Fryatt ....will he stay ?

Fryatt in the January transfer window.......staying or going?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if he signs, he can still leave the club if a good bid comes in and the club accepts it, its pain simple,

if he signs he can go back to playing poor like he did for the last two seasons knowing he is one of the better paid players at the club

HE'S STAYING.(from two contacts ),bad news though it mite only be till the end of the season .

Well he's hardly going to be leaving in January is he? He's contracted till the end of the season and even MM wouldn't be daft enough to sell him in January, especially seeing as we will get compo at the end of the season.

The reports in the press suggest he doesn't want to sign a new contract, and Leicester don't want him to leave. So the most likely outcome is that he'll leave in the summer. You don't need inside info to work that out.

Perhaps Newts was blinded by the light shining off Ian Dowie's head. :icon_wink

Perhaps what newts is saying without saying, is that Fryatt will stay in January but will have an agreement that he can leave if we fail to gain promotion.

Perhaps what newts is saying without saying, is that Fryatt will stay in January but will have an agreement that he can leave if we fail to gain promotion.

He won't be able to leave in January unless we let him. So there's no need for an 'agreement' to make him stay in January.

He'll be able to leave in the summer whether we like it or not, so an 'agreement' that he can leave if we don't go up would be a waste of time.

Fryatt is in a strong position and he doesn't need to make a decision until the summer. The only thing that will make him make a decision before then is if we make him an offer he can't refuse.

Fryatt would be mad to leave prior to summer. Fact.

Unless he was offered more money and the chance to play at a club that would offer him more chance of footballing success?

Very true Alex. Mad with a capital M. M for Matty Fryatt. M for massive gambling debts. M for mature lady looking for well hung stud. Mad.

Or perhaps Fryatt would be young, ambitious and hungry for lots of cash to leave prior to the summer. Perhaps he'll join Hume on the fast train to success at Barnsley.

you'll see what i am saying when it all come out .

I am 100% with you Newts.

I've heard from a good source today that Fryatt will sign a contract with us, but only stay till the end of the season.
He will do us a favour by helping us get promoted, and allowing us to sell him for a higher transfer value. He then gets to opt out the new contract with the freedom to go where he likes.

I've just heard from a good source* that he's definitely going in the summer but will see out his contract for the remainder of the season.

* I completely made this up. But it's got as much chance of being true as any of the other shots in the dark on this thread...

Interesting article from Steve Claridge in the Guardian last November.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/nov/06/newsstory.leicestercity

Confidence, coaching and consistency,that's the real difference in Fryatt's game.

How much better are all of us in our jobs with improved self-confidence, good management and stability?

And I think he'll stay until the end of the season. More money in the interim period and a perfect opportunity, if his form continues, to put himself in the shop window for an offer from a higher level.

Why would he leave now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670