Holloway out

Status
Not open for further replies.
...well have said all along if Milan want's to pull the trigger he will, nowt we can do about it, think Ollie ought to stay but will support 100% whoever comes in

One of Milans fellow countrymen (or at least a near neighbour!), Slaven Bilic would be ideal :)

Same at most levels in football now. Too much money going in wages equals less need to do well.

I dd leave the game yesterday and had to walk through the car park where the players cars were. After such a dismal performance where the players clearly gave up in the last 10 mins or so, it is just shocking to see the wealth sat there in terms of wheels - Etuhu, Hayles, Stearman and Clemence all have cars with personalised plates and worth at least 30k - after yesterday, I felt like running a key down the side of them all!

Ive played football at a decent standard, and if you lost faith in your manager, or are reluctant to believe what hes telling you, you will under perform.

But if that same group of players under-performs under manager after manager, it is necessary to look back at the players themselves.

All our negativity is obviously putting a bad karma on the team.(Or summat)

I know you're being sarcastic, but I don't think you're far out there. Throughout the past 4/5 seasons we have had different players, different managers, different owners etc but we still witness the same shit every week. I think our fans are too reminiscent of the MON glory days and think that we're a Premiership club when we blatently aren't. I think this level of expectation is similar to why England and Newcastle are so wank, regardless of how the squad looks on paper.

I tihnk a lot of the younger generation obviously don't have many recollections of the season before MON but I certainly don't believe the majority can't see beyond the MON years.

IMO, the majority are disappointed that the club has been on a downward slope since our last venture into the top flight, and it's not like the odd season where we struggled in this league in years gone by, it's the fact that for at least four years there has been a deterioration in regards to the performances on the pitch.

It wouldn't be so bad if we were just 'static', being a middle of the table side, but(and I know I'm not as old as some on here so only have my years of support to go on) but I can't remember it being as bad as this for such a lengthy period of time.

The negativity has only arisen because of what we are watching, it's not the cause of it.

The negativity has only arisen because of what we are watching, it's not the cause of it.

That may have been true. It may no longer be true.

Yes, of course when the fans aren't being given 100% from the players, it will make them more fickle in their views.

It works both ways, but ultimately, the fans needs to be shown something, ANYTHING from the team, it certainly shouldn't be down to us all the time to create the sort of atmosphere that is wanted.

Sooner or later it gets to the point of why should we bother if they don't?

Yes, of course when the fans aren't being given 100% from the players, it will make them more fickle in their views.

It works both ways, but ultimately, the fans needs to be shown something, ANYTHING from the team, it certainly shouldn't be down to us all the time to create the sort of atmosphere that is wanted.

Sooner or later it gets to the point of why should we bother if they don't?

I agree - and, in the absence of anything to arrest it, the slide becomes self-perpetuating.

I think our fans are too reminiscent of the MON glory days and think that we're a Premiership club when we blatently aren't.

Anyone who knew anything about the history of Leicester Citywould be aware that we are a club that has shifted between the top two tiers. There have been longish periods well before Martin O'Neill's era when we have been more than just members of the top flight but extremely successful in the top tier - times in the 20's and 30's; through much of the 1960's (Gillies era) and also the 1970's (Bloomfield) era - other managers have won promotion too including Wallace, Milne and Little. So - any implication that we should be resigned to second tier football is inappropriate and inaccurate. We have been to use the cliche a yo yo club which aspires to have a more permanent place in the top division.

Regretably through sheer bad management at chair, directors and manager levels we imploded after O'Neill left; Mick Adams did a brilliant job to get us up again; but since that season we have had poor management. What is special about the current situation is that we are facing relegation to the third tier and yet have spent serious money in terms of wages and fees. Holloway has only been in post for around four months and normally you would say that this is too short a time to judge him. But the team continues to seriously under -perform and he looks as if he has lost the plot (if he ever had one). I feel on balance that Milan has left it too late to sack him this season, but should we survive I think it would be wrong to let him continue next season simply on the grounds that there is no sign that he can improve things.

Quick question Redditch, if you were in MM's shoes and Allardyce, Dowie, Newell and Davies were all ready for the taking, would you make a call?

Quick question Redditch, if you were in MM's shoes and Allardyce, Dowie, Newell and Davies were all ready for the taking, would you make a call?

I think Milan has left it too late. But he will have his reasons for that and my guess would be the lack of availability of a 'quality' manager. If Allardyce is suffering from a touch of the sun and was willing to take the risk then I'm sure that Milan would do it today - similarly with Davies. I doubt if there is any issue for Milan around keeping Holloway just for continuity - his only continuity is to fail to win most matches and basically it needs someone to knock a few heads together.

I'm not so sure about Dowie and Newell. Are they winners or just some more losers?

Anyone who knew anything about the history of Leicester Citywould be aware that we are a club that has shifted between the top two tiers. There have been longish periods well before Martin O'Neill's era when we have been more than just members of the top flight but extremely successful in the top tier - times in the 20's and 30's; through much of the 1960's (Gillies era) and also the 1970's (Bloomfield) era - other managers have won promotion too including Wallace, Milne and Little. So - any implication that we should be resigned to second tier football is inappropriate and inaccurate. We have been to use the cliche a yo yo club which aspires to have a more permanent place in the top division.

Regretably through sheer bad management at chair, directors and manager levels we imploded after O'Neill left; Mick Adams did a brilliant job to get us up again; but since that season we have had poor management. What is special about the current situation is that we are facing relegation to the third tier and yet have spent serious money in terms of wages and fees. Holloway has only been in post for around four months and normally you would say that this is too short a time to judge him. But the team continues to seriously under -perform and he looks as if he has lost the plot (if he ever had one). I feel on balance that Milan has left it too late to sack him this season, but should we survive I think it would be wrong to let him continue next season simply on the grounds that there is no sign that he can improve things.
I have been a regular for longer than i care to admit,i go back to the Bloomfield era.There have been some pretty dark days at the club before,but never with a squad of this ones supposed quality.I agree with you RF it does look as if IH doesnt seem to be able to motivate the players,maybe we need a manager who is not "One of the boys" who is more aloof and rules with a rod of iron,someone they respect.Someone in the Alex Ferguson mould,MON rarely took training left that to Robertson and the other coaches but he seemed to be able to get the best out of the players.Trouble is who would take the job if offered,nobody of recognised standard and ability thats for sure,and if they did what funds would be available,not a lot would be my guess.most of it has been squandered on poor players,agents and paying off contracts.So money would have to be self generated by selling or best young players.I really dont know what we do,but the club that I love has become a laughing stock and that hurts as much as the plight we are in,and if we sack another manager this week(Deserved or not.)The laughing will get louder

Yes I would Alex,

I would look at what Sheff Utd, Preston, QPR and Burnley have all done as well. All changed managers at around the time Holloway came here, Most of those clubs were in a worse position than us at the time, and all are safe now. Why could we not do that? The managers of those clubs have had the same amount of time to turn things round and they have done it....:102:

Alex what would you do then?

Last edited:
Regretably through sheer bad management at chair, directors and manager levels we imploded after O'Neill left

No. The signs of the implosion became obvious after MON left, but the implosion itself occurred well within his era. There was a huge and unhealthy vacuum in the leadership at board level as a result of the fiasco of the battle for control between Sir Rodney Walker and John Elsom on the one hand and the so-called Gang of Four, Ray Parker, Barrie Pierpoint, Phil Smith and Gilbert Kinch, on the other.

The club has never recovered.

I feel on balance that Milan has left it too late to sack him this season, but should we survive I think it would be wrong to let him continue next season simply on the grounds that there is no sign that he can improve things.

I am sure that you don't need me to remind you that Rob Kelly was still our manager a year ago and that he was relieved of his responsibilities at an even later stage of last season - having already achieved enough points that were proved to have kept us safe from relegation.

I continue to believe however that the club and its supporters are not being sensible in their aims at the moment. The constant fervour for promotion to the Premier League does us no favours when our realistic need is to avoid relegation to League One.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669