Halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Any trick and treaters are scum, I don't care if their six months old.Tramps.

So you wont be knocking on my door tonight then?

We've had the first already - teenagers I recognised - polite, seemed happy enough with the packets of chocolate buttons. :icon_bigg No one gets money here.

Got my sniper ready.

Really?
I got ready for it by just getting a few big bags of sweets from the pound shop.

They knock the door dressed up, I tell them they look scary, I give them a few sweets, they go away happy.

I really don't get people's problem with it.

Really?
I got ready for it by just getting a few big bags of sweets from the pound shop.

They knock the door dressed up, I tell them they look scary, I give them a few sweets, they go away happy.

I'd kick off if someone snippered my two adorable little sisters. Utterly harmless fun.

Really?

I don't mind it here, the kids generally are grateful for the sweets I've got ready.

However when I lived in Leicester kids took exception to the fact that I didn't open the door faster enough (I was putting the offspring to bed) and poured water through my letter box and, as I discovered the next day, covered my car in flour, which made a real mess on the paintwork when mixed with the overnight rain.
One year when I was out I came home to find eggs had been thrown at the house.

when I lived in Leicester kids took exception to the fact that I didn't open the door faster enough (I was putting the offspring to bed) and poured water through my letter box and, as I discovered the next day, covered my car in flour, which made a real mess on the paintwork when mixed with the overnight rain.
One year when I was out I came home to find eggs had been thrown at the house.

In fairness though, that's nothing to do with Halloween, that's just scumbags behaving like ****s.

If it was done properly then it wouldn't be so bad, but how does "Trick or Treat" mean "give me some sweets"?

Halloween = worst day of the year.

If it was done properly then it wouldn't be so bad

'Properly'??? What on Earth do you mean? :102:

how does "Trick or Treat" mean "give me some sweets"?

Huh? It doesn't mean "give me some sweets".
It's a tradition to give kids a treat or they'll play a trick on you.

The clues are all there CF, I'm amazed that you find it so confusing.

Halloween = worst day of the year.

:icon_conf How is it? Did something terrible happen to you on Halloween? Or do you just not like to see children enjoying themselves?

****ing bizarre

Last edited:
No trick or treaters here (well I haven't seen any) so Halloween passes here rather without notice. Which I think is great, I don't want anything to do with it.

Last edited:
had one tonight. Times are a changing

We had 6 groups of kids, all supervised, all dressed up, I pretended to be scared, told them they were awful scary looking, dropped sweets into their bags and they went on their way.

My young one came back with her own bag full of sweets and goodies, delighted with herself and she'd had a great time.

I'd love to know what specific problem anybody could have with that.
Bonfires, fireworks, kids dressing up and having fun. Where's the issue?

We had 6 groups of kids, all supervised, all dressed up, I pretended to be scared, told them they were awful scary looking, dropped sweets into their bags and they went on their way.

My young one came back with her own bag full of sweets and goodies, delighted with herself and she'd had a great time.

You forgot your strongest argument, Macky - the religious people don't like it.:icon_wink

You forgot your strongest argument, Macky - the religious people don't like it.:icon_wink

Hahaha, I like it.
Strangely enough, the Church knows better than to try to interfere with festivals like this, they've existed for a lot longer than Catholicism has. If anything they've tried to incorporate it by inventing All souls day. The same as they've done with all of the other pagan festivals, like Christmas and Easter.

Happy Halloween everybody, or as we say in Irish Samhain shona duit (pronounced: sah-wan honna dit)

I don't want to be bothered every ten seconds on a Saturday (or any other) evening by avaricious little ****s, that's my problem.

In fairness though, that's nothing to do with Halloween, that's just scumbags behaving like ****s.

Funny how often it happens on October 31st though isn't it?

The issue, Mackster, is the kids who are obviously too old to be going round strangers' houses and scrounging sweets and money. I don't mind a few toddlers in costume accompanied by their mums (also occasionally in costume, which makes it a bit more interesting), but I do mind a bunch of WKD-drinking 15-year-olds demanding a quid apiece not to throw eggs at the front door.

For me, most teenagers can **** off at the best of times, but when they've got flour nicked out of their mum's kitchen and are dumping it all over people's cars and opening shop doors and throwing eggs inside just because the calendar tells them they're allowed to, they all need killing.

I had eggs chucked at my window on Friday night.
That was feck all to do with Halloween. When i spoke to the local beat bobbies, i suggested that maybe if they spoke to their parents, it might have an effect.
The policewoman replied.....' regarding their parents, butter wouldnt melt in their kids mouths '
I told the policewoman that i knew that a young gang that congregates in a certain were responsible, of which she said ' yes we know them' . Well if thats the case why cant you bloody do something about it.
Its the sort of response that makes you feel helpless, and in need of your own vengeance
Maybe the parents will be more concerned when i go around to their houses with my own supply of chuckies.
Sad also that an house was targeted not far from me a couple of weeks ago. The unfortunate victims had their property pelted with about 6 eggs. Even more sad that the elderly couple ( in their 80's) were left scared shitless by it. So much so it gave the old lady an angina attack.
Imo we have lost our streets to ferel youths and their gangs. We should be a lot tougher with them, because at the moment they are having one giant laugh at society, knowing they are practically untouchable.

Totally agree.

I had eggs chucked at my window on Friday night.
That was feck all to do with Halloween. When i spoke to the local beat bobbies, i suggested that maybe if they spoke to their parents, it might have an effect.
The policewoman replied.....' regarding their parents, butter wouldnt melt in their kids mouths '
I told the policewoman that i knew that a young gang that congregates in a certain were responsible, of which she said ' yes we know them' . Well if thats the case why cant you bloody do something about it.
Its the sort of response that makes you feel helpless, and in need of your own vengeance
Maybe the parents will be more concerned when i go around to their houses with my own supply of chuckies.
Sad also that an house was targeted not far from me a couple of weeks ago. The unfortunate victims had their property pelted with about 6 eggs. Even more sad that the elderly couple ( in their 80's) were left scared shitless by it. So much so it gave the old lady an angina attack.
Imo we have lost our streets to ferel youths and their gangs. We should be a lot tougher with them, because at the moment they are having one giant laugh at society, knowing they are practically untouchable.

I am disgusted by this - it all sounds like a far bigger issue you have locally than a Halloween problem?

We had huge problems in our area, and community policing with a sprinkle of CCTV and better lighting has helped a lot. Also, the setting up of a few community events and also a boxing club for the local chavs. The boxing club is mobile (inflatable ring) and can turn a community centre/Sally Army hall in to a place where these kids can a) vent some frustration b) get a strict male role model and c) get off the streets.

Good luck, sounds you need help there, you pay a lot of tax, we all do in the UK - you deserve better, and your neighbours deserve a lot better.

I agree! Only one popped round all night, on her own she was about 14/15. I thought it was a bit odd but she was all dressed up in a ghost type thing.

Did see some little kiddies dressed up with their Dad.

Its a nice sense of community when people do it properly. unlike the jobs

As for BB!
My old man used to live in North Fields his car was nicked plently of times so much in fact he forced him not to get a new one. Apparently the police knew the gangs that did it to the estate but couldnt do anything about it. Apparently one story goes that they did once catch them in the act but let them go as he was apparently getting bullied at school. Utter tosh.

I am disgusted by this - it all sounds like a far bigger issue you have locally than a Halloween problem?

We had huge problems in our area, and community policing with a sprinkle of CCTV and better lighting has helped a lot. Also, the setting up of a few community events and also a boxing club for the local chavs. The boxing club is mobile (inflatable ring) and can turn a community centre/Sally Army hall in to a place where these kids can a) vent some frustration b) get a strict male role model and c) get off the streets.

Good luck, sounds you need help there, you pay a lot of tax, we all do in the UK - you deserve better, and your neighbours deserve a lot better.

Tbf its not normally bad where i live, but every so often you have a phase where young kids/youths cause problems.
About 3 years ago, front garden walls were being kicked down. This happened over a 2 month period in summer and as never happened since.
Half the time you get this bollox about kids being bored, and it winds me up. They have everything these days, and things that i could only have dreamed about when i was younger.

Imo we have deep rooted problems in this country with kids/youths and discipline. There are as been a massive decline in schools regarding discipline since my days, and the kids are brought up without fear of authority. Parents should take more responsibilty as well, if their kids have done wrong they should chastise them, rather than defend them.

Tbf its not normally bad where i live, but every so often you have a phase where young kids/youths cause problems.
About 3 years ago, front garden walls were being kicked down. This happened over a 2 month period in summer and as never happened since.
Half the time you get this bollox about kids being bored, and it winds me up. They have everything these days, and things that i could only have dreamed about when i was younger.

Imo we have deep rooted problems in this country with kids/youths and discipline. There are as been a massive decline in schools regarding discipline since my days, and the kids are brought up without fear of authority. Parents should take more responsibilty as well, if their kids have done wrong they should chastise them, rather than defend them.

most kids are fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670