Fowler to City?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Ian Marshal, Claridge, Speedie, Deane, Collymore... all simular ages to Fowler and did not do too bad!
I know you could throw a list back of failures too, but unless we (or Cardiff) sign him we will never know how hungry or sucessfull he will be in this league.
I know he is a bit of an arse, but think an even half interested Fowler would score goals and be a good addition to any championship team.

I was referring to players who have played for top teams coming to end their career here. No disrespect to Marshall, Clarridge and Deano but I wouldn't exactly put them in the same category as Fowler. Not too sure about Speedie, slightly before my time but I know we signed him from Blackburn who had just beat us in the play-offs so it was not like he was dropping down a league.

Collymore was only 29 when he played for us. ;)

Whats this 'coming towards the end of his career'!! He's 32, isnt N'gotty 37? Doesn't need the money, so obviously still wants to play, and could for a number of seasons if he wants.

Whats this 'coming towards the end of his career'!! He's 32, isnt N'gotty 37? Doesn't need the money, so obviously still wants to play, and could for a number of seasons if he wants.

I think he mentally came to the end of his career the first time he left Liverpool.

Wouldn't mind seeing him in a City shirt, although the prospect of signing Saganowski made me more excited.

N'Gotty's been lucky with injuries, Fowler hasn't- he's washed up and hasn't been the player he was for years, it's sad as he was great but City should steer clear.

I just wonder whether Fowler needs the right manager to motivate him. Kevin Blackwell and Psycho perhaps did not have the nouse to get the best from him. Don't know enough about your man to say if he'll light a fire under him, but I'm pretty sure if Jonesy can't, then no-one can.
:079:

I just wonder whether Fowler needs the right manager to motivate him. Kevin Blackwell and Psycho perhaps did not have the nouse to get the best from him. Don't know enough about your man to say if he'll light a fire under him, but I'm pretty sure if Jonesy can't, then no-one can.
:079:

When the fcuk did he ever manage Robbie Fowler?? :102: :081:

Last edited:
Blackwell took over when they went down..... (I think)

he has gone to Sydney for talks yes.

but it's utter bullsh*t to suggest a deal has been secured elsewhere.

I feel there is every chance he will sign for a Championship team.

:038:

The Campbell situation is confusing me.

We haven't signed Clemence yet because it may be a double transfer? :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675