Ginger Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe if we win one home game we will get confidence and challenge for the play off. Problem is that we cant score for toffee, which was one of MAs top methods

I believe if we win one home game we will get confidence and challenge for the play off. Problem is that we cant score for toffee, which was one of MAs top methods

I bet that when people ask you if you're a glass half full or half empty man, you tell 'em that you see two full glasses, don't you? :biggrin:

Probably belongs in another thread, but along with Sledge Hammer, SOAP was one of the best American comedy imports of its time.

Night Court as well. ;)

Probably belongs in another thread, but along with Sledge Hammer, SOAP was one of the best American comedy imports of its time.

Barney Miller. ;)

Boiught Sledge Hammer on DVD a couple of years ago, didn't seem as good as I remembered it. Definitely a class above most American comedies at the time though.

I've got the entire first and second series in two boxed sets - that's how sad I am!

Well done for the chants today guys and girls!!!! Wednesday may be shite but we've lost to shite teams before and today was a good result regardless of the second half! 2-3 signings in january and we'll be fine! "Ginger Mourinho, Ginger Mourinho!!!"

Thing is about GM is that its blindingly obvious he doesn't fancy staying here for long. Comments like 'I try to win for whoever I'm employed by' tend to distance him from the fans and I already feel like he resents us. I would say this has probably been best illustrated by Gerry's "Touchline Ban" - I.E. GM is the one out there shouting at the players and not GT as we saw in the first few games.

And as GM doesn't fancy staying here all that long his best exit strategy is slag off the players publicly, state they're not good enough and in doing so he's backed himself up. IF we do good then were overachieving and its down to him. If we make the play offs this season then he could be in line for a low level Prem job. IF he fails and gets sacked by MM well he didn't have good enough players 'not my fault' eh?

Its a win win situation for him. He has nothing to lose. Meanwhile the club is just a tool for two men trying to increase the size of their wallets.

Going on to Milan. The guy is a joke. First off he claims that MA2 wasn't sacked for footballing reasons - then he goes on to say that the first half at Forest "Made up his mine". How does that work then? Did he have an argument with him whilst MA2 was on the touchline? Did MA2 get someone to go off and key his car during the first half? I would love this explained to me.

Then Milan is saying that all the players were signed with MA2's permission bar Bruno. Possibly true - but Kaiebi wasn't MA2 said that was a MM signing! And lets not forget these guys we have on loan in our reserve team - who the fcuk signed them then when we had no manager? Then we have players like Newton who MA2 stated had only seen play on the DVD of the Blues match last season - another MM signing IMO. I could go on with this list for ages because I'm certain Milan is trying to have us on here.

A players revolt? I doubt it! Sheean and Weso both loved MA2. They told someone I know on the day he was sacked so I know thats fact. I just do not believe for one moment that DJ was unhappy about him. If there had been a players revolt we would have definitely heard about it before now.

The ginge - I don't like his body language of the touchline. Hands in pockets:018: However we must judge him on results. A good 2-0 result today HOWEVER this was against one of the worst teams in the division so lets not get carried away. His misjudgement of Carl Cort is a worry. Its clear for everyone to see that Cort is rubbish, yet he sends MdV out on loan?

This post doesn't really have a conclusion - simply to say that if we win some I'll be happy.

Ginger Mourinho is here for the long haul,January transfer window opens and he will be in a better postition to understand the needs of the team.Players will leave for sure and of course some will arrive.
Carl Cort is still coming back from injury so give the guy some time.Carl suffered the same problem as de Fries,he takes the ball down and there is no outlet pushing on from the midfield to give it to.
Gary knows the short comings we have ,so do I feel he can solve them ?yes I do!

Last edited:
Thing is about GM is that its blindingly obvious he doesn't fancy staying here for long. Comments like 'I try to win for whoever I'm employed by' tend to distance him from the fans and I already feel like he resents us. I would say this has probably been best illustrated by Gerry's "Touchline Ban" - I.E. GM is the one out there shouting at the players and not GT as we saw in the first few games.

And as GM doesn't fancy staying here all that long his best exit strategy is slag off the players publicly, state they're not good enough and in doing so he's backed himself up. IF we do good then were overachieving and its down to him. If we make the play offs this season then he could be in line for a low level Prem job. IF he fails and gets sacked by MM well he didn't have good enough players 'not my fault' eh?

Its a win win situation for him. He has nothing to lose. Meanwhile the club is just a tool for two men trying to increase the size of their wallets.

Going on to Milan. The guy is a joke. First off he claims that MA2 wasn't sacked for footballing reasons - then he goes on to say that the first half at Forest "Made up his mine". How does that work then? Did he have an argument with him whilst MA2 was on the touchline? Did MA2 get someone to go off and key his car during the first half? I would love this explained to me.

Then Milan is saying that all the players were signed with MA2's permission bar Bruno. Possibly true - but Kaiebi wasn't MA2 said that was a MM signing! And lets not forget these guys we have on loan in our reserve team - who the fcuk signed them then when we had no manager? Then we have players like Newton who MA2 stated had only seen play on the DVD of the Blues match last season - another MM signing IMO. I could go on with this list for ages because I'm certain Milan is trying to have us on here.

A players revolt? I doubt it! Sheean and Weso both loved MA2. They told someone I know on the day he was sacked so I know thats fact. I just do not believe for one moment that DJ was unhappy about him. If there had been a players revolt we would have definitely heard about it before now.

The ginge - I don't like his body language of the touchline. Hands in pockets:018: However we must judge him on results. A good 2-0 result today HOWEVER this was against one of the worst teams in the division so lets not get carried away. His misjudgement of Carl Cort is a worry. Its clear for everyone to see that Cort is rubbish, yet he sends MdV out on loan?

This post doesn't really have a conclusion - simply to say that if we win some I'll be happy.

Good post I dont agree with it all but you put your points across well, I defenitly do agree with you on MDV tho sending him out on loan seems a stupid move, not only because cort is poor at the moment but also cort has a high risk of injury again.

Thing is about GM is that its blindingly obvious he doesn't fancy staying here for long. Comments like 'I try to win for whoever I'm employed by' tend to distance him from the fans
I think this was directly related to the fact that he's a lifelong Sheffield Wednesday fan. What would you say if your team had just beat City? Divided loyalties and all that.

Last edited:
I think this was directly related to the fact that he's a lifelong Sheffield Wednesday fan. What would you say if your team had just beat City? Divided loyalties and all that.

Yeah but lets not use facts to get in the way of another opportunity to berate Megson.

And we still persist with bringing everyone back to defend corners. Every single one of our players was in our penalty area to defend a corner in the second half tonight. So when the ball ended up with one of our players there was no one to pass it to.

And have you noticed they don't mark anybody?

Bloody zonal marking is back then..........

I hate it...I don't understand why we don't even have one of the strikers up on the halfway line, pulling everyone back into the box just means that we invite the oppo to keep the pressure on us when we are defending set peices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669