Gerrard Not Guilty

Status
Not open for further replies.
They also said in court ''not gulity'':102:

Doesn't mean to say that he didn't do it; only that a jury decided that there was 'reasonable doubt'.

Different court, different jury,...

They also said that about Michael Jackson but it doesn't mean much to many people does it.

Like I said people had already made their mind up and it didn't matter what the outcome was they had already made their mind up Gerrard was guitly.

Doesn't mean to say that he didn't do it; only that a jury decided that there was 'reasonable doubt'.

Like I said people had already made their mind up and it didn't matter what the outcome was they had already made their mind up Gerrard was guitly

Wonder if you would have the same open minded approach if it was Joey Barton or Lee Hughes being acccused?

Wonder if you would have the same open minded approach if it was Joey Barton or Lee Hughes being acccused?

Lee Hughes and Joey Barton have both been found guilty in the past,Gerrard hasn't.Hairbrain comparison

Last edited:
Lee Hughes and Joey Barton have both been found guilty in the past,Gerrard hasn't.Hairbrain comparison

So it's ok to make your mind up regardless of the facts for some but not others?

They also said in court ''not gulity'':102:

Exactly. I have seen trials where the evidence gave no doubt as to the defendants guilt, but the jury still returned a verdict of 'not guilty'. I have also seen trials where the defendant's guilt wasn't clear, yet the jury disagreed and found him guilty. A lot more goes into the decision that a jury makes than the evidence presented to them....

So it's ok to make your mind up regardless of the facts for some but not others?

What are you talking about ? MY mind is not made up because like yourself I do not know ALL the facts only those reported in the newspapers,the jury did hear all the facts and made their verdict.You choose to believe he is guilty simply because you don't like him.LIke I said I think he was foolish to put himself in the position he did and perhas the humiliation of appearing in court etc may have made him learn his lesson.

Exactly. I have seen trials where the evidence gave no doubt as to the defendants guilt, but the jury still returned a verdict of 'not guilty'. I have also seen trials where the defendant's guilt wasn't clear, yet the jury disagreed and found him guilty. A lot more goes into the decision that a jury makes than the evidence presented to them....

Or..he may just have been not guilty ?:102:

What are you talking about ? MY mind is not made up because like yourself I do not know ALL the facts only those reported in the newspapers,the jury did hear all the facts and made their verdict.You choose to believe he is guilty simply because you don't like him.LIke I said I think he was foolish to put himself in the position he did and perhas the humiliation of appearing in court etc may have made him learn his lesson.

What are you talking about? I never said he was guilty.

What are you talking about? I never said he was guilty.

He was, it appears the great legal minds of TB have decided that,they watch one episode of Kavanagh and all of a sudden they are experts.I wonder if he had been found guilty then the system of 'trial by jury' would then have been so unfair.
Anyway I shall just been accused shortly of thinking Gerrard can do no wrong,a Scouser Lover blah blah so I'm bowing out of this one

Last edited:
maybe some of us waited until the verdict/evidence was given instead off slagging gerrard off beforehand???

he certainly isnt a good role model now is he??

maybe some of us waited until the verdict/evidence was given instead off slagging gerrard off beforehand???

he certainly isnt a good role model now is he??

Like I said he should never have put himself in the situation,but in the end he was not guilty.Everybody makes mistakes in their lives,its a matter if they learn from them and don't repeat them in the future.No he hasn't behaved like a good role model but neither is he the Anti-Christ

Last edited:
Like I said he should never have put himself in the situation,but in the end he was not guilty.Everybody makes mistakes in their lives,its a matter if they learn from them and don't repeat them in the future.No he hasn't behaved like a good role model but neither is he the Anti-Christ

i dont remember anyone saying he is the anti christ :102::102:

i dont remember anyone saying he is the anti christ :102::102:

Just seems to be a lot of vitriol/anger aimed at him thats all but maybe I'm wrong.16/1 to be Top Premier Goalscorer this season anyway,cracking each-way bet IMO

Last edited:
His co-defendants all pleaded guilty to affray. I know I haven't seen all the CCTV, but only one of the group seemed to be kicking off, and he was the one that got away with it. :102:

However I have been reading what was said in court, so feel that I can form an opinion. Ok?

Seems strange you forgot to mention that you have read everything which was said in court and simply refered to the clip of CCTV coverage you had seen. Surely it would have made more sense to not even mention the CCTV coverage and just talk about the full transcript. :icon_conf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670