Fryatt ....will he stay ?

Fryatt in the January transfer window.......staying or going?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than 20 goals before Christmas, with a contract running out in the summer. Typical Leicester!

At this point he deserves undeserved adulation from the supporters.

I also actually think it would be better for his career to see out this season at City and decide on a contract in the summer (Whether with us or not). He's scoring at will, has a good partnership going with Howard, and is playing in a team that, currently, NEEDS him. If I were him I wouldn't want to gamble all that away at a new club.

However, I suspect he has an eye on the door. He's had a bit of a rough ride at City and might just want away. Would be an almighty shame to lose him, but I get the impression his mind is made up.

I'd like him to stay to the end of the season, help get us promoted then decide where he wants to go. However if he does want to leave there will be some good competition to sign him now. We'll never get a better price - it doesn't matter that he could go at the end of the season, a team knows that if it offers enough they can be sure of him during this season. A much inflated fee would be able to be put to good use getting a replacement striker and maybe signing permanently one or two of those loan periods here.

More than 20 goals before Christmas, with a contract running out in the summer. Typical Leicester!

Don't think anyone could have predicted this run of form. It's one of those things and as some cynics might say, all too common when peoples contracts are running out.

All LCFC can do is make him a good offer now and try and persuade him. I can't see a premiership team coming in for him so its up to matty to decide which championship cub he wants to play for Leicester FC or the likes of Coventry or Brum???

FIF, I don't disagree that his value is sky high. However, his goals are currently more valuable than anything a club can pay. If it's between keeping Fryatt around in order to secure promotion or selling him at a massive price, I'll take promotion.

I'm not trying to argue with you here but 22 goals before Xmas is a remarkable return and I think we will have a VERY difficult time replacing him should he depart. I don't remember ever seeing a City striker in this vein of form. Certainly, there is a chance he will slow down and we could miss out on some cash as a result, but I'd rather take my chances that he keeps banging them in.

Of course, this is all irrelevant if he wants to feck off as you can't really keep a player who doesn't want to play.

My feeling is he wont be going anywhere till the summer. He will then make his decison based on what division we're in and what other offers he has.

He will only go in Jan if Milan gets greedy. Also bare in mind he wont go in Jan to just any club. Matty holds the cards so he wont be jumping in Jan unless its a significant bigger more ambitious club. He is unlikely to feck of to Donny or the Tree's even if they do other 2 million.

I'm not disagreeing, miles. As I said , I'd keep him then he's got the choice of Leicester (hopefully a championship side) or someone else. However I wouldn't turn down any silly offers so quickly. We need to win in League one, silly money can buy other players that can score. I can't see him wanting to go to a championship team but if a Prem side saw the goals and made an offer. he's not staying in Leicester.

Matty Fryatt really is special:

_45274689_mattfryatt_getty203.jpg

Heard it on good authority today that he's 'keeping very quiet' about signing a new contract and that it doesn't look likely that he'll stay. Club v.willing to cash in on Mattock in January (had it spelt out to me that the signings of Berner and Powell prove this) and 'once Kisnorbo has proved his fitness' he'll be off too.
Also met Dion Dublin at the game, what a nice chap!

Last edited:
I haven't seen many matches this season and he might miss 20+ chances every match, but 22 goals before Christmas is excellent.

Can't trust the commentator but I think he said 3 from 5 shots today. That's acceptable

Since October against Hudders, he's been a lot more clinical and an all-round player for us.
Indeed. So those Blue Monies who really do actually believe that players care about what a handful of people on here say, may actually be right.

But one thing is for certain, if that's the case then our early season criticism of him has certainly done him no harm at all.

Indeed. So those Blue Monies who really do actually believe that players care about what a handful of people on here say, may actually be right.

But one thing is for certain, if that's the case then our early season criticism of him has certainly done him no harm at all.

Now the truth is out. Matty's twenty two goals are not due to the guidance of Messrs Pearson, Shakespeare and Walsh at all. They are due to the influence of Melton Fox. Well done Melts!
I wonder what Nigel Pearson thinks of the possibility of Matty leaving. Twenty two goals before Christmas is the kind of player who keeps his manager in a job.

Now the truth is out. Matty's twenty two goals are not due to the guidance of Messrs Pearson, Shakespeare and Walsh at all. They are due to the influence of Melton Fox. Well done Melts!
I think that only a complete and utter twat would have failed to see the irony in my post, or for one minute believe that I was actually trying to say what you interpreted.

I firmly believe the players don't acknowledge or care about any of us, but we constantly have to listen to the patronising drivel of the Blue Mongies telling us we shouldn't say nasty things about our players because it will upset them.

I was merely trying to show them they are idiots.

Heard it on good authority today that he's 'keeping very quiet' about signing a new contract and that it doesn't look likely that he'll stay.

I was told today that he is staying. Can't name my source because I would face obvious ridicule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669