Ginger Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's too clever to lose his fortune in our pisspot.

Especially when he's not even a City fan, a interested follower maybe, but he's found more often than not at the Tigers than at ours.

The Watford game is now taking on some sort of mythical status. From my memory Watford should have scored twice in the opening minutes and we only got back in the game through a wonder strike that was totally out of the blue. I certainly didn't see anything that was tactically mind blowing that day, just that we got the rub of the green after the bad luck against Blackpool. I'd would also say that Watford's heads definitely dropped after the second and they couldn't wait for the game to be over.

Don't get me wrong, the attacking style of football played that day against Watford was no doubt what I'd want to see rather than last night's dullfest. But the result could well have been a freak, a one-off when everything goes right (we seem to get one a season), or maybe the players had heard whispers MA was going to go and it spurred them on, or perhaps it was just the 'dead cat bounce' effect.

There is another element to the Watford win. MA knew he was finished before the game and I suspect so did the players and knowing that they would not have to put up with the twats treatment anymore, went out and enjoyed themselves.

Truth is many of the problems we are now facing are down to Mandaric :

1) Had the opportunity to appoint a proven manager in the summer. He failed was suckered in by Allen.

WHY have we bought in to this idea of a "proven manager"?
If Ferguson, Wenger or Mourinho were likely to apply, then great but they are not. Look at history; O'Farrell, Bloomfield,Little, O'Neill; they all came as promising managers from the lower divisions. The only successful "proven manager" that springs to mind as doing well with Leicester, was Jock Wallace.

Eh what?? Crowd-pleasers amongst our squad of dross, Boc? Any oxymoron if I ever saw one, old chum.;)

humph! - old chum, indeed!!!

Crowd-pleasers was included as a comparitive term - 10,000 huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmers can not be wrong! The signs are there to be seen.

Last edited:
Lets face it..the Watford game was a one-off, and it’s made things 10x harder for Manderic/Megson, expectation levels were high after that, but the 1st 45mins at Forest proves that it was just a flash in the pan.
Allens signings are proving to be awful, im not going to list them all but Neilson, Hellings, Kaebi, Hayes etc have all come in and not been played, probably for a good reason. Clem was hardly a risky signing, Campbell looks like being seriously overpriced (compare him to an equivalent player e.g. Billy Sharp or Eastwood), N'Gotty was bought by Manderic and Fulop isn't our player.
Basically if Milan realised Allen was bringing in shite, then its a fair decision to bring in Megson and start again next summer, rather than let that nutcase spin doctor burn a bigger hole in his pocket and leave us with a 50 man squad of rubbish

Allens signings are proving to be awful, im not going to list them all but Neilson, Hellings, Kaebi, Hayes etc have all come in and not been played, probably for a good reason. Clem was hardly a risky signing, Campbell looks like being seriously overpriced (compare him to an equivalent player e.g. Billy Sharp or Eastwood), N'Gotty was bought by Manderic and Fulop isn't our player.

I think that those can be laid at the door of Mackay/Fucillo/Mandaric. Hayes was played against Blackpool.

That was nothing more than useless/chinese whisper. I doubt a man of his status/fortune would really allow a bit of badnaming affect him.

I'm not talking about what fans may have said, this happened in one of the shareholder meetings.

I think that those can be laid at the door of Mackay/Fucillo/Mandaric. Hayes was played against Blackpool.

And looked promising. Hasn't he been injured since?

Another factor was Clark - the left back spot seemed finally solved in the short time he was playing, and Chambers was able to play in his normal position on the right. Weso was also an important player in the early games when the team did seem to be coming together and was able to adapt formation. I would suggest that the combination of these losses to the squad are key - proving that there is potential/quality there, but not enough to cope with this small number of disruptions.

many blame the shit signings on everyone other than allen, but didn't allen turn down the chance to sign JFH? so he did have some influence, albeit very misguided

many blame the shit signings on everyone other than allen, but didn't allen turn down the chance to sign JFH? so he did have some influence, albeit very misguided

Allen's obviously made some mistakes - Campbell looks the worst spunking of £2 million that we've seen for a while. And turning down JFH now looks to have been a mistake. But it seems very unlikely that Kaebi, Hellings, Neilsen and Ferreira were much to do with him.

I'm going to sound like I'm courting controversy here, but I'll say what I see and what I think:

Megson is doing an excellent job and I have very high hopes for the future with him in charge. I feel that he's the man to finally get us playing winning football in this league in time, and I support him 100%.

1. He's organised the team so they look balanced and solid. We're playing the formation that suits the players we have and one that covers up our inadequacies best.
2. His comments are spot on. He knows exactly what's wrong and what needs to be done to correct it.
3. I rate his two assistants (Burrows and Taggart) as exactly what's needed to support him.
4. Certain players such as Fryatt, Stearman, Mattock, Kishishev look far better now than before he came.
5. His smart introduction of King tonight suggested that he is prepared to pick whoever impresses him and back his own judgement.
6. He has a proven record at getting teams promoted from this league in workmanlike and efficient ways.
7. His substitutions are generally spot on.
8. He focuses on players doing the simple things right. Positional play, tracking markers, set pieces, shape etc. All are improving dramatically.
9. When his team start winning, they will climb the league fast and prove very tough to beat.
10. He's sussed out much of the garbage straightaway i.e. De Vries and made sure that it's well known that he won't tolerate the type of feeble performances that have been so frequently on show over recent years.

:038:
At last....... a poster in the real world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00