Get well soon Clive Clarke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fingers crossed for the lad. Gonna pop in tomorrow whilst at work for an update, keep the faith and here's hoping for the best for him.

Just got back from the match now, hope Clarke makes a full and speedy recovery, felt awful walking to the coaches after.

Well done to Forest for agreeing to call the match off and also all the 'foreign' fans messages of support! :038:

Last edited:
It's really heartening to see the solidarity coming from supporters of other teams, respect due.
Hopefully Clive will make a full recovery.

Best wishes to Clarke and his family, a truly horrible thing to happen, especially after what happened to Antonio Puerta and Ray Jones... this is a terrible week for football - no matter who you support. To all the arseholes (both foxes and trees) who were getting rowdy after the match; ****ing grow up and show a bit of respect - a man could have died tonight and you're still bothered about petty rivalries.

Hope Clive makes a full recovery.

Best wishes to Clarke and his family, a truly horrible thing to happen, especially after what happened to Antonio Puerta and Ray Jones... this is a terrible week for football - no matter who you support. To all the arseholes (both foxes and trees) who were getting rowdy after the match; ****ing grow up and show a bit of respect - a man could have died tonight and you're still bothered about petty rivalries.

Hope Clive makes a full recovery.

I'm LCFC through and through, and am in shock right now that one of our lads had to be resuscitated and almost died in the dressing room.
Let's hope that Clive recovers to full health.
But to those fans from other clubs who have posted here - your good wishes are as valuable as ours.
Thank you so much for caring.

Re: Just to say get well soon to your player

From a match perspective, sad to see the match abandoned after a decent half and a Forest goal (quite a rare occurence these days).

No problem at all with the game being abandoned and Im sure most decent people will feel the same.

Sounds like there were a few idiots shouting their mouths off inside the ground, but Radio Nottingham reported that the stewards were on hand to keep both sets apart.

Just hope the numpties dont kick off outside.

Important thing is that Clive Clarke is ok. After the events in Spain, you do worry.

Regards,
BBlock Red

Thanks for the message.

Just to point out that the stewards did not have a ****ing clue.

Hoping it's a speedy recovery Clive..

in the meantime here's an update from MA

I have just left the hospital in Nottingham with Dave Rennie and Damien Doyle after visiting Clive Clarke.
We do not know how it happened or why it happened, but at this moment in time he is sitting up absolutely exhausted and very grateful to our medical team.
It would be wrong at this moment in time to enter into anymore details until further tests have been carried out.
Lastly, I must say Dave Rennie and Damien Doyle were absolutely outstanding in coping and dealing with what was a traumatic and difficult situation.

We are lucky both members of staff were on hand at such a difficult and testing time. Take care,
Martin

Great news that he is sitting up! :038:

Although with recent events it is of paramount importance that he is thoroughly monitored for the next few days.

Great news.

I think I'll stay up for a bit longer though, I stocked up on booze for tonights game after all.

Get well soon Clive. :023:

Thanks to the fans of other clubs - yes, even F****t :icon_wink - for your good wishes.

Football may be important, but it is NOT more important than life and death.

Lastly, I must say Dave Rennie and Damien Doyle were absolutely outstanding in coping and dealing with what was a traumatic and difficult situation.

You are hero's,you two should be so proud of yourselves, because i am so proud of you two.
You saved a mans life, there is no greater accomplishment in life as to how you two perfomed tonight.
Speedy recovery to you Mr Clarke, i welcome the day you are back in that blue shirt.

Encouraging reports this morning. Hoping all goes well and you are up and about soon Clive.

Congratulations to all concerned in dealing so fast and efficiently.

I can't add anything to what has been said but, I needed to add my good wishes to Clive and his family. We pray for your speedy recovery.

Well done to the fans from other teams who have taken the time to post a goodwill message and thanks to Forest for their understanding.

To be honest, I hope we would act as well as Forest had in the same circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669