Fryatt in talks with Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Matty Fryatt

SSN are saying that SGE has confirmed that the club is in talks with Hull regarding the transfer of Fryatt.

SSN are saying that SGE has confirmed that the club is in talks with Hull regarding the transfer of Fryatt.

YES! Gerr him OUT! Early Xmas present. Now let's just twat Leeds 6-0 to complete a merry Xmas!

If Fryatt leaves, I will cut off my penis using a 1961 cup final match program and send it, the penis, not the program, first class to Kim Jong Il as a symbol of the emasculation of our football team by his hate filled countrymen. This is a deliberate ploy by foreign subversives to embarrass the city of Leicester by investing badly in our club and stripping it of it's prize assets. We cannot allow this.

Can someone send me a 1961 cup final match program. I'm on A-wing....for now. I have plans.

There is one sense in which Fryatt leaving is similar to Holloway leaving.

Both divided opinion among Leicester supporters. As with Holloway success or failure at another club will prove which group of supporters judged him correctly.

There was talk not long ago of Fryatt going for £3-4 million. I doubt very much whether we would ever have got that. However, I would guess that if Hull are not willing to pay a substantial amount of money that other clubs will. After all Pearson clearly rated Matty much higher than he rated DJ.

There is one sense where skydiving naked without a parachute is just like playing chess with a Catholic priest.

By the time you hit the ground you're f*ck3d.

If he goes, he goes. I'm a big fan of his and think he has done an excellent job here and hope he does well with his career, but no point keeping a player when he he's hardly getting a look in.

Delighted to see yet another thread about Matty Fryatt. I'm assuming that this is also tired, hackneyed repetitive drivel, just like the last thread. Or are we allowed to talk about him now?

Delighted to see yet another thread about Matty Fryatt. I'm assuming that this is also tired, hackneyed repetitive drivel, just like the last thread. Or are we allowed to talk about him now?

This one is here to talk about the fact that he is in talks with Hull. He has not previously been in talks with Hull so this thread is different, as it's based on real news.

Fryatt has done a decent job for the club on the whole. However I can't recall a more frustrating player. He is so erratic and confidence and contract driven.

I have little doubt that he will go to Hull and start scoring almost immediately. There will then be some soul searching this end about the sense in selling to a rival. Meanwhile in Hull they will think NP has pulled off a masterstroke getting a future top striker on the cheap.

However I'm certain that over time he will revert back to the figure we've got used to. An injury or bad time will lead to a huge drop in form, his belly will expand and he'll become a pointless name on the squad list until his contract is close to expiry. Then the whole cycle will start again. I will always picture his look of total disinterest when entering the game at Ipswich as a substitute on Saturday.

Fryatt is a bizarre modern player who will never make it at the top level. He is undoubtedly talented though.

There is one sense in which Fryatt leaving is similar to Holloway leaving.

Both divided opinion among Leicester supporters. As with Holloway success or failure at another club will prove which group of supporters judged him correctly.

There was talk not long ago of Fryatt going for £3-4 million. I doubt very much whether we would ever have got that. However, I would guess that if Hull are not willing to pay a substantial amount of money that other clubs will. After all Pearson clearly rated Matty much higher than he rated DJ.

What a load of bollocks.
It doesn't matter what he does elsewhere, as Leicester fans we can ONLY judge him on his time here, and let's face it, that was a total disaster.

He could take over England and somehow get them to win the World Cup, won't change one iota that his decision making played a huge part in getting us relegated to the third tier.

I don't care much if he's a great bloke away from football, as a Leicester fan I won't forgive him for that season. After that I couldn't give a monkeys.

Last edited:
Fryatt has done a decent job for the club on the whole. However I can't recall a more frustrating player. He is so erratic and confidence and contract driven.

I have little doubt that he will go to Hull and start scoring almost immediately. There will then be some soul searching this end about the sense in selling to a rival. Meanwhile in Hull they will think NP has pulled off a masterstroke getting a future top striker on the cheap.

However I'm certain that over time he will revert back to the figure we've got used to. An injury or bad time will lead to a huge drop in form, his belly will expand and he'll become a pointless name on the squad list until his contract is close to expiry. Then the whole cycle will start again. I will always picture his look of total disinterest when entering the game at Ipswich as a substitute on Saturday.

Fryatt is a bizarre modern player who will never make it at the top level. He is undoubtedly talented though.

Spot on

What a load of bollocks.
It doesn't matter what he does elsewhere, as Leicester fans we can ONLY judge him on his time here, and let's face it, that was a total disaster.

He could take over England and somehow get them to win the World Cup, won't change one iota that his decision making played a huge part in getting us relegated to the third tier.

I don't care much if he's a great bloke away from football, as a Leicester fan I won't forgive him for that season. After that I couldn't give a monkeys.

There was me hoping everyone had managed to ignore that bit. Agree with what you say, just wish the same bollocks wouldn't keep cropping up.

As with Holloway success or failure at another club will prove which group of supporters judged him correctly.
"I was right, you were wrong" says David. Well, with respect, no you weren't. Holloway was an awful choice from the start. He'd achieved nothing - nothing at all - at other clubs, and came across as far more interested in idiotic soundbites than actually managing a football club. And he got steadily worse. He signed some offensively poor footballers and deployed some bizarre tactics. Fair enough, he's learned something in his time off, and now he's doing well. Well done IH.

Anyway, back on topic. I'm a fan of Matty's, but he's not getting on the pitch as much as a player of his standard would want. His old manager, under whom he played with more confidence than ever before or since, wants him back. It's a no-brainer.

Will be disappointed to see him go, I think he is a much better player than demonstrated this season. But as BM says for him it is a no-brainer....shame for him if NP doesn't last the season at Hull though!

We all move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670