Holloway Staying

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he decided to go to the press last week, I cringed. If ever there was a time to just belt up it's now.
Don't agree.

Maybe Holloway shouldn't have said what he did to the press, maybe Holloway misled the press or tried to get them onside as he seems to have done with his sect.

Maybe MM had to come out and set the record straight because of the false impression that the manipulative bastard had created.

He has now turned certain sections of our fan base against MM. I don't think Ian Holloway wants to be a succesful Manager as much as he wants to be liked.

David Brent anyone?

To be honest all this talk of MM wanting out and MM selling the Club is just wild guessing.He says he is staying but of course people know better

I don't know any more than anyone else.Personally I've got an open mind on the subject.

There was an article in the Telegraph a few weeks ago saying that he'd lined up a buyer and that it'd fell through when we got relegated. Normally MM threatens to sue the papers at the slightest untruth.

MM bought the club with an eye to a profit. Now that it looks like he's out of his depth and likely to lose a fortune on deal some people are speculating that he might want out. Doesn't seem strange to me.
Perhaps you know better.

Unfortunately H, the power that Holloway has over certain sections of support is turning them against MM.

I know I jokingly refer to it is a sect or a cult, but it really is looking that way. These people refuse to lay any blame at the feet of Holloway, so the only thing they can do is turn against MM, it's pretty disturbing really.

What's as bad is they can't see it, they have been brainwashed.

This is also fueled by the local media.

Why do they have to keep refering to him as 'Ollie'

This paints an image of undeserved fondness 'Ollie the fans pal'..

His name is Ian Holloway and through bad management has just relegated our club.

Just filled in a survey (anything to help get rid) in the Sporting Blue in which I correctly gave Holloway all poors except relationship with chairman and media.

Have to post it (online is too easy) to 'Ollies Survey' make you want to chunder

He is not a Leicester fan, he is an Ian 'Ollie' Holloway fan

Maybe Holloway shouldn't have said what he did to the press, maybe Holloway misled the press or tried to get them onside as he seems to have done with his sect.

Maybe MM had to come out and set the record straight because of the false impression that the manipulative bastard had created.

He has now turned certain sections of our fan base against MM.

The right time for MM to 'set the record straight' was on Monday, immediately after he realised that people may have been misled. He doesn't need Holloway's help to turn people against him - some have been against him since his name was first mentioned in relation to the club.

I don't think Ian Holloway wants to be a succesful Manager as much as he wants to be liked.

Now you're being silly.

He has now turned certain sections of our fan base against MM.

Sorry but that's shit, Some of us were sceptical about MM before the take over. Now after the hiring and firing of of Martin Allen, the signing of 15 or so useless wankers ( one on the strength of a youtube clip), an arrest and questioning by the police looking into football corruption, you're saying it's Holloway's fault people have turned against MM.

You don't like Holloway, fair enough but MM is a **** and that's nobody's fault but his own.

Sorry but that's shit, Some of us were sceptical about MM before the take over.
Exactly, you are speaking for yourself, not everybody.

I take you are some sort of fcuking genius if you think I am wrong when I say "certain sections". I take you are the all seeing eye that knows about "every section" and can comment on their behalf.

Or...

That perhaps the blame for this season isn't entirely Ian Holloway's and that MM has royally ballsed a few things up. When he decided to go to the press last week, I cringed. If ever there was a time to just belt up it's now. We have had a shocking season, therefore let's get our heads down and work things out for the best of the club and for next season. By going 'live' with all this information just adds further attention on our plight IMO, and I am not sure that's a good thing.

Overall though, I am delighted with MM and what he is trying to achieve at our club. I know how financially bad we were prior to his investment and I think we all owe a debt of gratitude to him for this.

Totally agree,
The previous board were seen to be loosing out due to the low value of the club when bought by MM most were selling a service/ product to the club at inflated prices, pies being one.

Need to remember that the money MM keeps putting in to keep the club afloat is not gifts but loans. We are in debt big time.

He needs the club to suceed to get his money back, he won't loose on it, didn't become a multi millionaire that way.

Assest stripping being the only other option

The right time for MM to 'set the record straight' was on Monday, immediately after he realised that people may have been misled
Really?

Maybe if he'd have done that he'd have been accused of not thinking before he reacts.

Maybe it's taken him 3 or 4 days to study the feedback and decide on the way he wants to deal with it.

Exactly, you are speaking for yourself, not everybody.

I take you are some sort of fcuking genius if you think I am wrong when I say "certain sections". I take you are the all seeing eye that knows about "every section" and can comment on their behalf.

Calm down, take a deep breath and explain yourself properly, because I didn't understand a ****ing word of that.

Asset stripping at this stage I think is inevitable in some ways unfortunately, I hope to god players like N'Gotty, Howard and Dumb Joke Campbell are the ones we 'sacrifice'....Alas, I fear it will be Mattock, Stearman, Kisnorbo, Gareth Macpants and Hume.

We will see the true cut of MMs jib in weeks to follow....for sure.

Calm down, take a deep breath and explain yourself properly, because I didn't understand a ****ing word of that.
I said "certain sections" and you said "sorry, but that's shit"

You gave me the impression you know everybody and everybody's opinion and was speaking on their behalf and that's how you knew I was wrong.

Who are these sects?

All I see/hear are Leicester City supporters doing their best to get behind the manager and team which we all feel (team at least) should be good enough to do far better than they have.

I started losing faith in Mr Holloway after the Carl Cort debacle. Losing at home to Plymouth (and his body language in that encounter) only furthered my fears and now relegation after the big January.

HOWEVER..

We are not going to do any better by another fire/hire IMO unless it's a hire which is of the ilk of Ince, Davies or Grayson and sadly I just do not think they would want to come to this shambles.

Last edited:
The right time for MM to 'set the record straight' was on Monday, immediately after he realised that people may have been misled. He doesn't need Holloway's help to turn people against him - some have been against him since his name was first mentioned in relation to the club.
Now you're being silly.

I should imaging he was flabagasted,

He made his statement on Monday.
Basically 'we had a chat, things remain as they are now until my next meetings' ie no decision yet, time to reflect etc.

Holloway puts his spin on it and even says he gave the chairman some home truths! and its all happy days wtf

It's yet more adverse publicity the club don't need. There would have been no problem in MM saying that there were no statements to be made to the press, aside from 'business as usual'.

I said "certain sections" and you said "sorry, but that's shit"

You gave me the impression you know everybody and everybody's opinion and was speaking on their behalf and that's how you knew I was wrong.

You were wrong when you said Holloway had turned some people against MM. MM is quite capable of turning people against him on his own.

There are plenty of people who don't like either.

Who are these sects?

All I see/hear are Leicester City supporters doing their best to get behind the manager and team which we all feel (team at least) should be good enough to do far better than they have.

I started losing faith in Mr Holloway after the Carl Cort debacle. Losing at home to Plymouth (and his body language in that encounter) only furthered my fears and now relegation after the big January.

HOWEVER..

We are not going to do any better by another fire/hire IMO unless it's a hire which is of the ilk of Ince, Davies or Grayson and sadly I just do not think they would want to come to this shambles.

you seem to contradict yourself there.

I for one finished getting behind Holloway during the Cort incident

so its all you see are fans (less us 2!) getting behind the manager

Last edited:
I saw Holloway's first match in charge, and I would still like to know who was responsible for team selection/tactics etc as we were simply awesome and with Hume/Fryatt up front that day at Ashton Gate we were brilliant. Unfortunately Fryatt got red-carded which disrupted the rhythm, but I would like to have known who's team selection that was as it would IMO have been a pairing up front which would have faired better than Howard/? in hindsight. If, as I imagine, it was Taggs' team that day then he remains a possibility perhaps to take the reigns, however I still think it's too early for him. A Taggart/Little partnership may work...

you seem to contradict yourself there.

I for one finished getting behind Holloway during the Cort incident

so its all you see are fans (less us 2!) getting behind the manager

It's a case of me trying to see a) who the sects are and b) my 'however' paragraph I hoped would paint a picture of why I still stick by him (IH) at present.

I saw Holloway's first match in charge, and I would still like to know who was responsible for team selection/tactics etc as we were simply awesome and with Hume/Fryatt up front that day at Ashton Gate we were brilliant. Unfortunately Fryatt got red-carded which disrupted the rhythm, but I would like to have known who's team selection that was as it would IMO have been a pairing up front which would have faired better than Howard/? in hindsight. If, as I imagine, it was Taggs' team that day then he remains a possibility perhaps to take the reigns, however I still think it's too early for him. A Taggart/Little partnership may work...

good shout

Re Hume/ Fryatt Not ideal but I think they are the best front two we have.

Sad thing is for all the money spent and the size of the squad, we would of done better with the squad (+ kids) that finished last season

Last edited:
good shout

Re Hume/ Fryatt Not ideal but I think they are the best front two we have.

Sad thing is for all the money spent and the size of the squad, we would of done better with the squad (+ kids) that finished last season

In the summer we let Hendrie go, and boy did that come back to haunt us IMO, he was exactly who we needed and that was painfully obvious when he came on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669