Fryatt ....will he stay ?

Fryatt in the January transfer window.......staying or going?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am 100% with you Newts.

I've heard from a good source today that Fryatt will sign a contract with us, but only stay till the end of the season.
He will do us a favour by helping us get promoted, and allowing us to sell him for a higher transfer value. He then gets to opt out the new contract with the freedom to go where he likes.

Indeed your spot on :038::038::038:

forgot to say he gets a very nice pay rise to go with it.

Last edited:
I am 100% with you Newts.

I've heard from a good source today that Fryatt will sign a contract with us, but only stay till the end of the season.
He will do us a favour by helping us get promoted, and allowing us to sell him for a higher transfer value. He then gets to opt out the new contract with the freedom to go where he likes.

Well he's an idiot then!!! Any money a club has to pay us is money he could have got extra in his wages. For that reason I don't get it... his agent would never advise something like that.

I think hed be mad to leave for any club that isn't either in the premiership or in with a good chance of getting there next year to be honest. And I can't see why a club that is in one of those positions would be interested ina striker that hasn't been able to prove himself at even Championship level yet.

It will be disappointing if he leaves but I think we need to atleast keep the core of the squad together until the end of the season and just see where we are at then.

Why would he have to sign a new contract to stay until summer?

Because the contract will be a new extended deal. Obviously the closer a player nears the end of his contract, his transfer value will decline sharply with it. A new contract would benefit both the club and the player. Fryatt will get his move and City wont after accept peanuts for his departure.

Is that what wolves offered?

Because the contract will be a new extended deal. Obviously the closer a player nears the end of his contract, his transfer value will decline sharply with it. A new contract would benefit both the club and the player. Fryatt will get his move and City wont after accept peanuts for his departure.

Interesting points, BB.
I guess a transfer value, come the summer, must be written in/agreed as part of the new extended deal then..?

So basically then Fryatt and agent have insisted on having a release clause written into any contract. This figure could be bid in January but/or the clause won't begin until the Summer or maybe promotion dependent? Thus leaving Citeh in the shitter either way.

Last edited:
Interesting points, BB.
I guess a transfer value, come the summer, must be written in/agreed as part of the new extended deal then..?

I wouldnt like to put an agreed figure on it, but imo city could get somewhere near £1.5 to £2M more than a January transfer.
Even If Fryatt didnt have a great second half of a season, his goal tally should still be 30+.
The fact that he is young & English all helps to bolster his value.

Thats the grey area. Fryatt basically holds all the cards from now onwards.

He always did, since he got his confidence back and became the player some of us knew he always could be. Pace isn't the mark of a striker, it's immediate acceleration rather than speed, instant ball control, positional play, eye for the angle of goal, and two good feet. DJ doesn't have any of that. He's useless.

Fryatt's a good lad - on the pitch, :) A bit bad off it. :) So they say........

I wouldnt like to put an agreed figure on it, but imo city could get somewhere near £1.5 to £2M more than a January transfer.
Even If Fryatt didnt have a great second half of a season, his goal tally should still be 30+.
The fact that he is young & English all helps to bolster his value.

This is nonsense, it doesn't make sense!! Why would Fryatt sign the extension just to give us a bigger profit on him?? He doesn't owe us anything, that £1.5m/£2m is money that he could have got in extra wages by moving on an (almost) free in the summer???

The only way this would happen would be for him and his agent to insist on a £500k ish buy out clause. If he signs he can then leave in the summer for around the same fee a tribunal would set, plus he is covered by the contract should get a long term injury.

BUT... that kind of contract offers nothing to Leicester so there would be no point in us agreeing to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669