General Election June 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.
DARRbFkWAAAxF9T.jpg

Thought the Lib dem posters were pathetic. I expect better from them.

Really wish parties would focus more on saying what they are going to do rather than childishly attack the other parties. Especially those parties that are anonymous.

What some call 'strong and stable', others would call 'a total fecking shambles':

I don't see what the problem is with that image. Alternative versions presumably means large print, braille, audio etc versions, which will take longer than the standard version to be released.
Presumably they think blind people will vote for them because they can't see what the **** is going on.

I don't see what the problem is with that image. Alternative versions presumably means large print, braille, audio etc versions, which will take longer than the standard version to be released.
Presumably they think blind people will vote for them because they can't see what the **** is going on.

Could be from the Kellyanne Conway school of "alternative."

Could be from the Kellyanne Conway school of "alternative."

No. I looked into it. The image was deliberately cropped so the bit at the bottom wasn't visible, which would have made it obvious. And the fact that to get to the page the image came from you'd have to click on a link that says "accessible manifesto versions"

There are plenty of reasons to criticise the tories without making stuff up.

CropperCapture[55].png

Last edited:
This is a difficult one. I appreciate that Corbyn has a good heart and good intentions but I find him really quite naïve. Sure it would be nice if everyone gave up their armies and nuclear weapons etc but it doesn't mean everyone will and it sure as **** doesn't mean we should be the first muppets to do it! Let's face it, as much as this election is about more than just Brexit - Brexit is the main focus. Corbyn will bend over backwards to keep us in the single market. If it's May, there'll be no deal and we'll be coming out and probably turn ourselves into a tax haven or something to stay competitive and in so doing further piss off the rest of the EU...

I'm personally in favour of leaving the EU by principal, I can't stand Juncker. He's as anti-Brit as you can find and that was before the referendum! I also believe it's a rather basic ask for any country to be able to make up it's own laws and regulations and have full control of it's borders, seas and airways.

I generally side with the Torys because I believe in their tough-love approach more often than not whereas Labour seem to believe that money grows on trees and we can have all these nice things in a manifesto but they don't seem to work out how they're going to pay for it until we've amassed a crap tonne of debt. At least that seems to be the case in recent history.

I generally side with the Torys because I believe in their tough-love approach more often than not whereas Labour seem to believe that money grows on trees and we can have all these nice things in a manifesto but they don't seem to work out how they're going to pay for it until we've amassed a crap tonne of debt. At least that seems to be the case in recent history.

If you take a look at the actual figures, you'll find that the opposite is true.

Some of that is down to luck, as it depends upon the prevailing economic conditions. But the idea that the Conservatives are more prudent in government, is wrong.

I'm no Corbyn apologist, but I'd much rather spend the money we have on health, education and welfare than on nuclear weapons and tax breaks.

The fact that the Tories will win a massive majority just tells me that our country is populated by morons and sadists.

Just like Tony Wadsworth, we appear to enjoy being ****ed over by a bat shit crazy woman.

The fact that the Tories will win a massive majority just tells me that our country is populated by morons and sadists.
I was quite enjoying your post until the bit above.

Was there really any need for that?

Pretty funny that you're criticising people for being morons, when you've just made yourself look like one.

Sure it would be nice if everyone gave up their armies and nuclear weapons etc

Do you know how many countries actually have nuclear weapons?

In Europe, there's only the UK and France.

Why do we need them when the rest of Europe doesn't?

If you want to spend lots of money on defence, it would be better spent combating terrorism than on Trident.

Do you know how many countries actually have nuclear weapons?

In Europe, there's only the UK and France.

Why do we need them when the rest of Europe doesn't?

If you want to spend lots of money on defence, it would be better spent combating terrorism than on Trident.

I agree on that. The reference to nuclear weapons was only a generalisation of Corbyn's views on war and combat in general - as can be deemed from the use of the word 'etcetera' at the end. Like I said I find him quite naïve. Unfortunately, bad people exist and the world is never going to be a rosy place where we can all just get along. A look back down a long line of history will tell you that....

I was quite enjoying your post until the bit above.

Was there really any need for that?

Pretty funny that you're criticising people for being morons, when you've just made yourself look like one.

I refer you to the diagram I posted earlier in the thread.

In my opinion, only people that are 'well off' and/or don't care about others will vote Conservative.

If you're well off and too stupid to see the counter-productive effect of saying 'feck 'em' to massive numbers of people, you're a moron.

If you don't care about others, you're a moron.

If you willingly vote for people that act against your interests, and screw you over, you're a sadist.

I refer you to the diagram I posted earlier in the thread.

In my opinion, only people that are 'well off' and/or don't care about others will vote Conservative.

If you're well off and too stupid to see the counter-productive effect of saying 'feck 'em' to massive numbers of people, you're a moron.

If you don't care about others, you're a moron.

If you willingly vote for people that act against your interests, and screw you over, you're a sadist.

Well your opinion is officially full of shit then because I am a.) not that well off - probably less so than yourself and b.) do care about others. Maybe you should think about the bigger picture and other reasons for why people might vote Conservative rather than believe what some left side propaganda image tells you.

Well your opinion is officially full of shit then because I am a.) not that well off - probably less so than yourself and b.) do care about others. Maybe you should think about the bigger picture and other reasons for why people might vote Conservative rather than believe what some left side propaganda image tells you.

Such as?

Boom. Great post.

Maybe some people just don't want this buffoon to be Home Secretary:

IMG_1963.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48