Germany V England

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: England Germany.

Bollox to you too.

Always looking for the racist entendre.

Sometimes you need a person from that region to understand what is needed. Where the feck do you reign from?

Do you not think calling a group of people krauts is the same as calling them pakis?

I think I'd like to see either..

Roy Hodgson
Harry Redknapp

...as next England manager. I just don't get why we go with these foreign coaches all the time. Get someone who knows the English game and the Premier League well, and someone who can speak fluent in the language.

You mean like McLaren? :102:

We need progression not same old same old. We've been taught a footballing lesson and this should spark a tactical revolution the way being thrashed by Hungary in 53 did. We need another forward thinking tactical manager on the back of this, as Alf Ramsey was.

I don't know who I want, but managers I absolutely do not want to replace Capello are:

Harry Redkanpp
Roy Hodgson
Martin O'Neill
David Moyes
Tony Pulis
Sam Allerdyce

Last edited:
I would prefer we went with someone with international management experience. It's very different to being with the players day in day out through the season, and that's what seems to have gone wrong with Capello.

In small doses, the team apparently loved his management style.... but when with him for a long period, apparently they've resented it and switched off.

Get someone like Guus Hiddink in. Or Scolari!

We need progression not same old same old. We've been taught a footballing lesson and this should spark a tactical revolution the way being thrashed by Hungary in 53 did. We need another forward thinking tactical manager on the back of this, as Alf Ramsey was.

I don't know who I want, but managers I absolutely do not want to replace Capello are:

Harry Redkanpp
Roy Hodgson
Martin O'Neill
David Moyes
Tony Pulis
Sam Allerdyce

You are completely right about the names on that list, apart from one. Roy Hodgson has had international success (relatively speaking) with Swizterland and Finland, and has shown he can build club teams that can compete on the international stage.

The real problem is though, given the criteria you've mentioned, you'll have trouble not adding any given english manager to your list. The FA have been dragging their feet for years about the opening of the National Football Centre, including a coaching academy at Burton.

Thanks to splits between the FA and the Premiership, and funding Wemberly this already nearly ten years late. It is finally beginning to get off the ground, with an expected opening date of 2012, problem is, with the FA needing money this could quite easily be cut. Until we catch up there will never be a decent choice of decent coaches for the england job. More importantly though, this lack of coaches means that at the youth level we are still knocking out dross.

It would be a massive mistake to think that the problem with english football is Fabio Capello. The problem with english football is english football.

The problem is in criticism of formation, is that a lot of fans and the media seem to think that formation = tactics, when in fact it is only a very small part of tactics.

Last edited:
And very few people seem concerned that we haven't got many good players!

I heard one so-called journalist ask Capello why the team had done badly with "the best individual players in the world". Talk about deluded!

And very few people seem concerned that we haven't got many good players!

I heard one so-called journalist ask Capello why the team had done badly with "the best individual players in the world". Talk about deluded!

He also said we played well. They did better than I expected yesterday but that's not playing well.

Painful to watch. I was so pissed off and embarassed that I went outside straight after the fourth goal and just sat with a few mates instead.

I really can't work out why this team are so shit, we have so many quality players who play consistently well at club level but when it comes to playing for the nation they just look bog standard. All the way through this tournament we have been shite so I guess yesterday was always going to happen sooner or later.

Capello should go and Pearce should get the job.

Painful to watch. I was so pissed off and embarassed that I went outside straight after the fourth goal and just sat with a few mates instead.

I really can't work out why this team are so shit, we have so many quality players who play consistently well at club level but when it comes to playing for the nation they just look bog standard. All the way through this tournament we have been shite so I guess yesterday was always going to happen sooner or later.

Capello should go and Pearce should get the job.

The players aren't world class, it's simple. I don't see the top European teams clamouring to sign Gerrad, Lampard, Rooney etc.

They only look good at club level because of the other player, Rooney get's a lot better service from Nani, Valencia and even Giggs than he ever will from Milner, SWP and Lennon.

Until this season Gerrard has Alonso alongside him who is a superb player and made him look good. This season, without him, he has looked average at best.

Lampard is a player I have never understood the hype around. He get's a lot of goals from midfield for Chelsea I agree, but whenever I see him he looks disinterested. And again he has the likes of Essien and Ballack to back him up.

As for the defence, they are just a shambles. Terry is too slow, Johnson has no positional sense, Cole is fine but I don't understand the "best left back in the world" tag and Upson and Carragher are awful.

He also said we played well. They did better than I expected yesterday but that's not playing well.

In fairness to him, he said that they played well when they scored and when it should've been 2-2

I think we have to look at the Premier League as well. The so-called best league in the world. It's exciting, sure, and has a lot of very fine players. But it's almost a different game entirely to every other top league in the world and looks like a different game to this World Cup.

Look how many Premier League "failures" are excelling in this tournament. If a player doesn't make it in the Premier League but then goes on to do well elsewhere it's more to do with the style of football, not the ability of the player.

We kept hearing how England should play like teams do in the Premier League. I reckon other teams would be more than happy with that as they can just pass the ball straight through us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669