How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm feeling lucky to be alive after a near death experience on the M69 last night. Guy in front of me engine exploded at 100mph in the fast lane, I was about 20 feet behind him. Immediate white out and oil all over my windscreen. How there wasnt a pile up I will never know.

Is that the same urbandictionary where anybody can invent new words & anybody is allowed to add definitions to those words?
As opposed to wikipedia which is heavily moderated & all additions have to be substantiated.
The wikipedia article uses both spellings to make the point that 'craic' is a gaelisised spelling of the English word 'crack'.

My grandfather is a native Irish speaker, it is his first language, and he almost spits his false teeth out when he sees the word spelt 'craic' in either an Irish or an English sentence.
Interestingly, he does use the word 'crack' in conversation when he is speaking English, badly, but not when he is speaking as gaeilge.

There is a lot of difference between the Irish counties, just like Geordies have there own words and Scousers etc. I would say that your Grandfather is not from Derry based on this.

My Grandfather is also a native Irish speaker. I would of asked him of his opinions but all of my relatives in Ireland are deceased.

I'm feeling lucky to be alive after a near death experience on the M69 last night. Guy in front of me engine exploded at 100mph in the fast lane, I was about 20 feet behind him. Immediate white out and oil all over my windscreen. How there wasnt a pile up I will never know.

did anything else happen?

did anything else happen?

Yes, he actually shit his pants.

Doesn't sound a particularly nice experience though, hope your not shaken up from it......

..... you big panzy!! :icon_lol:

Apologies DF, you wouldn't have been able to detect my sarcastic tone from that post. :icon_lol: :icon_wink

:icon_lol:

Was quite scary really, literally couldnt see anything, took a flyer on the lane to my left being empty as I slammed the anchors on and fortunatley it was. The guys car was on fire as he pulled across the lanes.

Lesson - dont drive at 100mph in a P reg Vectra.

Derry? No, Arranmore off Donegal.

I'm delighted to see that you have Derry in its correct form though. :icon_lol:

Would explain why he may not of used, or even herd it in the sense of craic. Must just be a local thing.

Yeah, no Hun Bastards round here! :icon_lol:

For sure

What??? :102:

The crack is that it isn't an Irish slang word, for ****sake!

It is an English word that some media arseholes decided would look good on Guinness adverts & pub signs by spelling it as if it were an Irish word.
It makes me, and most of the Irish nation, cringe whenever I see it spelt like that. It is right up there with glittery shamrocks & leprechauns.

It is an English word, you are typing your post in English, arguably, so why would you revert to a wanky, insulting spelling of an English word midsentence?

It seems that the Irish cricket team are up for the craic. ;)

It seems that the Irish cricket team are up for the craic. ;)

Don't try winding me up today Steven, I'm in really bad humour.

I couldn't give a **** about that shower of west Brits & their ****ing heathen game, and it's no surprise that the friggen BBC don't know how to spell an English word.

Happy Friday everybody.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611