Fryatt ....will he stay ?

Fryatt in the January transfer window.......staying or going?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im slightly surprised by your last paragraph, you are constantly berating people that openly support our team in the JPT, accusing them of accepting city at an level that belies where the club belong. Yet when a poster says that we ought to be aiming to challenge the top half of the championship, i must be jesting.

I have great admiration for those people that trekked all over the country to watch us play in the JPT - but I maintain that the competition is a waste of space for City at the best and a negative at worst on the basis that we are already playing too many games for our own good. You will have noticed that we seem to have been playing twice a week more often than not and we simply don't have strength in depth.

I agree that Leicester City ought to be aiming for a place near the top of the championship, but suspect that we would struggle in that division with our current playing strength and can ill afford to lose Fryatt whose confidence in that division would be boosted by his current goals tally.

Don't get me wrong - I think that Pearson is doing an exceptional job in turning round a long term losing team and I also realise that ultimately Fryatt will make up his own mind based on self -interest not the views of TB's.

Last edited by a moderator:
BN you are a comedian, a very funny man.

I didn't realise there was a wanker of the week competition....:038:

I base my opinion on the much better runs Campbell made, the layoffs, the better first touch, the excellent chest pass putting Fryatt in on goal, his sharpness and pace. All were head and shoulders better than Fryatt and Howard on the night.

That said, he was one of 3 players to balls up contributing to their goal (plus Morrison and Martin).

No idea what you saw. But that was my view.

Yes, we can all rest easy now:

'Tomlyn said he would have liked Fryatt to say he was desperate to stay at City, but added: "I think, like every player, he will see what options are out there.'

I wish I had that sort of insight. Fancy, who would have thought that a professional footballer coming to the end of his contract would be considering his options. Is it possible that these players have an agent who gets a nice little earner for advising on such matters......and even helping to facilitate such options. I wonder if these agents have the phone numbers of different football clubs etc ?

Yes, we can all rest easy now:

'Tomlyn said he would have liked Fryatt to say he was desperate to stay at City, but added: "I think, like every player, he will see what options are out there.'

I wish I had that sort of insight. Fancy, who would have thought that a professional footballer coming to the end of his contract would be considering his options. Is it possible that these players have an agent who gets a nice little earner for advising on such matters......and even helping to facilitate such options. I wonder if these agents have the phone numbers of different football clubs etc ?

You might be onto something there. Tomlyn must be a GENIUS!

As part of his injury prevention he may have been assigned a senior nurse to look after him.....thus he may now have a sister.

And so you see, Singth may not be the cad and despicable lowlife spreading unsubstantiated internet rumour to gain kudos on the internet because he lacks the social skills to make meaningful relationships with real human beings, he may well be correct.

I know who i believe and i await to proven wrong. I think Fryatt will stay and I'm glad that he will. He's the best target man we've had since Jamie Lawrence.

maybe reading will be in for him. they'll lose doyle to villa in january and have lita off at norwich out of favour. he'd suit there sort of passing football. birmingham are looking for a striker too. i'd imagine it will be one of the top three clubs. or Forest!

I wonder what his transfer value would be:102:

If he had more than 8 months to run i'd say £2-£2.5m. That's going off recent'ish transfers of lower league strikers... Varney, McLeod, Sharpe, Eastwood etc who were mostly in that range.

With 8 months to go £1.2m would be a very generous offer IMO, especially for a someone who couldn't score in the championship for us.

I'd rather keep him till the end of the season and let him go for free, rather than selling him for peanuts in January and not getting promoted.

I'd rather keep him till the end of the season and let him go for free, rather than selling him for peanuts in January and not getting promoted.

It's a simple case of economics - the financial reward of getting back into the Championship is far greater than any transfer fee we could hope to get for him in the January window.

Again, he won't be going for free because he's 22. You're right, it makes more sense to keep hold of him until the season's out. We might as well use him for his goals because either way we'll get something for him when he goes.

It's a simple case of economics - the financial reward of getting back into the Championship is far greater than any transfer fee we could hope to get for him in the January window.

What exactly would that reward be apart from the chance to get into the Prem if we could afford some decent players?

Gates might increase by a few thousand, say extra £250,000 over the season.

How much extra for TV?

Is there anything else? Would we necessarily sell more shirts?

I would guess that Nigel will want Matty to stay. Matty Fryatt's goalscoring this season is the kind of thing that keeps managers in a job. I would certainly not let him leave. I would try and get him to agree a new contract. Failing that I woujld tell him to play out his contract for Leicester and emphasize that the more goals he scores this season the better the deal he can demand in the summer.
I take a different attitude to Mattock. He is less important to the team and we have good cover. Also he is an England Under 21 player. If he is to have any chance of making the squad for next summer he needs to be playing premiership football. Therefore I feel we have an obligation to the player to accept a serious premiership offer.

I would guess that Nigel will want Matty to stay. Matty Fryatt's goalscoring this season is the kind of thing that keeps managers in a job. I would certainly not let him leave. I would try and get him to agree a new contract. Failing that I woujld tell him to play out his contract for Leicester and emphasize that the more goals he scores this season the better the deal he can demand in the summer.
I take a different attitude to Mattock. He is less important to the team and we have good cover. Also he is an England Under 21 player. If he is to have any chance of making the squad for next summer he needs to be playing premiership football. Therefore I feel we have an obligation to the player of to accept a serious premiership offer.

With healthy sell on and add on's linked to his progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669