Fryatt ....will he stay ?

Fryatt in the January transfer window.......staying or going?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that is relevant is the fact that MF's current motivation and form may have something to do with the fact that he is out of contract in the summer. As a result, irrespective of where he ends up, he is playing for his immediate future.

He wouldn't be the first player to get a new contract and then settle back down into a lazy arsed comfort zone. The self same zone he'd been in for the previous two years.

Why the hurry with the contract business all of a sudden? The current situation is delivering results and he cannot leave before the end of the season or for nothing. Unless he's demanding a new contract now or he's off, I'd leave it a few months before getting around to doing a deal.

but he can start negotiating with other clubs in january so the sooner we tie him up to a new contract the better imo thats if he wants to stay of course

One thing that is relevant is the fact that MF's current motivation and form may have something to do with the fact that he is out of contract in the summer. As a result, irrespective of where he ends up, he is playing for his immediate future.

He wouldn't be the first player to get a new contract and then settle back down into a lazy arsed comfort zone. The self same zone he'd been in for the previous two years.

Why the hurry with the contract business all of a sudden? The current situation is delivering results and he cannot leave before the end of the season or for nothing. Unless he's demanding a new contract now or he's off, I'd leave it a few months before getting around to doing a deal.

I really can't see what else the guy can do to earn a new contract. He has been off form for the last two seasons, and I'm not going to make any excuses. However 20+ goals before Christmas is absolutely fantastic, and to let a striker go now or at the end of the season on 35+ goals would be stupidity of the highest order. He has us over a barrel, but it's not a bad barrel to be over.

but he can start negotiating with other clubs in january so the sooner we tie him up to a new contract the better imo thats if he wants to stay of course

From what others have been saying he can only negotiate from Jan with clubs outside England. English clubs can only do it a month to 6 weeks before his contract expires. I thought the same as you!!

From what others have been saying he can only negotiate from Jan with clubs outside England. English clubs can only do it a month to 6 weeks before his contract expires. I thought the same as you!!

oh right you learn something new everyday :102::)

I really can't see what else the guy can do to earn a new contract. He has been off form for the last two seasons, and I'm not going to make any excuses. However 20+ goals before Christmas is absolutely fantastic, and to let a striker go now or at the end of the season on 35+ goals would be stupidity of the highest order. He has us over a barrel, but it's not a bad barrel to be over.

I take your point and agree that he's on fire at the moment. However, the fact is that his form is happening within the current contractual situation. Who is to say that resolving the contract position will result in no change to his form?

All things being equal and baring in mind his history with us, I'd keep things exactly as they are for as long as is viable. He isn't gonig to sign for anyone else until May at the earliest (unless we want to sell him).

NP doesn't sound like he's in any hurry with this. Mad Mandy has popped up today with his stereotypical media whoring nonsense.

Mad Mandy has popped up today with his stereotypical media whoring nonsense.

MM has popped up today to say exactly what he thinks the fans want him to say.

I take your point and agree that he's on fire at the moment. However, the fact is that his form is happening within the current contractual situation. Who is to say that resolving the contract position will result in no change to his form?

All things being equal and baring in mind his history with us, I'd keep things exactly as they are for as long as is viable. He isn't gonig to sign for anyone else until May at the earliest (unless we want to sell him).

NP doesn't sound like he's in any hurry with this. Mad Mandy has popped up today with his stereotypical media whoring nonsense.

Or it's to try to stop the constant discussions on Radio Leicester (it was embarassing listening to the post match on Saturday) and the regular "input" from fans groups in the Mercury. Despite previous activity, I don't think we can accuse MM of media whoring this season.

There is nothing to stop a new contract affecting his form, but there is nothing to stop the uncertainty of next season affecting his form either. Why risk losing him if we have the option of keeping him based on current form?

i agree why would any player want to leave lcfc :102:

What could he be thinking??? It's bizarre.
How could he think about leaving behind all the glitz & glamour of City and the thriving metropolis that is Leicester?

So Milan has come out today and said talkings are going to happen over the next few days, yet you know he is going to sign before talks are held? :icon_conf

Talks have been ongoing for a while. How dare you question Newts, he is a valued and reliable sauce.

So Milan has come out today and said talkings are going to happen over the next few days, yet you know he is going to sign before talks are held? :icon_conf

He is guessing again. Lets not forget that Mattock should have been gone by now......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669