Hartlepool (Home)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thinking dorpping Martin should be the best solution that way he can improve and win his way back into the team

He's let in 3 goals,we have one of the best defensive records in the League,seems slightly odd.Can't quite see how making the Goalie the Scapegoat is going to inprove other areas of the pitch

I thinking dorpping Martin should be the best solution that way he can improve and win his way back into the team

As we don't have any competitive reserve fixtures I fail to see how that is going to happen

With Martin's kicking I can only assume he has been told to kick it towards the touchline, otherwise he would take them from the other side and aim for the middle of the pitch.

You might recall that Henderson spent the latter half of last season doing precisely the same thing - with all 20 outfield players standing within about two metres of each other on the touchline every time we took a goal kick

Common denominator, anyone ?

Martin

Gilbert
Tunchev
Morrison
Berner

Gradel
Oakley
Adams
Dyer

Howard
Fryatt

SUBS: Henderson, Hobbs, King, Dickov, DJ

The only area IMO that needs looking at is central midfield, it just isn't working.
NP works with the players day in and day out and knows far more than any of us, but if I was to make any change it would be Kish for King.
I know he is not every bodies cup of tea, but let him play the defensive role and get some tackles in, let Oakley get forward. He is also an older head, against Millwall I thought our inexperience was plain to see, we just did not know how to handle it.
King will come good, just think he is too alike to Oakley and needs to learn to tackle.

Martin

Gilbert
Tunchev
Morrison
Berner

Gradel
Oakley
Kish
Dyer

Howard
Fryatt

Martin's kicking is just generally dreadful. At point, one simple square pass to Hobbs went out for a throw-in.

As a general rule of thumb goalies are taught to kick the towards the touchline. That's the basics....they should be able to reach the strikers no probs at this level IMO

Why does everyone think that a negative comment about a player is scapegoating. For me, there are three or four players who could better but on the whole, I'm happy-ish with the team. Don't see how it can be scapegoating as long as we keep up this type of form.

Martin's kicking is just generally dreadful. At point, one simple square pass to Hobbs went out for a throw-in.

As a general rule of thumb goalies are taught to kick the towards the touchline. That's the basics....they should be able to reach the strikers no probs at this level IMO

Why does everyone think that a negative comment about a player is scapegoating. For me, there are three or four players who could better but on the whole, I'm happy-ish with the team. Don't see how it can be scapegoating as long as we keep up this type of form.

Bearing in mind he started out as a defender when he was with Tottenham I would have expected his kicking to be significantly better than it is.

Martin

Gilbert Morrison Tunchev Berner

Adams Oakley King Dyer

Howard Fryatt

SUBS: Henderson, Hobbs, Campbell, Wesolowki, Gradel (Kish if Gradel is injured)

There's always the option of Martin rolling the ball to one of the defenders, and we build from the back.

My take on that, is that we don't have the confidence to pass it through the field, with the players we have.

The defence is the only area that i have confidence with at the moment. The midfield is weak, especially Oakley, who is not captain material, King is woeful and Weso doesn't fill me with confidence. Wingers are hit and miss, and with Gradel still learning and Adams woeful, we are not giving the right type of ball into the forwards. Levi needs to be given a run out The forwards worry me, Fryatt is trying to do it all himself (shows lack of confidence with his partners), DJ has not done anything of any substance since he came here. Howard is hit and miss and Dickov hasn't been given a chance in the position we know hes good at.

Hartlepool will be a tough test. I will be checking the commentary in between my Rum Punches.........

There's always the option of Martin rolling the ball to one of the defenders, and we build from the back.

My take on that, is that we don't have the confidence to pass it through the field, with the players we have.

The defence is the only area that i have confidence with at the moment. The midfield is weak, especially Oakley, who is not captain material, King is woeful and Weso doesn't fill me with confidence. Wingers are hit and miss, and with Gradel still learning and Adams woeful, we are not giving the right type of ball into the forwards. Levi needs to be given a run out The forwards worry me, Fryatt is trying to do it all himself (shows lack of confidence with his partners), DJ has not done anything of any substance since he came here. Howard is hit and miss and Dickov hasn't been given a chance in the position we know hes good at.

Hartlepool will be a tough test. I will be checking the commentary in between my Rum Punches.........

Adams most certainly was not woeful at Orient - his enthusiasm won us the game IMO.

With Martin's kicking I can only assume he has been told to kick it towards the touchline, otherwise he would take them from the other side and aim for the middle of the pitch.

Just before the keeper takes a goal kick, all of the outfield players, home and away, go over to where the ball is going to be put. Just once, I would like to see Max Gradel stay out on his own on the right wing, Martin knock it over to him instead of to the hordes on the left touchline, Gradel receive the ball and run through unchallenged to tuck the ball away.

Just before the keeper takes a goal kick, all of the outfield players, home and away, go over to where the ball is going to be put. Just once, I would like to see Max Gradel stay out on his own on the right wing, Martin knock it over to him instead of to the hordes on the left touchline, Gradel receive the ball and run through unchallenged to tuck the ball away.

great thats saturdays tactics sorted, what do we think about wembley then?:102:

I thought Adams was one of our better players against Lincoln.

Yeah he looked good, his final ball left plenty to be desired though.

I'd go for Wesolowski in for King on Tuesday's showing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570