Fowler to City?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why bother going to oz to talk to Sydney if you are not interested?

Maybe he feels obliged to see what they have to offer. Maybe he's the sort of person who is willing to listen to EVERY offer before he makes up his mind. I think most decent players would at least do that.

Maybe he feels obliged to see what they have to offer. Maybe he's the sort of person who is willing to listen to EVERY offer before he makes up his mind. I think most decent players would at least do that.

Long way to go if you are not serious though.

So why bother going to oz to talk to Sydney if you are not interested?

Out there now and to return Monday/Tuesday.
I imagine the call went something like this.....
Sydney FC > "G'day Bob. How d'ya fancy bringing the family to Oz for a couple of weeks or so to see if you like it. First class tickets, 5 star hotel, tickets to all the theme parks, shows etc. Hot and cold running Sheilas and gear. Maybe even have a few beers in the clubhouse if you've time."
Fowler >"Feck aye la"

Last edited:
I imagine the call went something like this.....
Sydney FC > "G'day Bob. How d'ya fancy bringing the family to Oz for a couple of weeks or so to see if you like it. First class tickets, 5 star hotel, tickets to all the theme parks, shows etc. Hot and cold running Sheilas and gear. Maybe even have a few beers in the clubhouse if you've time."
Fowler >"Feck aye la"

Like it, but with it only being a few days visit for somewhere as far as Oz it would seem to be a little more business like than that.

Sydney fav to get him IMO...... lets move on people.

I'll be suprised if he comes to us now, long way to go for a bit of sun and a beer! With pre season already started to go all the way to Oz shows his intentions IMO. Who can blame him really, nice place to play!

Shame but i hope MM/MA have DJ lined up ready.

I find this very strange. Its usually the club that sends people over for talks.

TBH, I could see a lower Prem team coming in for him, maybe even The Sheep!! Although whether Robbie will like to stay in the Prem is another thing, if it is first team football he is after, I doubt he will get it in the Prem as IMO he looked way out of his depth for 'Pool last term.

Honestly, I hope we don't sign him, I feel we have been down that route before (older player looking to finish his career) and it has never worked for us. Although I'm not wetting my pants in excitement about DJ, I would still prefer us to sign him than Fowler.

It worked with Ferdinand and Cottee.

Okay, it worked with Sir Les, but Cottee was different IMO, he was signed from Malaysia and he came back here to prove a point, he wages would have been nowhere near what Fowler will be on and that was when we were in the Prem!!

I'll let you have Sir Les but what about Dennis W!s*, Martin Keown and Dion Dublin?? 3 of the worst signings we have made in recent years!!!

IMO Fowler would be added to the list of 'failed oldies' almost immediately. Don't get me wrong though, I would love to be proved wrong and Fowler signs for us and bangs in 20 next seasons, but I just cannot see it happening!

Okay, it worked with Sir Les, but Cottee was different IMO, he was signed from Malaysia and he came back here to prove a point, he wages would have been nowhere near what Fowler will be on and that was when we were in the Prem!!

I'll let you have Sir Les but what about Dennis W!s*, Martin Keown and Dion Dublin?? 3 of the worst signings we have made in recent years!!!

IMO Fowler would be added to the list of 'failed oldies' almost immediately. Don't get me wrong though, I would love to be proved wrong and Fowler signs for us and bangs in 20 next seasons, but I just cannot see it happening!

What about Ian Marshal, Claridge, Speedie, Deane, Collymore... all simular ages to Fowler and did not do too bad!
I know you could throw a list back of failures too, but unless we (or Cardiff) sign him we will never know how hungry or sucessfull he will be in this league.
I know he is a bit of an arse, but think an even half interested Fowler would score goals and be a good addition to any championship team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669