Fryatt in talks with Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one is here to talk about the fact that he is in talks with Hull. He has not previously been in talks with Hull so this thread is different, as it's based on real news.

Yes, that makes sense. However, I still don't quite understand why a thread about Fryatt - previously considered to have no future - suddenly appearing to have a future at the club is any less relevant than this thread which, if I'm right, is about him having no future here after all.

I still don't quite understand why a thread about Fryatt - previously considered to have no future - suddenly appearing to have a future at the club is any less relevant than this thread which, if I'm right, is about him having no future here after all.

I think some people thought the subject had been discussed so often it was pointless discussing it again. I'm not sure why those people can't just use the forum's ignore thread function though.

It then became more relevant because it's news that he's talking with Hull. Real news is generally more relevant than idle speculation.

Yes, that makes sense. However, I still don't quite understand why a thread about Fryatt - previously considered to have no future - suddenly appearing to have a future at the club is any less relevant than this thread which, if I'm right, is about him having no future here after all.

I think you're another example of somebody that mistakenly thinks that every other poster on this site is one single entity.

I'm not sure why those people can't just use the forum's ignore thread function though.

My thoughts precisely.

And by the way, no I don't think you're all one single entity. Over time I've read enough posts to understand that some of you are far more banal than others. I've got no doubt whatsoever that some of you are truly beautiful people and that Santa's sack will be bulging for you tonight.

Re: Matty Fryatt

What a load of bollocks.
It doesn't matter what he does elsewhere, as Leicester fans we can ONLY judge him on his time here, and let's face it, that was a total disaster.

He could take over England and somehow get them to win the World Cup, won't change one iota that his decision making played a huge part in getting us relegated to the third tier.

I don't care much if he's a great bloke away from football, as a Leicester fan I won't forgive him for that season. After that I couldn't give a monkeys.

Great, Beaumont. I deliberately put in that sentence to get your reaction.
Merry Christmas. :)

We should also throw in that ignorant **** Morrison. Useless twat would fit in well at Hull.

Buy one get one free.

Agree on one point BG. That being that Morrison should leave but can't understand your other comments about him.

Morrison is well out of the picture now and unlikely to feature for the club again but he did well last season (although sometimes looked suspect with balls over the top), but he will be a good right back in league one or lower championship sides and I hope he goes on to better things. He is a player who deserves to be playing regularly.

What's worrying me on a larger scale is Sven seems to be bringing in loans and older players which is surely not good for the long term future of the club? I would say it's not as if it's necessarily paying off either..

I'm absolutely certain that this is because these are the only players he can bring in outside of the transfer window. He's trying to improve the squad in the only way he can outside of the window - by loans and free transfers.

I wouldn't worry on a large scale just yet...

Great, Beaumont. I deliberately put in that sentence to get your reaction.
Merry Christmas. :)

I'm sure you did.
Doesn't change the fact you constantly give that man the benefit of the doubt when it comes to that season yet for anyone who went more than a handful of the games
he was in charge for, could tell he hadn't got a fecking clue and was making things worse.

I could see that inside the first few games!(But then I never wanted him cos I thought he was the wrong man for this job- tbh I'm not happy my misgivings were proven right)

Oh and a Merry Christmas to you as well!:icon_lol:

I'm absolutely certain that this is because these are the only players he can bring in outside of the transfer window. He's trying to improve the squad in the only way he can outside of the window - by loans and free transfers.

I wouldn't worry on a large scale just yet...

I guess the real test will be what happens in the transfer window. He's bought some good players in on loan but playing them ahead of our own players is a bit of a risky strategy IMO. Don't forget the likes of Fryatt, Hobbs, Morrison etc have proven they can do well at this level before.

Don't forget the likes of Fryatt, Hobbs, Morrison etc have proven they can do well at this level before.

You can't live off past glories. They haven't proved they can still do it IMO.

Last edited:
You can't live off past glories. They haven't proved they can still do it IMO.

Even Beckenbauer became only as good as his last game. :icon_wink

Sven said he'd be surprised to see Fryatt wearing a Leicester City shirt again.
(He means to play for the first team again, you pedantic tossers)

Not too bothered if Fryatt goes to Hull. Interesting how one manager, Pearson, can produce totally different sentiments from players who played for him.

Fryatt was obviously made to feel special whereas Gradel felt pushed out.

Of the two, I'd rather have kept Gradel any day.

Fryatt definitely has talent as demonstrated in the half season under Kelly, and the season and a half under Pearson, however he also seems to have an attitude and confidence issue when things aren't quite going his way. He is the type of player who will always divide opinion, personally I think he will do well at Hull and score goals for them but I think the time is right to let him move on and allow Sven to mould his own team with players committed to both him and the club.

Fryatt definitely has talent as demonstrated in the half season under Kelly, and the season and a half under Pearson, however he also seems to have an attitude and confidence issue when things aren't quite going his way. He is the type of player who will always divide opinion, personally I think he will do well at Hull and score goals for them but I think the time is right to let him move on and allow Sven to mould his own team with players committed to both him and the club.

:038:
Ture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673