Get well soon Clive Clarke

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was a heart attack then he will never be physically strong enough again. :icon_conf

I doubt any club will get insurance cover for him to play at professional level again. It is to be hoped that he has a second string to his bow; either on the managerial front or outside of the game.

It pissed me off to hear Keane moaning at his post-match interviews about ref's etc.

As much as I dislike Keane and to be fair to him, I shouldn't think he would have known about the incident until after his match had finished. The match was not abandoned until the second half of all the other matches had got underway.

According to ssn he had a rigerous two and a half hour fitness test and passed with flying colours.

According to ssn he had a rigerous two and a half hour fitness test and passed with flying colours.
A medical hospital fitness test, or a footballer's fitness test.

I'd be amazed if it's the latter!!!!!!

In an interview on BBC Radio Clarkes agent said that Clive had completed a very rigorous two and a half hour fitness test before the loan move which the agent said he'd never seen the like of. The test was mandatory under Martin Allen's rules and included heart/cardiac checks.

I wonder if this might be the type of test that a more high profile and older target of the club may not want to complete and would then be asked to prove their fitness over a longer period before being offered a longer contract ?

Last edited:
Just heard the latest news on Sky Sports News,

He is with his family has received flowers from Burnley and Coventry Football Clubs, his heart stopped, then it failed again for a second time. Mandaric has also been into the hospital to take a look. Sunderland Football Club are also very concerned as he is of course on loan from there. His agent also mentioned its early days but he thinks he will play again.

Glad he sounds to be recovering.

I wonder if this might be the type of test that a more high profile and older target of the club may not want to complete and would then be asked to prove their fitness over a longer period before being offered a longer contract ?

:icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg

Just heard the latest news on Sky Sports News,

He is with his family has received flowers from Burnley and Coventry Football Clubs, his heart stopped, then it failed again for a second time. Mandaric has also been into the hospital to take a look. Sunderland Football Club are also very concerned as he is of course on loan from there. His agent also mentioned its early days but he thinks he will play again.

Glad he sounds to be recovering.

Not particularly a fan of either of those clubs but a nice gesture from them all the same.

Isn't it amazing how Clive Clarke has soon been forgotten after MA's departure... Yesterday, until the evening, of course, it's all everyone was talking about.

Isn't it amazing how Clive Clarke has soon been forgotten after MA's departure... Yesterday, until the evening, of course, it's all everyone was talking about.
Not amazing, nor surprising.

It just proves my point that it was a false pretentious outpouring of "grief" albeit contrived or not contrived.

Now there is something else for people to "mourn" over this is all forgotten about.

We love to mourn, this country thrives on it. The bloke isn't even dead and the grief people were displaying was equivalent to it.

Not amazing, nor surprising.

It just proves my point that it was a false pretentious outpouring of "grief" albeit contrived or not contrived.

Now there is something else for people to "mourn" over this is all forgotten about.

We love to mourn, this country thrives on it. The bloke isn't even dead and the grief people were displaying was equivalent to it.

But, sadly and horrifyingly, it paled in comparison to the grief displayed when some football manager or other was dismissed

You are Boris Johnson AICMFP.

Oh, sorry, you said 'country' - thought you said 'Liverpool'.
You might be surprised to learn that I agree with with Boris Johnson on certain issues :icon_lol:

You might be surprised to learn that I agree with with Boris Johnson on certain issues :icon_lol:

Nothing surprises me about people from Melton!

Or is that Harborough? Is there a difference?!!

Please see my post last night in the "How are people feeling" thread. I made a similar comment then. Ree-dick-you-lous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669