Halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the devil crap the article is pretty spot on, especially the bit about trick or treating being extortion to prevent vandalism.

Highland loves Halloween - he can't wait for boys to come knocking on his door to give him the willies

He always has plenty of treats ready to give them in return

Highland loves Halloween - he can't wait for boys to come knocking on his door to give him the willies

He always has plenty of treats ready to give them in return

I heard he'd made a glory hole in his front door to save time

I am crap with links, so I hope this works (or thanks to whoever corrects it for me) :icon_lol:

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....ing-Devil/article-1423143-detail/article.html

what complete and utter pile of arsebiscuits. People that spout this kind of nonsensical scaremongering need psychiatric help

Other than the devil crap the article is pretty spot on, especially the bit about trick or treating being extortion to prevent vandalism.

Do you really believe that?
Personally, I think trick-or-treatin is just kids dressing up and having fun. I really don't see the problem people seem to have with it.

Personally, I think trick-or-treatin is just kids dressing up and having fun. I really don't see the problem people seem to have with it.

I take it this comment is tongue in cheek?

.........Do you really believe that?

Clearly you dont have teenagers in Ireland going round to houses of single 60+ women and knocking on the door and demanding a fiver or they will vandalise the house.

what complete and utter pile of arsebiscuits. People that spout this kind of nonsensical scaremongering need psychiatric help

It depends. 5 year old with their parents visiting relatives and friends is no problem. Going to strangers is akin to beggin, you can't really argue that.

When you get 10/15 year olds doing it then yes it is extortion. If they did it any other night of the year they will get told to feck off.

Clearly you dont have teenagers in Ireland going round to houses of single 60+ women and knocking on the door and demanding a fiver or they will vandalise the house.

That isn't trick-or-treating, that's just thuggery.

It depends. 5 year old with their parents visiting relatives and friends is no problem. Going to strangers is akin to beggin, you can't really argue that.

I don't see it that way at all tbh, but I can understand people having that perception in the UK

When you get 10/15 year olds doing it then yes it is extortion. If they did it any other night of the year they will get told to feck off.

They still get told to feck off out of it if they knock my door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670