Glastonbury 2007 - if you want to go read this

Status
Not open for further replies.
****ING GET IN!

Just got my confirmation on hotmail!

The nottingham call centre girl obviously got it wrong - the see tickets thing also has a record of my order.

Thank god for that - was near suicidal!

Last edited:
****ING GET IN!

The nottingham call centre girl obviosuly got it wrong - the see tickets thing also has a record of my order.

damn:icon_lol:

well done mate, ive got to hope for returns on the 22nd, if not think i'l book a little holibops somewhere

ta mate

fingers crossed sort of thing really, got tickets for leeds anyhow, so not as dissappointed as i might have been

Oh shit, me too - that's why I am completely skint!

****ING GET IN!

The nottingham call centre girl obviously got it wrong - the see tickets thing also has a record of my order.

That's a relief Joe, I was still waiting for mine when you posted that and was going to ring seetickets to see if they had a record of the order but didn't want to incase they said they did not.

TBH I was still quite hopeful as it was a Sunday, and not all banks will do transfers on a Sunday so the order would not go through until Monday. If this was the case then there would be no record of the transaction until Monday as they are not going to give you the tickets without having your money first. I got my confirmation through at 0020 which leads me to believe this was the case.

I have been reading some forums, mainly www.efestivals.co.uk and apparently there was a fundamental flaw with the booking system this year for Glastonbury tickets. Once you had gained access to the booking page, it seemed as if you could access it as many times as you would like after completing a transaction, people on there claim to have purchased more than 50 tickets for people and in some extreme cases people were emailing other forum members that they have never even met before giving them their debit card details, as they could access the order page as often as they liked.

Again I think this is correct as my brother purchased my tickets as well as his own, he managed to get through at his flat and bought tickets for him and 3 friends first and let me know whilst me and 3 mates were desperately trying to get through on a computer and 2 phones each, then he said he thought he would just try again just for the sake of it and got through straight away no problem so got on the blower to me and got all the details for me and my mates and ordered the bad boys!!

Incidentally, I did still try to book tickets as a few of my uni mates were still trying to get through although I never even managed to access the page to click what type of tickets you want until it was completely sold out! SeeTickets need to sort themselves out, they are a joke, they f'ed me in the A last year over Reading Festival tickets when they thought they would cancel my order without letting me know!

It seems that seetickets, as with aloud.com in previous years, just cannot handle the immense demand and traffic. My story mirrors yours completely and if it wasn't for their feck up I doubt I'd have been going.

A friend got through, rang me to tell me he'd got through, then clicked 'back' and ordered mine. Ridiculous really but I'm not going to complain as I'm sure you'll understand.

No transaction has gone out yet however but I do have my reference number and confirmation email so should be ok - I hope!

It seems that seetickets, as with aloud.com in previous years, just cannot handle the immense demand and traffic. My story mirrors yours completely and if it wasn't for their feck up I doubt I'd have been going.

A friend got through, rang me to tell me he'd got through, then clicked 'back' and ordered mine. Ridiculous really but I'm not going to complain as I'm sure you'll understand.

No transaction has gone out yet however but I do have my reference number and confirmation email so should be ok - I hope!

Same here, still no cash taken from the bank. I'm going to ring them if it doesn't come out by tomorrow as last year I booked my Reading Tickets from them and no money was taken for a month or so, so rang them and was told it was canceled because of incorrect card details, thanks for telling me first though you bastards!!

Last edited:
Let me know how you get on mate - I've heard rumours that if they try and take the money and it's unsuccessful then they'll email you and ask you to ring them to check the card details.

Yeah, apparently they will 'contact' you if there is a problem. In the THIRD confirmation e-mail I have recieved it stated:

Please note, your order is subject to Glastonbury receiving authorisation from
your card issuer for the requested funds. Should, for any reason, your card
issuer fail to give Glastonbury authorisation you will be notified.

To be honest I wouldn't hold out much hope of them contacting you if there were any problems as they didn't do last year, just keep checking your bank to see if the money has gone out, because once that happens you will definitely have the ticket(s) and if it still hasn't been taken out (like mine) just keep checking the ticket tracker to see if the gits have cancelled your order.

Link to tracker - http://www.seetickets.com/see/content_tracker.asp

Might just ring seetickets and check they have all the details there correct. Use this number if you want to do the same:

I tell you what, we shouldn't be worrying but as the internet just cannot handle things like this with any confidence it's better to be safe than sorry.

Think I may as well do the same, although I'm sure once the order has been processed, the details cannot be changed! It will be all good anyway, fingers crossed!

Might just ring seetickets and check they have all the details there correct. Use this number if you want to do the same:

I tell you what, we shouldn't be worrying but as the internet just cannot handle things like this with any confidence it's better to be safe than sorry.
Check the mail from see tickets, it should ahve a "progress checker" in it, just enter your ref number and your email addy and it'll tell you where the tickets are.

If it isn't in your mail you'll find on their site somewhere

yes, it says the usual - 'we are waiting for your tickets to come into stock and then they will be despatched to Joe_Fox......'

Check the mail from see tickets, it should ahve a "progress checker" in it, just enter your ref number and your email addy and it'll tell you where the tickets are.

If it isn't in your mail you'll find on their site somewhere

Or you can find the link in a couple of posts above! ;)

As long as it shows up on the tracker, its all good and my 3 tickets and car park pass are up there fine!!

So is it just me and Joe_Fox who managed to get tickets?

yes, it says the usual - 'we are waiting for your tickets to come into stock and then they will be despatched to Joe_Fox......'

Yeah hopefully they are a bit more pronto with dispatching these tickets unlike Reading last year, I didn't get mine until the Tuesday before I went and SMS were so shit they were unable to find my mates work in Lutterworth and we had to pick up his ticket from the gate!!

They should just use good old Royal Mail!

You had the money taken from your account yet Joe? I'm still waiting for it to go out but the tickets are still there and the tracker so I reckon its probably just taking a few days due to all the tickets being sold at once. Hopefully I'm right but I think I'll phone them later when I'm home just to make sure!

You had the money taken from your account yet Joe? I'm still waiting for it to go out but the tickets are still there and the tracker so I reckon its probably just taking a few days due to all the tickets being sold at once. Hopefully I'm right but I think I'll phone them later when I'm home just to make sure!

No money has gone out of my account or anyone else I know who bought tickets accounts so not worried yet. I was tempted to ring seetickets but don't want to because after teh last phone call to them I felt like dying!

No money has gone out of my account or anyone else I know who bought tickets accounts so not worried yet. I was tempted to ring seetickets but don't want to because after teh last phone call to them I felt like dying!

Thats good that there are more in the same boat. I don't really want to ring them either because in my experience they are completely unhelpful. When I rang about my canceled Reading ticket last year, the women on the phone was very unhelpful and seemed to take pleasure in reminding me 'I'm afraid you will not be going to Reading Festival!' and also after telling me numerous times that there was not 1 ticket left at all, only for me to go on the internet afterwards and book one within 10 mins of phone call ending.

Bloddy Shottingham scumbags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670