Holloway out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admit that the WBA prompted me to give it a go yesterday. All I saw was a team of relatively well paid players with a seasoning of very experienced players outplayed after the first few minutes by what has been described as ambitious mainly younger players. We were fortunate to get away with 0-2

Basically, not much different to what i have generally seen before this season.

I've just had a glimpse of the learned Sunday Mirror which contains a knocking piece against Leicester for contemplating a managerial change after 4 months. I understand that argument, but after 20 odd games you would hope to see some improvement and yet there isn't any when you come down to the bottom line of results.

I think there has to be a serious attitude problem amongst the first team squad and my assumption is that Holloway is largely the victim of this situation in the sense that there has been a bad attitude problem long before he arrived. The culture is all wrong at The Walkers. I'm long past spending late nights on the club scene but we do seem to have consistent reports of wannabe young "stars" swanning around in absurdly expensive cars before games and after games when we have just been stuffed. I can certainly say that we have had loan players and imports who look absolutely uninterested in playing for Leicester - John and Cort were classic examples. I except Hendrie where I suppose there is a motivation driven by fear that his career was going down the shute.

In all of the above, Holloway comes across as an increasingly helpless and somewhat forlorn byestander. My conclusion is that it needs a much stronger manager than Holloway. One or two posters have suggested that we have had too many 'up and coming' managers and perhaps need an experienced old head. I think that may well be right. I think we need someone who could say "Look I don't have a great deal to prove, but you players do" and myjob is to sort you out. As Melton has been saying for ages, we have a crazy situation where almost every player who arrives deteriorates. This must be about getting drawn into the wrong culture. There must be quite a number of 'bad apples' in the dressing room and irrespective of whether we are relegated or not, these need to be removed before the start of next season.

i agrre with redditch about needing a stronger manager, all the succesful managers in the division are more experience or just boring and dour like the division itself. ollie is an over emotional fruit, and as much as i like the bloke i think he's only gotten as far as he has by over-achieving with mediocre clubs. now the time has come for him to be a big boy and take a step up, and has he succeeded? has he bollocks

. ollie is an over emotional fruit

That says it all.

I just can't imagine his sort of personality cutting it with the players at Leicester where there is a delusion that they are better than they are and/ or have played at a higher level than Ollie has managed.

It's a shame because I'm sure that he is a very decent bloke and it would have been great if he could have carried on in his winning Plymouth ways.

However, as always, we supporters are the biggest potential losers because it's this set up which will determine whether we sink into the wasteland of the third tier. The football at our present level is bad enough - I imagine the stuff in League 1 must be dire and I can see us - if relegated - continuing to be very vulnerable to hungrier sides.

Let's hope that we survive and Ollie can honourably move on.

They are good enough, your careers only die overnight if you come to City.

They were good enough last season, and by a long shot. Good enough to gain promotion, captain clubs, finish top scorer in the league etc etc. Hendry is a rejuvinated player and playing better than he has done done for a long time.

As much as I understand it, that argument carries no weight at all BB.

And IH was good enough to take an unfashionable club to 4th place in the championship. So as he destroyed the players, or have the players destroyed him. Glass half full imo.

And IH was good enough to take an unfashionable club to 4th place in the championship. So as he destroyed the players, or have the players destroyed him. Glass half full imo.

Obviously, he has some good things going for him.

The problem seems to be the set up at Leicester. It's going to take someone special to sort out this lot.

Personally i think that Milan didnt do us any favours at the start of the season. He changed his 3 year plan to wanting promotion this season. Whilst not only putting excessive pressure on the players and manager he also lulled the fans into false expectations. Even in the early part of the season when we were within easy reach of the top boys, there were moans and groans. The fact that Milan wanted promotion deluded the fans into believing him. From the moment auto promotion and then the play-offs slipped away the fans were gripped with negativety. All the frustrations of an abysmal season following on from the previous diabolical campaigns, have resulted in all confidence being sucked out of the club at every single level.

Last edited:
I don't care about Plymouth, or history.

I thought Clint Eastwood was fcucking excellent in A Fistful of Dollars, he was however a complete cnut in A Perfect World. Why?, I don't know, maybe the director chose the wrong man?, maybe the film was never gonna work out whoever played his role.

Was I stupid enough to like the film just because he was good in A Fistful of Dollars?, No, I can only judge him on what's in front of me.

I don't care about Plymouth, or history.

I thought Clint Eastwood was fcucking excellent in A Fistful of Dollars, he was however a complete cnut in A Perfect World. Why?, I don't know, maybe the director chose the wrong man?, maybe the film was never gonna work out whoever played his role.

Was I stupid enough to like the film just because he was good in A Fistful of Dollars?, No, I can only judge him on what's in front of me.

But same goes for the players. No good living on at what they done at other clubs.

But same goes for the players. No good living on at what they done at other clubs.
As I've said, the players we have got are in general "goodish" players, some of the best in this division, and should be able to beat every team.

As I've also said, they're professionals, not amateurs, they must accept a massive amount of responsibilty for their performances. Even more so if they are playing in their correct positions and in their favoured formations.

As I've said, the players we have got are in general "goodish" players, some of the best in this division, and should be able to beat every team.

As I've also said, they're professionals, not amateurs, they must accept a massive amount of responsibilty for their performances. Even more so if they are playing in their correct positions and in their favoured formations.

But you're only basing that on performances at other clubs, they've certainly not showed those qualities here

Exactly what i'm saying. Where is the evidence that these players can do the business anymore.

I think the games against Norwich, WBA etc. show that these players can do the business, but unfortunately it seems to be only when it suits them.

Ive played football at a decent standard, and if you lost faith in your manager, or are reluctant to believe what hes telling you, you will under perform.

Are you suggesting that none of them has the pride in themselves (if not the shirt) to perform?

Maybe just maybe the desire in some of our players is not at the level required anymore.

Same at most levels in football now. Too much money going in wages equals less need to do well.

But you're only basing that on performances at other clubs, they've certainly not showed those qualities here

Over the years I'm sure we could all pick out quite a lot of players that have been brought in and for whom we have had quite high expectations and these have not been realised.

The difference these days is that nearly all the arrivals seem to sink to the generally poor level.

We don't know what goes on on the training ground and what sort of atmosphere exists in the dressing room - but surely there must be a deep seated problem?

I think the games against Norwich, WBA etc. show that these players can do the business, but unfortunately it seems to be only when it suits them.

And what about the 30+ other games where they haven't done it. Any team at the bottom can produce the odd good result.

Are you suggesting that none of them has the pride in themselves (if not the shirt) to perform?

You would hope they have enough pride to want to win at least.But these modern day players have it easy.If the results dont go the right way, its the manager that gets to leave.They have good contracts and some arent bothered to much at sitting on the bench, while drawing a wage till they move on, or are sold.

It seems to me that clubs with small budgets and players trying to get up the wage ladder are excelling, while clubs like us with high wage earners cant get motivated.

Just a thought.

Just found this says Dowie to be revealed as new manager at the walkers..

http://www.fansonline.net/coventrycity/article.php?id=166

http://fansonline.net/leicestercity/article.php?id=284

Please dont shoot the messenger.:icon_roll

...well have said all along if Milan want's to pull the trigger he will, nowt we can do about it, think Ollie ought to stay but will support 100% whoever comes in, even if it's The Gargoyle, the club bigger than any one man, except MON of course ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669