Gerrard Not Guilty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprise surprise

The 29-year-old footballer, of Formby, Merseyside, was the only one of seven men to be cleared over the violence.

Wonder why that was :icon_roll

did i hear right that gerrard punched the victim 3 times in self defence??????? surely once is enough or better still to turn and walk away

His co-defendants all pleaded guilty to affray. I know I haven't seen all the CCTV, but only one of the group seemed to be kicking off, and he was the one that got away with it. :102:

i agree

At the risk of sounding like a communist reactionary, the British Law was never written for the ordinary man and, whilst displaying the manners of an illiterate oik, Gerrard has the fiscal clout of the ruling class.
You used to know where you were when the bloke above the law knew how to use enough cutlery for a humble family meal: ah, those were the days.....

His co-defendants all pleaded guilty to affray. I know I haven't seen all the CCTV, but only one of the group seemed to be kicking off, and he was the one that got away with it. :102:

If you havent seen it all then how can you suggest it was only Gerrard who was kicking off? :icon_roll

People will say he only got off because he is a footballer, but it is only because he is a footballer that it has gone this far. If it had been anyone else it would have just stayed as a silly fight in a pub.

People will say he only got off because he is a footballer, but it is only because he is a footballer that it has gone this far. If it had been anyone else it would have just stayed as a silly fight in a pub.
As much as I would love to see him convicted, purely because of my deep hatred of Liverpool FC which I have expressed several times before here on TalkingBalls, I think this is much nearer the truth.

despite gerrard apparently throwing all the punches?????

so much for being a model pro/good influence etc

Wonder why that was :icon_roll

Probably because all the others pleaded guilty and didn't stand trial.
Whatever the outcome was to be certain people had already made their mind up he was guilty and no jury in any court were going to change their mind.However IMO Gerrard should never have put himself in that scenario in the first place and I expect deep down he's ashamed and won't be going out on the piss again with his mates.I like how the other bloke is painted has being whiter than white based on one minutes video foootage that people have seen.

Exactly..you haven't seen ALL the footage but it hasn't stopped you assuming:102:

If you havent seen it all then how can you suggest it was only Gerrard who was kicking off? :icon_roll

Exactly..you haven't seen ALL the footage but it hasn't stopped you assuming:102:
However I have been reading what was said in court, so feel that I can form an opinion. Ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669