Fryatt ....will he stay ?

Fryatt in the January transfer window.......staying or going?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this level the player does not necessarily have the power. We are talking about Matty Fryatt and not Wayne Rooney; he is not a unique talent. If we won't sell Wolves and other clubs can look elsewhere. I don't believe Matty will stop playing for us if we do not sell him. I have seen players play badly because they were talentless, cowardly or just not fit enough. The only Leicester City player I believe deliberately played badly for us was Stan Colleymore.
so getting a hatrick against sunderland was deliberatly playing badly then?????????????????

i think fryatt will stay here now as long as he can get more money than the other strikers are on apparantly DJ is on £8000-00 a week not bad money for a no goal return is it

it depends on how much money he can get out of the club players are not loyal anymore they are just mercanaries out to get what they can

it depends on how much money he can get out of the club players are not loyal anymore they are just mercanaries out to get what they can

Actually, I'm not entirely sure that many players were that loyal years ago either. Always exceptions of course tho' I'm struggling to think of many.

As long as I've been supporting Leicester there have always been 'star' players angling to leave the club..... and this is going back over 50 years! And I'm sure that the same applies elsewhere as well.

The difference is that the changes in UK and EU employment laws and court rulings plus better player representation has changed the balance of power between the club and the player.

so getting a hatrick against sunderland was deliberatly playing badly then?????????????????

No Carter Fox that wqas Colleymore trying Colleymore's hatrick against Sunderland was one of the best performances in a Leicesster short I have ever seen. After that match I thought he would become one of the all-time greats.

The start of next season he was in dispute with the club. I cannot rermember who we played in his last game but I believe he deliberately played badly. Peter Taylor (I know, useless) seems to have thought it was more than a bad day. He demoted Colleymore to train with the kids. Despite our terrible striking record that year Colleymore never made even the bench and was got rid of to Bradford..
Despite the antics of Spider Kalic and the uselessness of Carl Cort I continue to believe that Colleymore was the only Leicester player to deliberately play badly.
Matty Fryatt of course is no Colleymore either in talent or in lack of integrity. I believe that if we refuse to sell him in January he will continue to play well.

No Carter Fox that wqas Colleymore trying Colleymore's hatrick against Sunderland was one of the best performances in a Leicesster short I have ever seen. After that match I thought he would become one of the all-time greats.

The start of next season he was in dispute with the club. I cannot rermember who we played in his last game but I believe he deliberately played badly. Peter Taylor (I know, useless) seems to have thought it was more than a bad day. He demoted Colleymore to train with the kids. Despite our terrible striking record that year Colleymore never made even the bench and was got rid of to Bradford..
Despite the antics of Spider Kalic and the uselessness of Carl Cort I continue to believe that Colleymore was the only Leicester player to deliberately play badly.
Matty Fryatt of course is no Colleymore either in talent or in lack of integrity. I believe that if we refuse to sell him in January he will continue to play well.

And the legend that is Trevor Benjamin beat the crap out of him at training!

To be fair if i was beat up by Trevor Benjamin i'd never show my face again. Anyone arrange this? it would save me a hell of a lot of money!

And the legend that is Trevor Benjamin beat the crap out of him at training!

To be fair if i was beat up by Trevor Benjamin i'd never show my face again. Anyone arrange this? it would save me a hell of a lot of money!

Unless there were two incidents the Colleymore-Benjamin incident took place during a reserve game. Colleymore had not played for some weeks or trained with the first team squad. Taylor then picked him for s reserve game. Colleymore's book suggests that Benjamin overreacted to some helpful advice. My understanding was that a Colleymore pass to Benjamin went astray. Colleymores "helpful advice" was to call Benjamin "an idle f______r." Benjamin understandably objected to Colleymore of all people calling him idle and a punchup occurred in the changuing room at half time. Whether Colleymore walked out in a huff or whether Peter Taylor decided to substitute him Colleymore did not come out for the second half but went home. John Elsom then decided
This was not the last we saw of Stan Colleymore as he turned up and played at the farewell match at Filbert Street.
Altogether Stan played 12 games for Leicester. His career at Real Oviedo was even shorter. He signed for them, played three games and decided to retire.

Well Trev seems to be a bit short of work at the moment now that his silky skills are no longer appreciated even at village football level - so how about us promoting a new career for this Leicester Legend?

We could arrange for a list of TBs who would put themselves forward and pay a tidy sum for Trev to beat them up as half time entertainment - we could even nominate people and pay up on their behalf. I have a few suggestions.

The start of next season he was in dispute with the club. I cannot rermember who we played in his last game but I believe he deliberately played badly. Peter Taylor (I know, useless) seems to have thought it was more than a bad day. He demoted Colleymore to train with the kids. .

Peter Taylor hated Stan. It was a long protracted battle. The first move was by Taylor, when Stan's agent asked about his salary in the upcoming negotiations. Taylor's response was to remove Stan's photo, immediately, from the walls of the training ground. This is what did Stan's head in.

It became ever more nasty.

Stan never wanted to leave the club. He really didn't. But Taylor couldn't cope with him, and chose, instead, to humiliate him into leaving, in every way he could. I got daily phone calls from Stan throughout this period. He was in a state, to say the least.

This was a very dark episode in our club's history and should never have happened. Martin O'Neill knew how to handle Stan, although he, too, made some mistakes, as two Alpha males sometimes get into willy-waving contests. But O'Neill was sussed. Taylor couldn't man-manage.

We could have managed Stan, and got the best out of him. He so much wanted to belong, somewhere. I remain very sad over the whole issue, as I persuaded him to come to us.

Peter Taylor hated Stan. It was a long protracted battle. The first move was by Taylor, when Stan's agent asked about his salary in the upcoming negotiations. Taylor's response was to remove Stan's photo, immediately, from the walls of the training ground. This is what did Stan's head in.

It became ever more nasty.

Stan never wanted to leave the club. He really didn't. But Taylor couldn't cope with him, and chose, instead, to humiliate him into leaving, in every way he could. I got daily phone calls from Stan throughout this period. He was in a state, to say the least.

This was a very dark episode in our club's history and should never have happened. Martin O'Neill knew how to handle Stan, although he, too, made some mistakes, as two Alpha males sometimes get into willy-waving contests. But O'Neill was sussed. Taylor couldn't man-manage.

We could have managed Stan, and got the best out of him. He so much wanted to belong, somewhere. I remain very sad over the whole issue, as I persuaded him to come to us.
great post true collymore just wanted to belong he needed to be treated with kid gloves

Mr.Collymore is however slowly becoming one of the best pundits in the country in his work with Channel 5. He may do cliche galore but at least it's not waffle like so many, he speaks well too.

Mr.Collymore is however slowly becoming one of the best pundits in the country in his work with Channel 5. He may do cliche galore but at least it's not waffle like so many, he speaks well too.

To be fair he didn't have to be very good to be better than John Barnes

If Fryatt were to be sold in January that would be one of the dumbest decisions I have seen for a while. You cant replace that kind of goal return easily and I expect we wouldnt be able to do it for less than fryatt is worth (6 months not much). As has been pointed out if he wants to join someone like wolves he can sign a pre agreement.

Whether or not he is good in the championship is irrelevant at the moment as we in league one, this isnt about him signing a new contract it is about him staying till the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669