Germany V England

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: England Germany.

Bollox to you too.

Always looking for the racist entendre.

Sometimes you need a person from that region to understand what is needed. Where the feck do you reign from?

Just to say and expand on what I said in another thread:

Personally, I think it's Capello's archaic tactics. Beckenbauer is right, it's just a rigid kick-and-rush play it out wide and just cross it in system. That's a good system if we have the players to suit that, great long passers of the ball, big, strong, centre-forwards, but we don't. The type of players we are producing now have evolved into a much more modern, fluid continental players. Who play those styles for their clubs.

We're playing tactics 20 years out of date, that simply don't suit the players we have on offer and until we get a modern thinking manager, who plays a more creative, fluid and patient system, instead of this rigid, fast paced, long passing game we will never match the more forward thinking style of the likes of Brazil, Spain, Argentina etc. Even Germany who are traditionally more similar to our style look far more fluid in their system than we do.

England still have this attitude that tactics don't matter and it's all about the players, so we'll just stick to the cliché English tactics that everyone knows, when it's clearly outdated and holding us back.

This "bring in an English manager" is bollocks. We said that after Sven, then after McClaren we said "bring in a foreign manager."

I couldn't give a shit whether the manager is English or German or Scottish or Pakistani, what we need is a forward thinking manager, who is prepared to play a modern system and build the system around the player, instead of just throwing the players hotchpotch into a system that worked for us 44 years ago.

None of this "manager with bollocks" crap. We don't need a strict man manager we've had them before and failed, we need a modern tactician and we need a major shake up of the ancient ideals and approach towards football we have in England. It IS NOT all about strength, power, team spirit and simply "trying hard," not in the modern international game anyway.

Last edited:

:icon_lol: Well you started it

Reign? Well, I'm from Botswana, but I'm not quite royalty

If you watched FC towards the end of the Slovenia game, he showed more passion than either SE or SM.
However, when it came to talking the basics, he needed a feckin interpreter.

Have you ever phoned a help line, person is really nice can speak English, but they don't feckin understand the language. That is what I mean, nothing to do with racism.

If you watched FC towards the end of the Slovenia game, he showed more passion than either SE or SM.
However, when it came to talking the basics, he needed a feckin interpreter.

Have you ever phoned a help line, person is really nice can speak English, but they don't feckin understand the language. That is what I mean, nothing to do with racism.

erm... what??? :icon_lol:

36970_132510066772393_112097885480278_232563_3083766_n.jpg

Another refereeing gaffe in the Argies game just now. How Twatter can sit their and say it's for the good of the game not to introduce technology is beyond me, especially when it is effecting games on the biggest stage. One of these blunders can change the whole flow of a game....

I actually watched this game in the company of a lot of England fans but also three very nice Germans, they were actually very apologetic at the end. Not sure why, they deserved the win.

The Germans I have met have always been very polite and very friendly. They have also been very embarrassed about what previous generations did.
No nation is so unfairly treated by the media.

The country that would have been nasty if they had beaten Enbgland is Argentina. They are the only people I have met who have been actively anti-England and that is because they were defeated in the Falklands War.

Germans have gone out of their way to praise Bobby Charlton (and rightly so) while I have found Italians more likely to talk about Beckham and Gascoigne.

I can't understand the the substitutions. Desperate for a goal and we bring on Heskey?I didn't think Milner was doing bad when he was fetched off. And SWP ffs. The only consistent scorer in the squad, Crouch, gets about 3 minutes as a sub in the first game.

Capello's record suggests he must be a good manager but I just can't understand his tactics.

Absolutely terrible.

So much for the "golden generation". Surely their last tournament, and it just got worse.

Would be happy to see the likes of Lampard and Gerrard all out the England team now for good, so we can start building for 4 years time, and hopefully actually have a TEAM rather than a group of individuals. Even as individuals though, they were all shit.
Unfortunately though, who have we got coming through?

You've got it spot on. As I've said on another thread, they have had their wish and had the 'top' managers and still they come up short. Whatever problems they have had with formation, they just do not deliver in the big matches. They played that formation superbly in qualifying. When it comes to the tournaments they are desperately found out. If they are as good as they thought they were Gerrard or Lampard would have made their positions work. Ronaldo is notionally a 'right-winger' but he does on the pitch whatever is best for him to perform.

Gerrard today was like Lampard of 4 years ago, just getting the ball and shooting from 25-30 yards. Where is the thought of a patient build-up, the killer pass?

Much as I like Gerrard as a player, he, Lampard, Terry and even Rooney cannot now be considered as 'world-class' in any way. The 'golden generation' failed. Move on. But as you rightly point out there is no-one to take their place which is really worrying.

Mind you, don't get me wrong I am not condoning Capello's performance. For 5m a year what has he done? The first lesson the FA have to learn is that throwing massive cash at a manager is not the way to 'buy' success. They should have learnt it after Eriksson, but didn't.

And this isn't about whether or not England should have a foreign coach, just that there is no reason the FA should need to pay the highest salary in professional football for their manager.

Another refereeing gaffe in the Argies game just now. How Twatter can sit their and say it's for the good of the game not to introduce technology is beyond me, especially when it is effecting games on the biggest stage. One of these blunders can change the whole flow of a game....

Blatter will only make a change when it affects one of his favourite teams (say France, Germany). Otherwise he doesnt give a flying feck

Mind you, don't get me wrong I am not condoning Capello's performance. For 5m a year what has he done? The first lesson the FA have to learn is that throwing massive cash at a manager is not the way to 'buy' success. They should have learnt it after Eriksson, but didn't.

And this isn't about whether or not England should have a foreign coach, just that there is no reason the FA should need to pay the highest salary in professional football for their manager.

Capello may be shite, but at least he doesnt pick the favourite players that are shite and was trying to pick them on merit (much like every other English Manager).

Capello may be shite, but at least he doesnt pick the favourite players that are shite and was trying to pick them on merit (much like every other English Manager).

Are you kidding me? Rooney and Lampard would have been dropped after the first game if that was true.

And Crouch would have gotten at least 1 minute on the pitch somewhere throughout the tournament.

Last edited:
He played 11 minutes in the first match and 6 minutes in the second one. It's understandable that you missed it, he didn't do anything.

Oh well that's pissed on my campfire then. :icon_lol:

I'm already sick of hearing that it's now 1-1 in goal-line cock-ups for England v Germany. To this day, with all the computer modelling they can do, they cannot tell 100% whether Hurst's was over the line or not. You could tell that today's was a goal from the moment it hit the ground and for the linesman not to see that is inexcusable, goal-line technology or not.

I think I'd like to see either..

Roy Hodgson
Harry Redknapp

...as next England manager. I just don't get why we go with these foreign coaches all the time. Get someone who knows the English game and the Premier League well, and someone who can speak fluent in the language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669