Foxes Trust Register Complaint to Football League

Status
Not open for further replies.
In defense of the Foxes Trust, this is exactly what i would expect a supporters trust to do. The club are arousing suspiscion by withholding the information, and there are many fans who are concerned as a result.

Whether the information makes a difference or not, we won't know until it's revealed, but speculation and suspiscion could be more damaging for the club.

I'd like the trust to keep a consistent line, if owners have to be open why shouldn't the trust also open up to the wider fan base of the club, share details of trust officers and paid up membership, publish some accounts, let people who donated know what the trust is doing with the money that it received for the shares it sold .

I'm sick of this same argument over and over. What does it matter if there are one or a thousand members? They represent the views of the FT, not all supporters. Sometimes these views will be popular with most fans, sometimes they won't.

FT have more credibility than the likes of Cliff Ginetta or Lance Tomlyn or Birchenall or Glen Stewart or 'fans committees' or anyone else that has been referred to as the voice of the fans over recent years.

The club has many thousands of supporters who will hold different views on all sorts of things. It is likely that no two of us will agree on everything. Why berate each other when ultimately they are only doing something that 'some' supporters agree with? Leave them alone.

Excuse me?

They put themselves in the public domain, therefore they should be accountable for any actions that they take, whether they purport to take them on their own behalf or those of all City fans (something that they have claimed in the past). It is perfectly reasonable to question the actions that they do or do not take.

Similarly, the Trust should be questioned on its agenda and its membership. Any organisation should be. It's no different to the Trust questioning City about the identity of the third member of the consortium.

I'd like the trust to keep a consistent line, if owners have to be open why shouldn't the trust also open up to the wider fan base of the club, share details of trust officers and paid up membership, publish some accounts, let people who donated know what the trust is doing with the money that it received for the shares it sold .

I fully agree, especially as much of the money was donated by that wider fan base and not by people who are or ever were members of the Trust.

I would like to know who it is but its not going to make difference to how we support out club once we do.
If it someone who has a dodgy background what can we do about it?
I know I wouldnt stop going! Look at Man U, their fans hate the owners and many wear the green and yellow scarfs yet they still continue to go to the games paying money to the Glaziers. There is very little we as supporters can do. The Foxes Trust will alienate the club with actions like this and will get no support from any future owners should they wish to collect our money to buy a place on the board.

Look at FC United of Manchester. Look at AFC Wimbledon. It's clear that not everybody feels the same way about their support as you do.

Some people have principles and do not pay money to the Glaziers and their ilk. Many of the people who do pay money to the Glaziers are not football fans in the sense that many of us understand; they are there for the occasion; they buy packages which include travel, hotel and match tickets - this is what ManYoo is now about - it is not football as we know it. If that's OK with you, I'm very happy for you.

:018: I'm a lady; I don't fart.

I must have been blocking your way then - and for that I apologise.

Phew! I'm glad I didn't ask her if I was blocking her passage.

Checking back, the sale was "confirmed" three months ago, so the FT's (or any other individual or group's) request is wholly reasonable IMO.

From the press release

We are requesting that the Football League applies pressure on our club to inform its supporters and not let the new transparency rules be watered down

is a model of restraint to what I'd be saying to the MOF and Greg Clarke, who in his latest interview is coming over as Mr Probity - perhaps just not where it concerns LCFC?

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...all_League_chairman__The_exclusive_interview/

What will happen if the Football league pat the FT on the back for pointing out the horrid crime this club has done...... and then deduct 10 ****ing points of us?

What will happen if the Football league pat the FT on the back for pointing out the horrid crime this club has done...... and then deduct 10 ****ing points of us?

They won't

The club aren't obliged to disclose these details until April - they have been encouraged to comply with the 'spirit' of the new regs by disclosing now, but as it stands they haven't broken any rules at all

They won't

The club aren't obliged to disclose these details until April - they have been encouraged to comply with the 'spirit' of the new regs by disclosing now, but as it stands they haven't broken any rules at all

didn't know that. interesting

FT have more credibility than the likes of Cliff Ginetta or Lance Tomlyn or Birchenall or Glen Stewart or 'fans committees' or anyone else that has been referred to as the voice of the fans over recent years.

Don't forget Andy from Long Eaton.

I would like to know who it is but its not going to make difference to how we support out club once we do.

You are using the royal 'we' there. There are certainly circumstances that my wild imagination can perceive that would make me question whether or not I continued to spend my money with LCFC or even support the club.

They won't

I know they wont, but they could change the rules just to butt **** us. We all know the League dont like us.

They won't

So where is the problem? The FT really are shite bags.

Important things like where did the VAT money go to and **** all is done about that. Simple maths and that shows a LOT of money they trousered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69