Holloway Staying

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I have just renewed on the strength of that post

Either buy your season ticket, or buy your missus something nice, either way will everyone stop ****ing going on about it!!

You either support Leicester City or you don't, simple as. I personally would never waste my money on a season ticket to watch Leicester City - I'd rather enjoy my Saturday afternoons, but at least I am honest about it.

People who say they will not renew their season tickets because Holloway is still the manager, well don't talk about it, do it.

One revolving door seems to have been stopped up - perhaps we can hope that another will be. The revolving door policy stems in no small part from the "free-to-leave-if-we're-relegated" clauses in the contracts that were awarded in the 2003/04 season. It led to a hotch-potch of a squad for the following season and the constant chopping and changing since then has done nothing to improve it. I agree with you.

I do suspect though (from the "mentality of the group" comment) that something/somebody(ies) is/are going to have to be removed before that door can be completely closed. I look forward to next season with more hope than I have done for any of the previous three.

Spot on for me. Great post Boc

Cant understand why people want hollaway gone and wont renew there season tickets!! your a leicester supporter or not one! support him leicester milan and buy your tickets ffs! or stay at home and be a sky fan! i would rather be a supporter than a fan!!!!

OK Thanks.

There was a press release after the Stoke Game where Mandaric said that he had found a buyer for the club, but that it had fallen through because we had been relegated. From Milans history he does not always say what he is actually doing. Just before Holloway was signed he completely denied Holloway being on his "list" of potential managers.
Bottom line is I believe that he still wants out and does not want to rock the boat whilst courting another buyer or pay out compensation to Holloway, quite possible he simply cannot afford to with the current state of the US economy and credit squeeze worldwide as most of Mandarics business interest seem to be in the US. Also the payout to MA would have cost him no doubt still paying. I just do not belive that Holloway would not have been sacked months ago if Mandaric was in a sound postion financially his record is appalling and he got us relegated.
Last year Mandaric said relegation was "unthinkable". This is not about Holloway or Leicester City its about $$$$$$ and Mandaric trying to move on. :006:

There was a press release after the Stoke Game where Mandaric said that he had found a buyer for the club, but that it had fallen through because we had been relegated. From Milans history he does not always say what he is actually doing. Just before Holloway was signed he completely denied Holloway being on his "list" of potential managers.
Bottom line is I believe that he still wants out and does not want to rock the boat whilst courting another buyer or pay out compensation to Holloway, quite possible he simply cannot afford to with the current state of the US economy and credit squeeze worldwide as most of Mandarics business interest seem to be in the US. Also the payout to MA would have cost him no doubt still paying. I just do not belive that Holloway would not have been sacked months ago if Mandaric was in a sound postion financially his record is appalling and he got us relegated.
Last year Mandaric said relegation was "unthinkable". This is not about Holloway or Leicester City its about $$$$$$ and Mandaric trying to move on. :006:

really where was this press release??

Have you got any evidence of this or anything else that you write about here? Your imagining things and writing about them as though they are fact is not helpful to anybody.

perhaps it was recaptured and shot

there was a rumour in one of the papers that a buyer had pulled out i think may have been the telegraph.

LINK

It is understood that Mandaric had recently found a buyer for the club but that proposed sale has now collapsed after their drop into the relative wilderness of League One.

Last edited:
there was a rumour in one of the papers that a buyer had pulled out i think may have been the telegraph.

LINK

Is that the same quality article that starts by saying that MM will make IH his fifth managerial casualty without giving any sort of time-scale? Hard to get wrong that kind of vacuous statement; IH could hardly be the 4th or 6th such casualty and he has got to leave at some stage, hasn't he?

Wonderful reporting from a wonderful newspaper - but not a press release!

Last edited:
I think that there is no way that Holloway would still be in post if Mandaric really had long term plans to run the club.

I'm sure that Mandaric would sell the club if he could get any sort of salvage offer for it - but that's all very unlikely now. So, from this point on, I expect him to be much more careful with his cash.

Is that the same quality article that starts by saying that MM will make IH his fifth managerial casualty without giving any sort of time-scale? Hard to get wrong that kind of vacuous statement; IH could hardly be the 4th or 6th such casualty and he has got to leave at some stage, hasn't he?

Wonderful reporting from a wonderful newspaper - but not a press release!

Think it may be ;)

Last edited:
I think that there is no way that Holloway would still be in post if Mandaric really had long term plans to run the club.

I'm sure that Mandaric would sell the club if he could get any sort of salvage offer for it - but that's all very unlikely now. So, from this point on, I expect him to be much more careful with his cash.

Totally agree, which makes me think the forthcoming season will not be full of highlights.

You might be right. As fans we would not run the "cut/dump and run" scenario through our minds but we should remind ourselves that MM would. :icon_conf

You might be right. As fans we would not run the "cut/dump and run" scenario through our minds but we should remind ourselves that MM would. :icon_conf

I think that anyone who tried to put themselves in Mandaric's position couldn't fail to see this scenario.

As you imply most fans have a unique (blue) rose coloured perspective and like
to believe what they want to believe.

I can't believe that the 'real' Mandaric would have retained Holloway - so there has to be another agenda which I see as financial prudence; hope that we can quickly get out of the football wasteland which is League 1 - and then get rid or if someone comes knocking on the door now, so much the better.

If this does prove to be the case, I couldn't blame Mandaric. He may have made some poor calls but he brought much to the club - and he has been very badly let down.

Who have Plymouth released? no doubt they will be on Ollies shortlist (need a replacement for Kis) and would Halmosi drop a league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669