Fryatt ....will he stay ?

Fryatt in the January transfer window.......staying or going?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the same bloke who told the Daily Star we'd signed Wilcox for £4 million from Leeds about 7 years ago, a story which they went on and printed as fact despite neither the player nor the club ever having even suggested let alone confirmed it? I love unfounded rumours me :icon_bigg

Thats exactly what it is mate - an unfounded rumour. But dont you love em? it gets us talking about em!

personally i'd like us to keep fryatt and get him to sign a contract but i believe what Singth said was true. He hasn't been as popular down here as much as i thought he would and i think the criticism has affected his decision on staying within the club.

When is his contract up?

Thats exactly what it is mate - an unfounded rumour. But dont you love em? it gets us talking about em!

I'd like to start another one, so let's go with:

Spencer Prior is heading a consortium to buy out City. He's planning to bring in Neil Lewis as chairman, Julian Watts as manager, Jamie Lawrence as Director of Football and Franck Rolling as first team coach or assistant manager.

Will always score goals in League 1, but will always struggle in the Championship and above.

I agree his best chance of playing in the championship is to stay here. But it wont take Pearson long to work out that he aint up to it, especially if he plays like he did last season

So, No one will want him in the championship so he will stay with us

I hope he stays.

I think Fryatt is a good player, and can cut it in the Championship. When he first signed for us, Fryatt and Hume had a good partnership going on and I could never understand why we didn't put them back together last season.

More importantly for now though is that Fryatt is scoring goals in this league... no one else is getting many, and I'd be worried about finding a replacement for him in January. Must keep him I think

He looked the business in his first half-season, and that was a division up. He looked good enough that me and two others (think one might have been the boy Sharapova) put money on him being division top-scorer the following season :D

At Walsall he was one of the most highly-rated young players in the country. It takes a few years of under-achievement to lose that sort of regard.

He may have lost his way somewhat but it is too soon to write him off as not good enough for the Championship. It's certainly not something Championship managers will be doing.

I agree with the posters who say we'd have a job replacing him if he left in January. I'd rather we lost him for nothing at the end of the season in fact.

I hope he stays.

I think Fryatt is a good player, and can cut it in the Championship. When he first signed for us, Fryatt and Hume had a good partnership going on and I could never understand why we didn't put them back together last season.

More importantly for now though is that Fryatt is scoring goals in this league... no one else is getting many, and I'd be worried about finding a replacement for him in January. Must keep him I think

I cannot believe that any leicester fan would not want him to stay. When was the last time we had a 30 goal + forward in any division?

Regardless of who we bring in during January, we need to keep our better players. He deserves a decence offer of a contract extension and he deserves support from the terraces.

I would like Fryatt to stay but i fear that he is playing so well just to win a contract and might turn into his same ole fatty Fryatt, or he is playing this good just win a contract at another club either way i hope i am wrong and he continues to play this well and his rewarded with a new contract, i must say deserves it so far his form this season has been outstanding

I would like Fryatt to stay but i fear that he is playing so well just to win a contract and might turn into his same ole fatty Fryatt, or he is playing this good just win a contract at another club either way i hope i am wrong and he continues to play this well and his rewarded with a new contract, i must say deserves it so far his form this season has been outstanding

I was under the impression that his goal tally is okay, but that his overall form has been a long way from 'outstanding'.

I was under the impression that his goal tally is okay, but that his overall form has been a long way from 'outstanding'.

His goal tally is more than OK, it is one of the best in the country. And is that not, at least, good form?

Last edited:
From the whispers i've got from within the city, its true he's off to Wolves but not sure weather it is in jan or at the end of the season. The replacement lined up is Ricky Lambert for 500k and then if that falls through its Mackail-Smith from the posh. lambert is keen to come here though apprently

Again this is from a friend of a friend of someone that has contacts within the club. Take it as you see it for now. i'm always sceptical but i do think this one might be true this time and he told me nigel pearson was the man lined up 3 days before he was appointed so he has some knowledge down there, but he also told me howard had been sold to norwich before the start of the season too and he got that wrong.

Would be a shame - Lambert and Fryatt would be a brilliant partnership at this level and probably in the Championship too. I definitely think we should keep him until the summer either way though. He would only fetch a nominal fee in January and where would we get a replacement of the same quality for a similar fee? We're better using his goals to go up, if a Premiership team want him in the summer they can have him, but we should be able to match any club in the Championship for wages. If he wants out due to the booboys, there won't be much we can do - but a season of success can do funny things to crowds and players.

I agree his best chance of playing in the championship is to stay here. But it wont take Pearson long to work out that he aint up to it, especially if he plays like he did last season

So, No one will want him in the championship so he will stay with us

If he isn't up to it then I don't know another striker on the books who is.

The reality is that Fryatt has us over a barrel. The sheer weight of his goals and his fast expiring contract is bound to attract offers In January from clubs who have immediate targets this season.

I tend to believe the Wolves deal scenario because it makes sense - and irrespective of his limitations (lack of pace etc) goal scorers are hard to come by and you can never have enough of them when like us and Wolves you are playing 46 league games in a season.

If we lose him then it looks to me like we are damaged as far as our promotion hopes are concerned. Of course, we may be able to bring in a decent replacement but i think the odds are against them matching Fryatt's goal ratio for this season.

If we lose him then it looks to me like we are damaged as far as our promotion hopes are concerned. Of course, we may be able to bring in a decent replacement but i think the odds are against them matching Fryatt's goal ratio for this season.

Just like when Hummmeeee left, how would we ever survive? :102:

I'm sure NP and co are one step ahead of us, if/when MF goes, I'm sure a replacement would be found. ( Might even be on our doorstep already:icon_wink)

His goal tally is more than OK, it is one of the best in the country. And is that not, at least, good form?

No. That's his goal tally, not his overall form.

If his form were 'outstanding', then his goal tally would be at least double what it currently is

Last edited:

I'm sure NP and co are one step ahead of us, if/when MF goes, I'm sure a replacement would be found. ( Might even be on our doorstep already:icon_wink)

Hume left at the end of the season after we were relegated,there were bound to be departures.It's alittle different losing your Top Goalscorer (by some way) halfway through the season.If anybody thinks Fryatt leaving in January doesn't harm our promotion chances then they are living the land of clouds and cuckoos IMO

No. That's his goal tally, not his overall form.

If his form were 'outstanding', then his goal tally would be at least double what it currently is

His goal tally is 16 in 18 games which is good form in anybody's books.

As far as I can remember, Hume wasn't scoring goals for fun.

As far as finding a replacement is concerned - it's probably wishful thinking in my opinion.

Fryatt is a million miles away from being the best striker that this club has ever had, but I think it most unlikely that NP would be able to bring in a more prolific scorer in January - firstly because we ain't going to get that much of a fee for Fryatt given that his contract is all but expired and secondly because other clubs won't want to lose a decent striker at that stage of the season and thirdly such players will be reluctant to join a third division club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669