Holloway Staying

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about this for a theory - with no substance behind it: 5 live has just said that Tony Adams, the Portsmouth assistant manager, has not signed a new contract because he wants to return to management. Could MM be waiting for him?

very passionate guy who could just be the ticket

Or...

That perhaps the blame for this season isn't entirely Ian Holloway's and that MM has royally ballsed a few things up. When he decided to go to the press last week, I cringed. If ever there was a time to just belt up it's now. We have had a shocking season, therefore let's get our heads down and work things out for the best of the club and for next season. By going 'live' with all this information just adds further attention on our plight IMO, and I am not sure that's a good thing.

Overall though, I am delighted with MM and what he is trying to achieve at our club. I know how financially bad we were prior to his investment and I think we all owe a debt of gratitude to him for this.

It isn't but he has done nothing to make it better. :102: :056:

Exactly, you are speaking for yourself, not everybody.

I take you are some sort of fcuking genius if you think I am wrong when I say "certain sections". I take you are the all seeing eye that knows about "every section" and can comment on their behalf.

Let's see some evidence about what you claim, sunshine, before you start dissing anyone who doesn't believe you.

Aye - so that's Mattock and Hume out the door guaranteed

Clapham at left back, and Hayles up front

Can't feckin' wait

Will test IH, will he keep his favs or keep the best. Hume going or staying will show that. I dont approve of keeping IH but I think MM is trying the stability approach.

You really have it in for MM. Can I ask what the reason is?

I don't know how you can have come to that conclusion based on that remark. It had nothing to do with MM and was a mocking of Highland Fox over his displeasure at the then-apparent news that Holloway was staying.

Where I have elsewhere criticised Milan Mandaric, I have made my reasons clear in the text. I see no sense in rehearsing things here when you can so easily read things yourself.

Will test IH, will he keep his favs or keep the best. Hume going or staying will show that. I dont approve of keeping IH but I think MM is trying the stability approach.

Instead of answering week old posts, why don't you look for some which reflect current thinking?

Melts, you are one person I continually come on here to read and banter with...Let me make that point perfectly clear, however....

I am not an 'Ollie Protector', but am also trying to not have a knee-jerk reaction to what has happened this season, which ultimately I hold MM 100% responsible.
The fact of not having a replacement could have massive connotations with the following season, and yet a lot of posters here keep regurgitating names of managers who will not come here, full stop. Therefore, what is our best policy do you think?

Here's a list of managers various posters have noted, and my opinions on them coming here, for what it's worth:

Dowie - No, he wants QPR and Championship at the lowest level.
Newell - A loose cannon who has yet to find employment follwowing his disastrous end of tenure at Luton (although I rate him as a manager I do not think MM will want to work with him).
Davies - No way will he come and work for MM.
Allardyce - Get a life, you're dreaming
Taggs - Not ready
Grayson - Wouldn't want to touch the poisoned challice that is LCFC IMO. Why would he drop a division either? Too much risk.
Ince - No way, we missed out on him.
Blackwell - Doing a fabulous job a Sheffield UTD thanks very much.

So who then? Who is going to be given the chance to, again, re-start our club?

I vote for stability myself, and that's mainly as I don't think we have any choice.

Walsh if you laugh and say no way, tell me why you think IH can do a better job than Walsh?

He's out of his depth in relation to motivating professional who have achieved something, tactically naive and can't stand pressure. He plays the underdog role really well but now there is an expectation upon him. The expectation isn't being answered - in fact it's being added to. There is no big club vibe but there is an expected level.
What makes it all worse was Holloway's appeals for calm and that once he had his own players in everything would change. Then his pledge to finish 17th. Added expectation...never came.

I fail to see how anyone who watched Stoke game could claim he wasn't out of his depth. He just didn't have a clue.

Personally I want the **** to work his bollox off in getting us out of this mess. He knows he's in the wrong and there is only one he can sorted it out. And that's just not promotion.....

I think ithe stuff about us being stuck to find a manager if goes tits up after 10 games is barmy. There are plenty of decent managers available down there in the lower leagues and we could try the untested route. People can say we need someone with a proven track record - but every single manager we have had at City over the past 20 years hasn't had the best of records. So we are hardly going to pull rabbits out of the hat now.

Well fact is every manager is a gamble, newcastle probably thought with big sam they bagged a sure win but it wasnt to be. Sunderland gambled and it paid off.

He's still here Alex and he's got his chance and we have the much craved stability.I don't think you are going to convince us that he is the man for the job but I for one will try to have an open mind when the new season starts and I will be the first to admit I was wrong if he gets us promoted immediately,anything less than that is not exceptable and you have to agree if he fails then he has to go

Agreed stability will be put to the test and I think promotion is a minimum requirement for him.

For one, Steve Walsh would need to stop prancing about talking a big game, and actually do some coaching badges....

Let's see some evidence about what you claim, sunshine, before you start dissing anyone who doesn't believe you.
I'm not "dissing" anybody for not believing me or sharing my opinion :icon_conf

I merely pointed out that what I said couldn't just be put down as "shit". If you'd read it properly, you'd have realised I was the one being "dissed".

Was I? I take it you know everybody then.
And how many people do you know who used to think MM was great but now, thanks to Holloway they don't?
I'm not "dissing" anybody for not believing me or sharing my opinion :icon_conf

I merely pointed out that what I said couldn't just be put down as "shit". If you'd read it properly, you'd have realised I was the one being "dissed".

I said that was shit, not you were shit. I was 'dissing' your post not you, so stop spitting your dummy out of the pram.

I said that was shit, not you were shit.
I never said you did say "I" was shit :icon_roll

Look, since Holloway took over at this club I have been asking the question as to why he is hero worshipped. NOBODY has given me an answer, NOBODY has been able to justify their brainless, unconditional love for the guy. So please don't start asking me to justify anything I say about the guy, otherwise I'll just give back the brainless moronic vacant (virtual) stare that I've been receiving the past 5 months.

I never said you did say "I" was shit :icon_roll

Look, since Holloway took over at this club I have been asking the question as to why he is hero worshipped. NOBODY has given me an answer, NOBODY has been able to justify their brainless, unconditional love for the guy. So please don't start asking me to justify anything I say about the guy, otherwise I'll just give back the brainless moronic vacant (virtual) stare that I've been receiving the past 5 months.

stare.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670