Holloway out or How much longer would you give Holloway as Manager?

How much longer would you give Holloway as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Holloway out

As expected, hysteria has shown it's face, opinions have been called ludicrous, high horses have been ridden, moral high ground has been populated, ignorance has been displayed, but worst of all, Steven tried to raise a debate and gets slammed. Inequality between the way people are treated is again an issue, and the inarticulate resort to throwing toys instead of engaging in conversation.

This place is a joke sometimes.

Totally agree but one persons view is another persons ignorance or even opinion everyone is entitled to theirs even if others think it wrong.Debate is the art of discussion without throwing your toys out but yiou have to take in both sides not just your own

As expected, hysteria has shown it's face, opinions have been called ludicrous, high horses have been ridden, moral high ground has been populated, ignorance has been displayed, but worst of all, Steven tried to raise a debate and gets slammed. Inequality between the way people are treated is again an issue, and the inarticulate resort to throwing toys instead of engaging in conversation.

Surely thats the beauty of opinions, some will think yours is ludicrous, or are we all supposed to agree.

I think that the whole IH out scenario is crazy and i have no hesitance in saying so.

Does this mean im ignorant?

It seems to me that the question has been answered quite resoundingly.

Can we please close this thread and let it sink to the bottom of the pile as it seriously highlights the pathetic trend of judging people so quickly that has crept into this club.

I ****ing hate the way our fans are acting these days, peoples stupid expectations after 10 ****ing games is so unreasonable it is seriously effecting my enjoyment (as much as the shit players) of supporting my club.

Anyone who thinks that a 1/4 of a season is enough time knows absolutley nothing about football and seriously needs to take a look at themselves and the type of team they support.

This club will take more than 2.5 bloody months to sort out. We can all see how much damage has been done over the last few years and im sure most of us are intelligent enough to realise it will take a damn site more planning and action that what has currently been seen.

IH is 5 DAYS into remoulding this steaming pile of shite into a polished football team, i will press anyone not willilling to give him the time to offer me an alternative who they think could do it in 10 games.

Lets face it, if you cant offer a suggestion, and there is no alternative, then this club would be going straight back to square one AGAIN, into a possition where non of us want to be, in a posstion where the new manager comes in and says ' there is a lot of work to do' AGAIN.

Lets all remember what support is all about, it has been lost (and over the past years i can see why) im not talking about being loud down the Walkers, im not even talking about turning up, im talking about having enough about us as a group of fans to remember what giving someone real time really is, and the results that it may well bring.

This should just be copied and pasted into any more of these ****ing stupid threads about getting rid of Holloway.

You can't do it Steven, you can't put up a post asking for a debate anymore.

This forum is full of people who will hysterically jump down your throat assuming you're asking for their god to be sacked.

And also people who think that anyone who isn't saying "sack the manager" must love Holloway, think he's amazing and that everything will be just dandy.

Sacking Holloway now would be beyond stupid.

We've tried changing the manager every 6 weeks, it doesn't work. Doesn't make me a massive fan of him, and things need improve, but sacking him now is in my mind not even an option.

Ridiculous idea. Part of the reason we've ended up with such an unbalanced, clueless side is that we've had so many different managers, all coming in with different ideas and different player preferences. No one knows where they stand.
Even if the current manager isn't the best, at least give time for some stability, players to settle into roles and hopefully our team can regain some balance it's lost over the last few years.

Last edited:

In defence of the people you mention Stephens thread title isn't exactly there to start a debate, it was meant to invoke a reaction. If he wanted a debate, it should be phrased as a question for starters :icon_wink

I think we should give him until the end of next season at least. If we haven't finished in the top 8-10 next season, then we can get rid.

I don't think relegation will happen this season, let's not panic yet.

And also people who think that anyone who isn't saying "sack the manager" must love Holloway, think he's amazing and that everything will be just dandy.

We've tried changing the manager every 6 weeks, it doesn't work. Doesn't make me a massive fan of him, and things need improve, but sacking him now is in my mind not even an option.

Ridiculous idea. Part of the reason we've ended up with such an unbalanced, clueless side is that we've had so many different managers, all coming in with different ideas and different player preferences. No one knows where they stand.
Even if the current manager isn't the best, at least give time for some stability, players to settle into roles and hopefully our team can regain some balance it's lost over the last few years.

You speak some sense Graz. I have not entered into the debate as I believe it to be pointless right now. Not that I am having go a at Steven or anyone else, you are all entitled to your opinions - I am increasingly concerned about results and performances, but am currently prepared to give IH a lot more time to get it right.

:038::038:My other half's from bristol so her family absolutely love the bloke. Hence for xmas i get a nice shiny hardback copy of his autobiography. in fairness i thought he was a bit of a character who'd done well with limited resources at plymouth - other than that judgement reserved.

admitedly writing a book with hindsight can turn you into mystic meg, but every player he wanted (not always got) at bristol rovers and qpr have gone onto better things, he's a bloody strong bloke and his determination really comes through. people may point out his nutty quotes and claim he's a one trick pony- but the first proper one about getting the ugly bird into the taxi, was apparently used to shift the press attention away from one of his players - maybe a bit of genius in there amid the madness.

as i said its all his own words so he could make out he'd have been jose mourinho given a bit of cash but he's got an eye for a player, knows his own mind and how he wants his team to play and looks after his players. given a fair crack at it he'll see us right IMO - just hope our unrealistic expectations don't end up screwing us over.

The MON era was one of those periods every club has where everything just works - look at swindon, oldham, ipswich etc. all had a good spell in recent memory and have dropped away just like ourselves. Its about time we appreciated them as good times, the glory days etc, rather than expecting them to reappear over night. sure its something to aim for but theres no way we have a divine right to be in the premiership - as said countless times we need stability and some common sense management. the squad IH inherited was crap, and he's going to have to change it, judge the bloke when he's had a fair go of it with his own team, his own tactics etc we need one manager for a couple of years whether we stay up or not....

(I shall now stand and face the wall ready to be shot down)

can one of our statisticians give us the Martin O'Neill's results after 13 (Sheffield United at home?) games..

i'm not attempting to compare IH with MON but there was a need for a change agenda then and there is now...I am usually optimistic and welcomed IH's enthusiasm and passion and his stated desire to change the structure of the club.. however I am becoming increasingly concerned that he may be out of his depth in some areas and worryingly I'm beginning to question his ability to motivate and focus the players....all the tactical changes in the first half today would surely raise the eyebrows of more than just the older and wiser members of the squad ....

we are all desperate for the start of a winning run and some semblance of shape to the team and stability within the club....I hope and want to believe that can be accomplished with Ollie at the reigns and MM's cash...

maybe the MON comparison after a similar period would be of some comfort...

A very good point. Thank goodness the board did not panic and sack O'Neill. We have underachieved for seasons. It will take time to create a successful club.

You speak some sense Graz. I have not entered into the debate as I believe it to be pointless right now. Not that I am having go a at Steven or anyone else, you are all entitled to your opinions - I am increasingly concerned about results and performances, but am currently prepared to give IH a lot more time to get it right.

I think the nest 2 games will break or make us, I'm not confident.

The more I read Holloways quotes and interveiws, the more I think he is clueless + out of his depth.

Leicester are a bigger club than he has played at or managed, some managers with that back ground make it, others...

If we had not gone through so many managers, the fans would be calling for his head.

Pizzed me off bigging up Cort then booting him out of the club.

Time to pray

The more I read Holloways quotes and interveiws, the more I think he is clueless + out of his depth.

Leicester are a bigger club than he has played at or managed, some managers with that back ground make it, others...
I don't think this arguement stands up to be honest.

Do we really think a manager who has played and managed at all the big grounds and against all the big teams will suddenly panic when he realizes that the stands at the Walkers are larger than at his previous job?

The only thing big about LCFC at the moment is the expectation level...

TBH, i have just about lost all my excitment for city right now, but sacking IH wud be just stupid, just like every other manager we've had this season, he needs more than a few weeks, but i can garuntee he'll keep till end of season...
btw on a different note, has our "best defensive record" in the league gone out the window since smegson left???

Pizzed me off bigging up Cort then booting him out of the club.

He didn't "big up" Cort, he said he shouldn't have been treated the way he was, and that he'd been playing with an injury because we had no other options. Doesn't mean he thought he was a good player. The point he was making was the way treating a player like that can also affect other players, particularly the youngsters.

He didn't "big up" Cort, he said he shouldn't have been treated the way he was, and that he'd been playing with an injury because we had no other options. Doesn't mean he thought he was a good player. The point he was making was the way treating a player like that can also affect other players, particularly the youngsters.

Spot on. Can you just be wrong for once Jeff, it's starting to annoy me. :icon_wink

we are not in the position (like newcastle are) to throw away strongminded and passionate managers willynilly ANYMORE!

Lets face facts.
1.We are no longer a premiership club anymore.so lets not act suprised when we are at the smelly end of the table when we play sh*t football.

2.we do not have one player that will have any sustainable quality in the premiership.(PERHAPS Richard Stearman, and thats a fu*kin HUGE perhaps-so don't hold me to that)
or as we see,week-in week-out..we can hardly hold our weight this division either!

We DO however,have the best and highest supporting interest than most,if not all of the smelly clubs around us (i am still shocked at this but long may it last!!) that is the only bonus about being 'leicester til i die' at this moment, knowing that i am not alone in standing in the terrace..watching OUR club..

Ian Holloway has my respect and i believe he should have all of ours.not because i like him.not because he's shown me or anyone else that he's a brilliant 'man manager'.
But because he's a leicester manager and he WANTS to be a leicester manager....and to tell you the truth,that means a hell of alot in this era of football...he could of stuck with his guns at plymouth. lol i think i would of if i wer him,the way he's treated in this "Re: Holloway out?" bullcr*p

Moral is low,the only thing we need do, is support the shirt til we die!

Holloway out?.. FU*K that m8,

BLUE ARMY!

we are not in the position (like newcastle are) to throw away strongminded and passionate managers willynilly ANYMORE!

Lets face facts.
1.We are no longer a premiership club anymore.so lets not act suprised when we are at the smelly end of the table when we play sh*t football.

2.we do not have one player that will have any sustainable quality in the premiership.(PERHAPS Richard Stearman, and thats a fu*kin HUGE perhaps-so don't hold me to that)
or as we see,week-in week-out..we can hardly hold our weight this division either!

We DO however,have the best and highest supporting interest than most,if not all of the smelly clubs around us (i am still shocked at this but long may it last!!) that is the only bonus about being 'leicester til i die' at this moment, knowing that i am not alone in standing in the terrace..watching OUR club..

Ian Holloway has my respect and i believe he should have all of ours.not because i like him.not because he's shown me or anyone else that he's a brilliant 'man manager'.
But because he's a leicester manager and he WANTS to be a leicester manager....and to tell you the truth,that means a hell of alot in this era of football...he could of stuck with his guns at plymouth. lol i think i would of if i wer him,the way he's treated in this "Re: Holloway out?" bullcr*p

Moral is low,the only thing we need do, is support the shirt til we die!

Holloway out?.. FU*K that m8,

BLUE ARMY!

:038: thank u sir, thank u:038:

We have changed manager several times lately, and we have gained nothing from it. IMO It's not the manager that is causing us problems, it's the players who don't want to be here. I will go into more detail soon.

Yes, Wolves now have a better defensive record than us.

The ones who have scored about 8 goals in 13 before today. Eeek.

My ghast is truly flabbered. How can anyone think that another change of manager would be beneficial?
Read between the jokes and it is clear that Holloway knows what the problem is and has a plan to fix it. This puts him several steps ahead of any Leicester manager for some time. Holloway has had five days of his first transfer window, is the first man at the club to notice that 64 right backs and two midfielders is a strange balance and is trying to put that right.
It is time to be honest, Arsene Wenger with Alex Ferguson as assistant, couldn't put this club back together in a couple of weeks. We will move away from the foot of the table this season, but little else. Keep the management team in place and next season will be better BUT, it still may take another to gain promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669