Fowler to City?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would make about as much sense to sign him as Fowler.

Fowler is not going to make any serious contribution in our league. i still think he will finish up abroad (USA, maybe Australia) or possibly SPL. But his wages would be too costly by far for us; his presence would be divisive in the dressing room and I don't think he would make too many appearances nor score many goals.
how do you know.you tell me how you know for sure and i might start believing you.

You on drugs he will piss all over this league

Why would he? he was struggling badly last year even tho' he was apparantly desparate to play for Liverpool; he was a big disappointment at his previous club and I think that it is reasonable to assume that he would not be particularly motivated in our league.

You are clearly very upset - rather than I hope disturbed - but all the indications are that players like Fowler who have done it all find it difficult to be up for the sort of football he would be playing with us.

Of course my view is only an opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
But surely then Armagh needs to explain how he knows for sure that he will?
we know what fowler is capable of ( i know hes past his prime ) and he could just do a job for us. nobody knows his future unless yor a pshycic.so what im saying is if we can get him at the right deal, get him in, if it dont work out then he will go in the scrapbook with all the other duffers weve signed and done jack shit.

ill tell you a little story :icon_wink ive had 4 or 5 buisness's and a couple havent worked out, and when they dont you allways get some smart alek saying 'you should have done this or you should have done that' . these same people have never stuck there neck out and had a chance to fail.so i say give fowler a chance.

And me... Hay fever's really bad at the moment. :icon_wink

You know you just might be on to something...

I am just going for some neurofen.

I tried coke but it left my nose all black. :102:

2x bottles of Night Nurse & 1/2 a packet of Sudophed for me.

I've got to take it handy, I've work in the morning.

not getting my hopes up again after the saganowski thing-lets face it if hes going all the way to australia i think that signals his intentions...

Milan Mandaric has confirmed Leicester City are keen to sign Robbie Fowler, who has travelled to Australia for talks with Sydney FC.

The former England international is available on a free transfer after being released by Liverpool at the end of last season.

Cardiff City and Port Vale have both approached Fowler regarding a deal for the new campaign, with the 32-year-old considering his options.

Other clubs are also keen on the proven goal poacher, with Leicester now disclosing their interest in Fowler.

Foxes chairman Mandaric acknowledged talks have taken place and is hoping Fowler will choose his new club for football, rather than financial, reasons.

"Every club in the Championship would love to have Robbie Fowler and there is some dialogue going on," said Mandaric in the Daily Mirror.

"I hope he will choose the club with a good ambition and it is not only about the money."

But Mandaric may have to wait for further discussions after Fowler headed down under to negotiate terms with Sydney.

The A-League club want to make the forward their 'marquee' player and hope for a decision before he returns to England next Monday.

Obviously in-tent on signing him.

Sorry .... I'll get me coat:icon_lol:

I don't think he'l leave the country to play football IMO. He has a young family, and I just can't see him moving for what may only be a couple of seasons.

His agent has already ruled out a move to Scotland, Ok this may have been for realistic 1st team opportunites, but was there also another reason ??

The Observer say he's the wealthiest sportsman in Britain, and although this may be controllable from afar, I think personally he will want to be in the UK to oversee his business interests.

I don't think he'l leave the country to play football IMO. He has a young family, and I just can't see him moving for what may only be a couple of seasons.

His agent has already ruled out a move to Scotland, Ok this may have been for realistic 1st team opportunites, but was there also another reason ??

The Observer say he's the wealthiest sportsman in Britain, and although this may be controllable from afar, I think personally he will want to be in the UK to oversee his business interests.

So why bother going to oz to talk to Sydney if you are not interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669