things are, you are instantly labelled as a bad fan and posters will try to convince you that they are better than you in all ways because you are not toeing the party line.

Anything that you post here is your own opinion and however insane it is, it is valid, it's your opinion after all.
There is a huge difference between offering to share your opinion on an internet forum & refusing to support your team whilst they are playing on the the pitch.

I just wish that some of the newer posters on talkingballs were able to make that separation. Unfortunately that isn't the case & it is to the detriment of the forum.

This is the longest post I have ever made in the history of talkingballls but I am really pissed off with the way some posters have been pathetically trying to belittle other posters for not having identical views to them.

To those posters suck my infected dick.
talkingballs is better than you.

This is the longest post I have ever made in the history of talkingballls but I am really pissed off with the way some posters have been pathetically trying to belittle other posters for not having identical views to them.

I think I'd rather have a balti pie ... but thanks all the same ... :icon_cool

I think I'd rather have a balti pie ... but thanks all the same ... :icon_cool

Me too!

Another option for the anti-copper knob brigade on why he was so inconspicuous on the touch line:

1) He had lost his voice (as someone else reported)
2) He is seen as the anti-christ to many at the Copse and probably wanted to keep a low profile after all of the trouble caused by the numpties on both sides after the last tie was abandoned
3) To ensure he did not detract from the sportmanship we showed by giving them a goal start (after all he was not here for the first tie)

Of course it could have been that he was really really scared of coming out of the dugout and hearing all those nasty things from the trees fans (and a fewe foxes). It could also be that he was that mardy at others deciding to give them a goal start that he decided to take his ball home and sulk.

Lets just get behind the man. Wasn't my first choice but he can get results at this level.

Singing Martin Allens name helps noone, as he is not coming back anytime soon. By all account MA was a bully not just with the players but with the whole club.

We talk about MM not given Allen enough time we gave Megson 80 mins and some people were chanting for his head.

Just go with the flow and you might be suprised, after all he is the first manager to win his first game in charge for 52 years and its was against f*****t. COME ON!!!

A rare act of genuine sportsmanship was on show at the City Ground this evening as Championship side Leicester gave Nottingham Forest a goal at the start of their cup tie.

City you are a credit to the name of football.:038::038:
What a great jesture, i am sure Clive Clarke was proud of the team for the fantastic come back to clinch victory right at the bitter end.
Well done to each and all for a true cup tie against the old foe.
Give credit where credit it is due , Forest were worthy opposition and can feel good about there teams performance.
Good luck to them for the rest of the season.

Actually Granite Fox he has got problems with his voice ... I listened to his pre-match interview on the BBC and he sounded like Bonnie Tyler ... very croaky from yelling instructions apparently ...

Well done Gary Megson....villified on saturday for poor substitutions costing us three points but last night managed to snatch victory from the jaws of the defeat and also had the decency to be involved in sportingly allowing Forest to take an unopposed lead, lets hope last night was an indication of what can be expected under Megson's leadership :038:

But can I also make the point that this is an internet forum (not necessarily directing this at you BTW Davd)
talkingballs.co.uk has always been for me the internet equivalent of sitting in the pub talking shit with your mates. Whatever is said here has no affect on the team & is just a place where you can air your views, regardless of what your views may be, popular or not, it didn't used to matter.
Recently however people have been shot down in flames for daring to question anything that may be perceived as being in any slight way as being critical of the way the club is being run. Whether there is any truth in it or not.

Recently on this forum, if you dare offer any opinion that doesn't toe the Milan propaganda on how things are, you are instantly labelled as a bad fan and posters will try to convince you that they are better than you in all ways because you are not toeing the party line.

Anything that you post here is your own opinion and however insane it is, it is valid, it's your opinion after all.
There is a huge difference between offering to share your opinion on an internet forum & refusing to support your team whilst they are playing on the the pitch.

I just wish that some of the newer posters on talkingballs were able to make that separation. Unfortunately that isn't the case & it is to the detriment of the forum.

:038::038::038:

I thought DJ was poor last night, he had no strength and was pushed around to easily. Thought Fryatt looked better when he came on, but was at the opposite end of the pitch so was difficult to see much. I think DJ will click at some point and come good, but it's all down to how long we can afford to give him.

Might be gone in Jan anyway!

im still undecided on megson, I thought his substitutions last night and sat were a little negative at the time ( why wasnt ferrara brought on instead of stearman?? was what i thought at the time! although not after he got the equalizer!).
BUT! at the end of it we won last night albeit right at the death and it didnt sound pretty for long periods, and had it been not for a 30YRD rocket on sat we would have won that too, so WHAT THE F**K DO I KNOW!:icon_bigg apart from i should stick to drilling holes and leave the running of the team to someone who may just know what there doing.
im hoping in the coming weeks he can proove that to me

Lets just get behind the man. Wasn't my first choice but he can get results at this level.

Singing Martin Allens name helps noone, as he is not coming back anytime soon. By all account MA was a bully not just with the players but with the whole club.

Agreed - as much as I was, and still am, a huge Martin Allen fan, the fans singing his name last night did nothing to help the team. I feel really sorry for Megson - he has to deal with his predecessor and his first team coach being infinitely more popular than he is. I'm not a massive fan of his, but we got to give the man a chance.

I'm pleased for him, I'm pleased for the players (despite the fact that they were woeful in the second half and deserved nothing out of the game), but most of all I'm pleased for me, because work for the next three days will be much more enjoyable than I thought it would be after 87 minutes yesterday.

Well said Macky, one of the best posts of the year. Apart from the infected dick bit, you should get some ointment for that.

The appointment of Megson does seem to have caused a big issue amongst a large percentage of TB'ers, and there is a lot of bile being spouted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669