How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A seriously unhappy person!

It seems that whilst I was on holiday, the direct debit for my car insurance bounced (unbeknown to me). As a result Norwich Union decided to cancel my policy. Unfortunately for me, they failed to tell me this.

When I left work today, there was a PCSO waiting by my car for me. They had been invited to a community fun day here at the school today and whilst there (we have them on CCTV), they went round every car in the car park checking it for legallity, tyres, tax, insurance etc.

As a result they have now seized my car and I have to pay £150 to get it released. I also have to take my insurance certificate with me. Norwich Union insisted that they couldn't reinstate my old policy and I had to take out a new one. They say that my Certificate should be with me in the next 10 working days.

Oh yes, that £150 is only if I get the car by midday tomorrow, after that it's an extra £25 a day.

If the police came to the school today to help build relationships with the community, they certainly went the wrong way about it. ****s.

:098:

Ouch. Threaten to sue Norwich Union for your costs.

What's a PCSO by the way?

Oh yes, that £150 is only if I get the car by midday tomorrow, after that it's an extra £25 a day.

Just like the Coppers did with my vehicle three weeks when stolen. Wankers - and they even have a law for this shit to get away with it. Insurance and Police.

I am also fed up....waiting for these bleeding 10pm kick-offs for TBFC.

Last edited:

It seems that whilst I was on holiday, the direct debit for my car insurance bounced (unbeknown to me). As a result Norwich Union decided to cancel my policy. Unfortunately for me, they failed to tell me this.

When I left work today, there was a PCSO waiting by my car for me. They had been invited to a community fun day here at the school today and whilst there (we have them on CCTV), they went round every car in the car park checking it for legallity, tyres, tax, insurance etc.

As a result they have now seized my car and I have to pay £150 to get it released. I also have to take my insurance certificate with me. Norwich Union insisted that they couldn't reinstate my old policy and I had to take out a new one. They say that my Certificate should be with me in the next 10 working days.

If the police came to the school today to help build relationships with the community, they certainly went the wrong way about it. ****s.

sorry SJN, but that made me smile, I couldn't help it.....

Where is Harry Roberts when you need him.

Just like the Coppers did with my vehicle three weeks when stolen. Wankers - and they even have a law for this shit to get away with it. Insurance and Police.

I am also fed up....waiting for these bleeding 10pm kick-offs for TBFC.

Tell me about it, I'm now trying to kill 20 minutes on the khazi until my dad gets here.

Correct Macky. It was always used to indicate that you were 'stuffed' after eating a lot of food.

Also used in my circles as "I've got the podge", again to indicate a full stomach.

Anyone else use that term?
Yes, almost daily :icon_redf :icon_wink

Use it often and hear it often, in fact, I'm surprised you seem to think it's not in common use.

I was 17 before I realised it wasn't normal to be read a book at bedtime by my mummy so it shouldn't surprise you too much.

I was 17 before I realised it wasn't normal to be read a book at bedtime by my mummy so it shouldn't surprise you too much.

I think we should have a poll on it, let the forum decide...

I don't understand this, but then I'm no legal expert. Do you have to have insurance to have a car parked on private property? How would they know you hadn't driven it there when it was still insured and you were just going to get something out of it? Unlikely I know, but possible.

Also couldn't someone else drive it or have driven it there? I'm sure my own insurance allows me to drive someone else's car, under road traffic act minimum insurance only, but still legally.

Also... at my old company I'm fairly certain we used to have a blanket insurance policy for all the company cars. We had to provide a list of which cars were covered but only once a year, so if a car was bought in the meantime it wouldn't show, but would be covered. So, how could the police know if it was insured or not?

None of the above is probably very helpful to you and I agree it's not the way to gain public support and Norwich Union don't come out of it all well either. I suppose you should be "glad" you found out now and not after an accident.

Last edited:
I tried to con by insurance broker out of £20, now it's gone wrong I'm bitching like a teenager.
:icon_bigg

seroiusly though,
Fair play to the pcso's, if someone drove into my wife & kids with shite tyres, no insurance or tax i'd want them nailed.

:icon_bigg

seroiusly though,
Fair play to the pcso's, if someone drove into my wife & kids with shite tyres, no insurance or tax i'd want them nailed.

So would I. My gripe is as much with Norwich Union as with the old bill.

Correct Macky. It was always used to indicate that you were 'stuffed' after eating a lot of food.

Also used in my circles as "I've got the podge", again to indicate a full stomach.

Anyone else use that term?

Then what is "podged" if it is not a past participle? :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00