Holloway Staying

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how many people do you know who used to think MM was great but now, thanks to Holloway they don't?

I said that was shit, not you were shit. I was 'dissing' your post not you, so stop spitting your dummy out of the pram.

He went down in my estimation when he signed Holloway.

If I had been proved wrong and Holloway had done well, it would of made MM look better.

As he has failed in all aspects its bound to make him look bad.

When, not if he sacks him he will regain respect

Paul Lambert meant to be considering his future at Wycombe,more than likely wrong but maybe he has been approached by us

Before his first three decisions transpired to be crap, I thought he was doing well - but now I am pushed to think of a single thing that I believe Mandaric has done right.

Mandaric's judgement was in question at Portsmouth ...but he brings some money and considerable energy to clubs and that's why we had such great hopes when he came to Leicester.

Unfortunately, it has not worked out at all and I think lots of people have lost confidence. he can start to restore that confidence by removing Holloway.

Unfortunately, it has not worked out at all and I think lots of people have lost confidence. he can start to restore that confidence by removing Holloway.
I can't agree.

He doesn't regain confidence in him by performing a negative act, which sacking someone is. He does it through positive, decisive action that then pans out to be correct. His history since taking over the club is incredibly poor in this respect and thereby leads one to assume that nothing will change in the future.

To my mind, if he sacks Holloway he will simply replace him with a ****nut. An expensive ****nut.

More than sacking Holloway, I'd appreciate Mandaric selling the club to someone who gives a f*ck and has the first clue about how to run a club.

Before his first three decisions transpired to be crap, I thought he was doing well - but now I am pushed to think of a single thing that I believe Mandaric has done right.
I gather the catering has improved, so it's not all been bad, eh? Maybe that's the side of football MM is more suited to?

More than sacking Holloway, I'd appreciate Mandaric selling the club to someone who gives a f*ck and has the first clue about how to run a club.

There wasn't exactly a queue last time that we were for sale - and we were then a Championship club: who is going to give sixpence and a bent washer now?

There wasn't exactly a queue last time that we were for sale - and we were then a Championship club: who is going to give sixpence and a bent washer now?
I would have thought investment opportunities would be greater now we are down here.

Assuming the investor believes he is in a position to enable our graph to start making an up turn, of course.

I can't agree.

He doesn't regain confidence in him by performing a negative act, which sacking someone is. He does it through positive, decisive action that then pans out to be correct. His history since taking over the club is incredibly poor in this respect and thereby leads one to assume that nothing will change in the future.

To my mind, if he sacks Holloway he will simply replace him with a ****nut. An expensive ****nut.

I agree that Mandaric has proven very poor at manager appointments and the lesson I draw from that is that he shouldn't be centrally involved in future selection processes.

Unfortunately, I think that it is necessary to clear the decks before we can expect to move forward and that means clearing up Mandaric's last poor appointment.

I would imagine that Mandaric would be only too ready to sell the club - but unlike Melton, I'm doubtful if he could find any sort of buyer that would meet his requirements whilst we are in the Third Division. Given the stadium repayment issues and the wage bill, I would have thought that the main asset that the club had was the prospect of premiership money - obviously this is now a remote speck on the horizon.

Mandaric's judgement was in question at Portsmouth ...but he brings some money and considerable energy to clubs and that's why we had such great hopes when he came to Leicester.

lets be honest, he got lucky when harry redknapp agreed to go there. his decision making is rubbish

filbert as manager, birch as coach and any old random off a halifax advert will do

I think the events of this past season demonstrate just how important it is to have a strong chairman in charge of the club, it also proves that it isn't always about finance.

Mandaric has "provided" more than enough in the way of financial backing to have at least delivered a side capable of challenging for the play offs, and yet because of poor decision making and an inability to stop interfering in the football side of the business, we find ourselves relegated to league one.

Martin George on the other hand was often criticised for his tight handling of the purse strings but his managerial appointments were top notch and enabled the club to progress well within its means and was the catalyst for arguably our most successful period as a football club.

The truth is Mandaric, despite his money and influence is a poor decision maker and I fear that the longer he stays at the club the more likely we are to linger in the doldrums. Whilst there may not be a long queue waiting to buy the club, and it may well be that prospective buyers may not be able to match Mandaric's wealth, but I would rather take an owner / Chairman in the mould of Martin George than a Mandaric any day of the week.

I think the events of this past season demonstrate just how important it is to have a strong chairman in charge of the club, it also proves that it isn't always about finance.

Mandaric has "provided" more than enough in the way of financial backing to have at least delivered a side capable of challenging for the play offs, and yet because of poor decision making and an inability to stop interfering in the football side of the business, we find ourselves relegated to league one.

Martin George on the other hand was often criticised for his tight handling of the purse strings but his managerial appointments were top notch and enabled the club to progress well within its means and was the catalyst for arguably our most successful period as a football club.

The truth is Mandaric, despite his money and influence is a poor decision maker and I fear that the longer he stays at the club the more likely we are to linger in the doldrums. Whilst there may not be a long queue waiting to buy the club, and it may well be that prospective buyers may not be able to match Mandaric's wealth, but I would rather take an owner / Chairman in the mould of Martin George than a Mandaric any day of the week.

And isn't hindsight a wonderful thing!!

What sometimes amazes me with City fans is their ability to be wise after the event.

When Mandaric was first interested in buying this club, the general feel I got was of hope and happiness that this man who transformed Portsmouth FC was buying our club.

Leicester City became headline news and once the transaction was completed and we stayed in the Championship 06/07, a new era of hope emerged with the sigining of Martin Allen. Now correct me if I am wrong, but again the majority of City fans were pleased with this signing - a manager with the nickname Mad Dog must be half decent we thought.

And not only that, but we then go and sign 14 new players - Leicester City are going to be back in the Premiership before we know it..................but I guess we all know what happened next!

My point is people are quick to forget how they felt at the time, but are even quicker to say I told you so, or I'd rather have a Martin George than a Milan Mandaric - I bet you would not have said that 12 months ago.

And its the same with new players - when we signed Oakley, Howard, Hendrie most of us were pleased with these signings as we thought they would be good additions to the squad. All I here now is that its Holloways fault for signing a load of dudds!

Face it City fans, like most footy fans, we all talk a good game but the fact is we are a fickle bunch who say one thing when it suits us and jump on another band wagon when it doesn't.

But I guess that is why sites like this exist............

And isn't hindsight a wonderful thing!!

What sometimes amazes me with City fans is their ability to be wise after the event.

When Mandaric was first interested in buying this club, the general feel I got was of hope and happiness that this man who transformed Portsmouth FC was buying our club.

Leicester City became headline news and once the transaction was completed and we stayed in the Championship 06/07, a new era of hope emerged with the sigining of Martin Allen. Now correct me if I am wrong, but again the majority of City fans were pleased with this signing - a manager with the nickname Mad Dog must be half decent we thought.

And not only that, but we then go and sign 14 new players - Leicester City are going to be back in the Premiership before we know it..................but I guess we all know what happened next!

My point is people are quick to forget how they felt at the time, but are even quicker to say I told you so, or I'd rather have a Martin George than a Milan Mandaric - I bet you would not have said that 12 months ago.

And its the same with new players - when we signed Oakley, Howard, Hendrie most of us were pleased with these signings as we thought they would be good additions to the squad. All I here now is that its Holloways fault for signing a load of dudds!

Face it City fans, like most footy fans, we all talk a good game but the fact is we are a fickle bunch who say one thing when it suits us and jump on another band wagon when it doesn't.

But I guess that is why sites like this exist............

Actually I did say it so feck off.

I am merely making the point that lasts seasons events prove it is much more than just investing large sums of money and is more about good, stong leadership and decision making.

Actually I did say it so feck off.

I am merely making the point that lasts seasons events prove it is much more than just investing large sums of money and is more about good, stong leadership and decision making.

Spot on.

And like the rest of us who were sceptics, were accused of wanting to see the club spiral into decline and the lower leagues, whereas with MM the future was going to be .....

And most of us have not been quick to say "I told you so" or to jump on another bandwagon, because there is no pleasure in having been vindicated.

The fact is the club has become the plaything of a footie obsessive and desperately needs some hard, cold leadership.

Spot on.

And like the rest of us who were sceptics, were accused of wanting to see the club spiral into decline and the lower leagues, whereas with MM the future was going to be .....

And most of us have not been quick to say "I told you so" or to jump on another bandwagon, because there is no pleasure in having been vindicated.

The fact is the club has become the plaything of a footie obsessive and desperately needs some hard, cold leadership.

Fair point, but to be honest some of us who saw the Mandaric takeover as a positive thing, knew the downside which you have identified.

However, before you re-write history BG & PK, just remember that in spite of the winks & nudges from the FT etc, there was no other substantive interest than Mandaric's. Also recall that prior to his takeover, we could hardly afford to bring in a loan signing from the Leics Senior League.

Things have gone badly, badly wrong - and I remain convinced that Mandaric's biggest single mistake was not to sack Holloway around the end of February this year whilst there was still time for someone to come in - perhaps on a temporary basis - and steer the club out of an entirely unnecessary relegation. A relegation brought on by a manager who is not fit for purpose.

Spot on.

Good points OG - us sceptics did take some barbed comments at the time but am I bitter and twisted about it? - well yes as it happens.:icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566