Holloway out

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is exactly how I feel, it seems almost certain that he is gonna be gone in the morning.

He seems to consistantly pick players who are either out of position or playing badly, when we're losing so often changing things around won't make it any worse. All this after complaining constantly at the start about 'square pegs in round holes' he now does it all the ****ing time, after he's had the opportunity to bring in players in those positions.

I don't give a shit who the manager is any more. We must not get relegated.

Thats the bottom line mouse....:038:

Im off to bed with a tear in my eye.

We all know why he acquired the club. I won't say bought because that would suggest that he paid something for it.

He's playing with the club. His decisions don't cost him personally. That's what fecks me off so much with him. If he was actually investing his own cash in and funding the numerous managers/players I'd have some respect for him. But he's not.

Prove what you are saying there. Because you know you can't!

Last edited:
Usually teams get a lift from a change of management - but mark my words - we will NOT. We've changed managers too many times this season and bringing in another chap will cause these players to lose any lingering will they still have.

They've already been expected to buy in to 3 (excluding various caretaker teams) different managers' ways of thinking and doing things, and won't respond to being changed around again.

We're screwed, but we'll be in an even worse position if Holloway goes now.

This is exactly how I feel, it seems almost certain that he is gonna be gone in the morning.

He seems to consistantly pick players who are either out of position or playing badly, when we're losing so often changing things around won't make it any worse. All this after complaining constantly at the start about 'square pegs in round holes' he now does it all the ****ing time, after he's had the opportunity to bring in players in those positions.

if we do, its a bloody long way back to even be an average championship club, as f*rest are experiencing, not that i feel sorry for the ****s.

MM interviewed IH, and he was given the job, You on the other hand think Mandaric hires crap on purpose and then watches his millions go down the shitter. Start thinking before you post crap like that.

i do, Pompey hated us for a while back, this takeover was always his master plan for revenge......

Mouse im the worlds biggest optimist when it comes to our club and have been a regular/season ticket holder for 35 years,and in all that time have never felt so low as i do now.In the past we have had shit teams on paper who have been orse on the pitchbut at least they appeared to care,Now we have a fair team on paper that couldnt give a toss-we will get relegated

I honestly think we have one of the best squads in this division. In Holloways own words we ahve one of the best defences, Oakley, Clemence and Hendrie are three of the best midfielders and apparently Steve Howard is the best striker in the divison.

I'm a big Ian Holloway fan but if we don't get four points out of the next two games then as much as i dislike the manager merry-go-round I can't see how his position will be tenable. The table doesn't lie and we're deep in the shite and there's only one person that shoulders the blame....the question i keep asking myself is how, as he seems to make all the right sounds and seems to have improved the squad significantly.

'On Paper'...perhaps a new thread?

Prove what you are saying there. Because you know you can't!

I'd refer you to the published accounts of Portsmouth when he was there. Why would you think that he'd fund his decisions any differently here? Any Portsmouth person with knowledge about his tenure will tell you exactly how he moves money around, remortgages assets to the hilt and generally plays financial games with ever increasing debt.

If you know so much about the club, can you confirm that the level of debt the club has grown massively over the last 12 months and that MM is not personally accountable for any of it? If you could put my mind at rest about this, I'd be genuinely appreciative.

if we do, its a bloody long way back to even be an average championship club, as f*rest are experiencing, not that i feel sorry for the ****s.

Exactly, and at the rate we're going that's where we're gonna be in 3 years time.

I'm convinced (may just be blind hope) that if we survive next season will be much better (this is said every year I know). There are the makings of a half decent side somewhere littered amongst the shite that is the first team.

That is all completely worthless if we go down, and god knows what Milan will do if that happens.

Usually teams get a lift from a change of management - but mark my words - we will NOT. We've changed managers too many times this season and bringing in another chap will cause these players to lose any lingering will they still have.

They've already been expected to buy in to 3 (excluding various caretaker teams) different managers' ways of thinking and doing things, and won't respond to being changed around again.

We're screwed, but we'll be in an even worse position if Holloway goes now.

Totally agree with you. The big difference to previous scenarios is that almost all of the players think the world of IH and really want him to stay. The benefit from changing a manager in our position is only evident when there is major upset within the squad and a change brings about a change in attitude from within it. Sacking IH now would have the exact opposite effect.

I'd refer you to the published accounts of Portsmouth when he was there. Why would you think that he'd fund his decisions any differently here? Any Portsmouth person with knowledge about his tenure will tell you exactly how he moves money around, remortgages assets to the hilt and generally plays financial games with ever increasing debt.

If you know so much about the club, can you confirm that the level of debt the club has grown massively over the last 12 months and that MM is not personally accountable for any of it? If you could put my mind at rest about this, I'd be genuinely appreciative.

If I had know all of this we could have gone and bought Cov between us then, and the profits we made could have got you out of LFE

Totally agree with you. The big difference to previous scenarios is that almost all of the players think the world of IH and really want him to stay. The benefit from changing a manager in our position is only evident when there is major upset within the squad and a change brings about a change in attitude from within it. Sacking IH now would have the exact opposite effect.

Is that absolutely true?

Why? We were in a better league position under him :icon_roll

Were we? I still have the Mercury back page on my office wall - "no wins in 10, in the bottom three, he had to go". Fairly similar I would have thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669